• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Spiritual Projection

Spiritual Projection 1.0.3

xNuminousx

Nice but can you add that you cant go with spirit through Barrierblocks ? would be nice if you try to add this :D
Kind of makes sense. If barriers are there it's for the purpose of letting people see out without going through. Logical should still apply to Spirit Projection. Maybe add it as a Boolean option and default is true.

Nicky0915

I don't know if this project is still active, but I have tried to use Spiritual Projection on my server and noticed several major bugs that may prevent me from adding it.
  • Whenever you initiate the multi-ability and you're trying to activate Spirit, but you're not on solid ground, the following message displays: "You must not be moving and be standing on solid ground to use this ability". This is fine, but the problem is that it displays to all players, not just the one attempting to use it. If there's an obvious solution to this and it's our error, please let me know because this is a major issue as it is able to spam public chat.
  • The NPC generated when activating Spirit displays in the TAB section that lists players. Thus, two of the same person are listed in tab while Spirit is active. This is relatively minor, and would not affect gameplay, but it is still worth reporting.
  • You are able to Meditate in Spirit form. I don't know if this is intended or not, but I feel like it isn't.
Also, I have a suggestion if you are still working on this.
  • I feel like Spirit could take a lot of inspiration from the "Phase" combo in the "Spirits" add-on developed by xNuminousx. When Spirit is activated, the sitting NPC could be generated and the player is put into Spectator mode. The player could then travel a set distance (preferably configurable) before being thrown back into their physical body. Alternatively, if the player wishes to return to their body without traveling that set distance, they can approach their physical body to exit Spirit mode. I get that this sounds very difficult to program, but this would make the ability much more realistic and useful, in my opinion.
    • This change to Spirit restricts the player from meditating, using Astral Attack, or using Spiritual Drain, which are all able to be used in Spirit mode as of now. The player is also unable to harm or be harmed. Above all, it makes the player invisible, which is canon considering Aang was invisible in his projected state. This is much more canon and has the potential to be much less buggy.
Please take all of this into consideration! I don't want this to come off as my hating your ability, because I quite love it! However, the bugs aforementioned and the current functionality of Spirit is not what I would want (glowing makes the player visible through walls). These are just suggestions, though, and you are the developer! Feel free to do with this information what you will.

Pride

I don't know if this project is still active, but I have tried to use Spiritual Projection on my server and noticed several major bugs that may prevent me from adding it.
  • Whenever you initiate the multi-ability and you're trying to activate Spirit, but you're not on solid ground, the following message displays: "You must not be moving and be standing on solid ground to use this ability". This is fine, but the problem is that it displays to all players, not just the one attempting to use it. If there's an obvious solution to this and it's our error, please let me know because this is a major issue as it is able to spam public chat.
  • The NPC generated when activating Spirit displays in the TAB section that lists players. Thus, two of the same person are listed in tab while Spirit is active. This is relatively minor, and would not affect gameplay, but it is still worth reporting.
  • You are able to Meditate in Spirit form. I don't know if this is intended or not, but I feel like it isn't.
  • I feel like Spirit could take a lot of inspiration from the "Phase" combo in the "Spirits" add-on developed by xNuminousx. When Spirit is activated, the sitting NPC could be generated and the player is put into Spectator mode. The player could then travel a set distance (preferably configurable) before being thrown back into their physical body. Alternatively, if the player wishes to return to their body without traveling that set distance, they can approach their physical body to exit Spirit mode. I get that this sounds very difficult to program, but this would make the ability much more realistic and useful, in my opinion.
    • This change to Spirit restricts the player from meditating, using Astral Attack, or using Spiritual Drain, which are all able to be used in Spirit mode as of now. The player is also unable to harm or be harmed. Above all, it makes the player invisible, which is canon considering Aang was invisible in his projected state. This is much more canon and has the potential to be much less buggy.
Please take all of this into consideration! I don't want this to come off as my hating your ability, because I quite love it! However, the bugs aforementioned and the current functionality of Spirit is not what I would want (glowing makes the player visible through walls). These are just suggestions, though, and you are the developer! Feel free to do with this information what you will.
sorry bud, loony's banned
pm him if you want the fix

Loony

Thank you for the feedback and bugs listed it’s very helpful. Busy atm, will get to work on it when I can

Feel free to add my Discord so I can PM you with an update fix for you to try out;
Loony#6044

Hey, is there a way to make it so when doing Spirit mode in Spiritual Projection that the player will be put into spectator mode? That way they can go through blocks and such, making it more spirit like? Also, that way mobs won't lock on to the player.