• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Spiritual Projection

Spiritual Projection 1.0.3

Loony

Verified Member
Loony submitted a new resource:

Spiritual Projection - Access your spiritual connection and use a variety of abilities based on astral power!

Spiritual Projection
Spiritual Projection is a completely unique and advanced spiritual ability that allows you to focus your spiritual energy into attack, defense or even mobility. These abilities require you to have enough spiritual energy, which can be recharged by meditating. The amount of spiritual energy an ability requires can be configured, and spiritual energy is displayed with Minecraft's boss bar....
Read more about this resource...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
DOOOOOOOOPE! By the look of the gifs, I might rate this 5 starts but I'll have to test it first on a server that has this. AstralAttacks kinda reminds of the move that Aang used, that knock Zuko backwards by sending a humanoid shape air construct. IIRC it was called AirWake on the wiki.

Also, I have a few ideas that may or may not be interest in doing:
  • Meditate could use the sitting/mountin animation for the user.
  • Drain should probably cancel oneself spiritual projection abilities, since that would make a lot of sense.
  • Due to above comparison, SpiritAttack should maybe be normal airbending attack?
  • Provide SPIRIT the capability to teleport to another player without their permission, but only with the user in his/her astral form.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
kinda reminds of the move that Aang used, that knock Zuko backwards by sending a humanoid shape air construct.
I made a suggestion for this (it was my FIRST suggestion) and it was called Summon Self. Ironically, it was denied by Loony because "it wouldn't look good in Minecraft." Now I see why it's been denied. :mad:

Loony

Verified Member
DOOOOOOOOPE! By the look of the gifs, I might rate this 5 starts but I'll have to test it first on a server that has this. AstralAttacks kinda reminds of the move that Aang used, that knock Zuko backwards by sending a humanoid shape air construct. IIRC it was called AirWake on the wiki.

Also, I have a few ideas that may or may not be interest in doing:
  • Meditate could use the sitting/mountin animation for the user.
  • Drain should probably cancel oneself spiritual projection abilities, since that would make a lot of sense.
  • Due to above comparison, SpiritAttack should maybe be normal airbending attack?
  • Provide SPIRIT the capability to teleport to another player without their permission, but only with the user in his/her astral form.
Thanks for the input.

AstralAttack is similar to your reference, but it's not the same. It's an astral ability; you're sending your astral form to attack someone, but I understand your point.

Might look into that for Meditate.

Not sure what you mean by drain or spirit.

Loony

Verified Member
I made a suggestion for this (it was my FIRST suggestion) and it was called Summon Self. Ironically, it was denied by Loony because "it wouldn't look good in Minecraft." Now I see why it's been denied. :mad:
xD it doesn't look that great or canon which is why it couldn't be in core, using an armour stand is the only way to do it

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Spirit could like be tethered to command or Spectator tp. Type in /spiritualproject to [player name] or click their head from the hotbar.

Drain absorbs spiritual energy, right? Why should all airbending get disabled? Airbending isn't depented to spiritualy. Therefor I think it should negate spiritual projection abilities when absorb from the target.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Loony

Verified Member
Spirit could like be tethered to command or Spectator tp. Type in /spiritualproject to [player name] or click their head from the hotbar.

Drain absorbs spiritual energy, right? Why should all airbending get disabled? Airbending isn't depented to spiritualy. Therefor I think it should negate spiritual projection abilities when absorb from the target.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
I'm not doing that for Spirit; bending moves using commands is just awful imo, and that's really overpowered.

My concept is that spiritual energy is a form of chi needed to bend, it's Airbender's version of ChiBlocking. It would be useless to only disable spiritual abilities since this is the first spiritual ability

xNuminousx

Verified Member
but it's not the same.
It may not be the same in elemental idea or functionality, but it does look pretty similar.
xD it doesn't look that great or canon which is why it couldn't be in core, using an armour stand is the only way to do it
If you're referring to my idea, it was canon. And you could have used the armor stand idea for Summon Self, it looks fine.

Loony

Verified Member
It may not be the same in elemental idea or functionality, but it does look pretty similar.

If you're referring to my idea, it was canon. And you could have used the armor stand idea for Summon Self, it looks fine.
It doesn't look canon is my point

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It gets the idea across. There's things that don't look canon in other things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I thought this was a pack lol. I don't think it should be a multiability.

Spirit won't be op (cuz after tpying you shouldn't be able to materialize there).

These are just my opinions. Nontheless, GJ on making this. This kind of custom abillity I was looking for ;)

Loony

Verified Member
I thought this was a pack lol. I don't think it should be a multiability.

Spirit won't be op (cuz after tpying you shouldn't be able to materialize there).

These are just my opinions. Nontheless, GJ on making this. This kind of custom abillity I was looking for ;)
It took me a week to learn how to make it & do it so yeah I'm proud :)

It had to be a multi ability because packs aren't allowed in the contest, that and I wanted to try and make a multi ability.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It took me a week to learn how to make it & do it so yeah I'm proud :)

It had to be a multi ability because packs aren't allowed in the contest, that and I wanted to try and make a multi ability.
Would you be open to making it a pack AFTER the contest is over?

Loony

Verified Member
Would you be open to making it a pack AFTER the contest is over?
Fun fact, I was origionallt going to upload a ZIP file so you can either have the multi ability or each ability. I can still do that if enough people want it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Fun fact, I was origionallt going to upload a ZIP file so you can either have the multi ability or each ability. I can still do that if enough people want it.
I think it'd be cool if it were a pack, however it would take up more slots to have it as a pack whereas you could use 1 slot for the whole thing. I think having it as a MultiAbility is more efficient but having it as a pack may be a bit smoother.

Loony

Verified Member
I think it'd be cool if it were a pack, however it would take up more slots to have it as a pack whereas you could use 1 slot for the whole thing. I think having it as a MultiAbility is more efficient but having it as a pack may be a bit smoother.
Thing is though, the spiritual energy for moves wouldn't work if it was a pack; it would have to be just normal cooldowns and charging time which takes away from the uniqueness.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Thing is though, the spiritual energy for moves wouldn't work if it was a pack; it would have to be just normal cooldowns and charging time which takes away from the uniqueness.
Then I'd say leave it as a MultiAbility if it's what works with your concept best.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Wouldn't make sence, but perhaps make it non-multiability in one ability :p

Left Click - Astral Attack
Hold Sneak >> Release - Spirit
Hold Sneak >> Left Click - Drain
Right Click - meditate.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well the reason it's multiability is more for concept rather than usage, in my eyes. And like he said, the spiritual energy wouldn't work as a pack, he'd have to use cooldowns and charging for it. I like the multiability idea. This way, the spiritual moves aren't usable unless you're in Spiritual form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk