• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Spiritual Projection

Spiritual Projection 1.0.3

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It works so far. I'mma give you 5 stars.

Also, just wondering: with the new protocol that prohibits addons to be submitted that don't follow the canon, wouldn't you have comply with those rules and remove Drain, AstralAttack and that spiritual bar system? Is there a risk of this addon getting removed If you don't maintain it's canon status?

@OmniCypher @Mist ? How will this be handled?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Also, just wondering: with the new protocol that prohibits addons to be submitted that don't follow the canon, wouldn't you have comply with those rules and remove Drain, AstralAttack and that spiritual bar system? Is there a risk of this addon getting removed If you don't maintain it's canon status?

This is a bending based move. It is the authors idea of what should be possible in Spiritual Projection. Just because it isn't canon does not mean it will be removed, because it is still 100% bending related. ;)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This is a bending based move. It is the authors idea of what should be possible in Spiritual Projection. Just because it isn't canon does not mean it will be removed, because it is still 100% bending related. ;)
True 1 out of 4 is canon. Nontheless, I love Loony's ability. Really revolutionizes airbending by improving that sub-technique! Kudos to you Loons.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator

It does not have to be canon it just has to be bending-based. Some sort of Avatar theme to it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
the new protocol that prohibits addons to be submitted that don't follow the canon
I'll add on to say that the rule says it's vague to give authors creative freedom. Only a blatantly non-conon addon would be removed. For example: If someone made the ability to create animal bubbles because they saw it in a Spongebob episode, that'd probably be removed because it has nothing to do with Avatar. However if you allowed and air/Waterbender the ability to control bubbles underwater somehow, that'd be okay because it's your interpretation of the show and it's lore; plus it's not completely off topic from Avatar.

Loony

Verified Member
True 1 out of 4 is canon. Nontheless, I love Loony's ability. Really revolutionizes airbending by improving that sub-technique! Kudos to you Loons.
All of these are canon, just some aesthetics might be different.

Meditation - canon. Getting in touch with your spiritual side.
AstralAttack - Canon based on what spiritual projection can actually do, look it up yourself. This is one where the aesthetics might not be extremely canon, but it's just supposed to resemble an astral attack. Another argument for AstralAttack being canon is that you could just say it's normal Airbending move; we saw Ang send a body of particles as an attack.
Spirit - This is canon too; we saw people going into the spirit form, just the aesthetics could use a little work. There's a config option for you to TP back to where you started this ability, so it would work like in the show. This is enabled by default.
Drain - This is the one where I used what I knew about astral projection and spiritual projection and created an ability. I consider this a form of Chiblocking for Airbenders and I believe it would be possible. However, I can understand why people say this wouldn't be canon and I'm fine with that.

Overall, the ability is pretty canon. Saying 1/4 abilities are canon is nonsense because 3/4 were modelled from scenes in the show or actual lore from the Wiki.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This is one where the aesthetics might not be extremely canon, but it's just supposed to resemble an astral attack. Another argument for AstralAttack being canon is that you could just say it's normal Airbending move; we saw Ang send a body of particles as an attack.
Except Aang used physical matter, air. Whilst this uses a astral realm attack (at least according on what your description and title implies). Big difference there.

Same way you can't create an ability named "HealingIce", described it as "heals via ice" and claim that it's canon, because a bender used water for healing and conclude the exact efect can be executed through ice.

"Doesn't make things canon whilst an x is not y (x - being water / air, y - being ice / spiritual construct")."

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
Except Aang used physical matter, air. Whilst this uses a astral realm attack (at least according on what your description and title implies). Big difference there.

Same way you can't create an ability named "HealingIce", described it as "heals via ice" and claim that it's canon, because a bender used water for healing and conclude the exact efect can be executed through ice.

"Doesn't make things canon whilst an x is not y (x - being water / air, y - being ice / spiritual construct")."
I could literally just say that it isn't astral and it's air particles and then it's 100% canon with no arguments is my point.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I would agree If the title and the description of the ability didn't say the opposite. More so when it's under Spiritual Projection sub-technique ;D

All and all, I still love this ability.

Loony

Verified Member
I would agree If the title and the description of the ability didn't say the opposite. More so when it's under Spiritual Projection sub-technique ;D

All and all, I still love this ability.
If a name change can make an ability canon then it's pretty canon to being with to be honest

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If a name change can make an ability canon then it's pretty canon to being with to be honest
To your quote: you took my comment out of context. If you gonna give a description and the name to the ability that you wanna define as such, at least do it propery. If that ability sends a wind attack, don't just call it "AstralForm" and describe it as such.

If you did mean it what you meant in your name and description for that ability - great. It's still not canon. What aang did doesn't have colleration to your so called "AstralAttack"

AstralForm != AirWake (cuz astral != air), therefor your backing up argument is flawed. Similar (with analogy) to how you cannot conclude that HealingIce is canon, because some waterbender-gurl/dude used healingwaters in the show.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
To your quote: you took my comment out of context. If you gonna give a description and the name to the ability that you wanna define as such, at least do it propery. If that ability sends a wind attack, don't just call it "AstralForm" and describe it as such.

If you did mean it what you meant in your name and description for that ability - great. It's still not canon. What aang did doesn't have colleration to your so called "AstralAttack"

AstralForm != AirWake (cuz astral != air), therefor your backing up argument is flawed. Similar (with analogy) to how you cannot conclude that HealingIce is canon, because some waterbender-gurl/dude used healingwaters in the show.
It isn't flawed and I stand by it. Besides, astral attack is canon. We might have never seen it, but if you research astral projection you'll discover it is a thing lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It isn't flawed and I stand by it. Besides, astral attack is canon. We might have never seen it, but if you research astral projection you'll discover it is a thing lol
Yet you fail to explain how it's canon. Astral Projecion? Though we were talking about the one in the avatar universe, lol.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Yet you fail to explain how it's canon. Astral Projecion? Though we were talking about the one in the avatar universe, lol.
Although he didn't explain it personally he did say you could research it to find out more... if you're wanting to disprove him you could research it and see what that says.

Gareth Swan

Verified Member
I thought though that when they talk about astral, how it was tapping into the cosmic energy of the universe or something like when Korra was walking towards that giant creepy statue of her before she became Korra on steroids?

Regards

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I thought though that when they talk about astral, how it was tapping into the cosmic energy of the universe or something like when Korra was walking towards that giant creepy statue of her before she became Korra on steroids?

Regards
We had a debate over this. AstralProjection and SpiritualProjection are different things. What this move depicts is Spiritual Projection and what Korra did in your example is Astral Projection. Why Loony called it Astral Projection I dont know.