• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Cleanse

Cleanse v1.0.1

Don't mind the creator's attidute. I do get the point and so would probabbly the creator If their gameplay experience got spoiled by an ability like that. You do have the reason to be angry at the design of the ability. It kinda look like your post was headed towards or is passive-aggresive, but at least there is no insults name calling and it's actually constructive. It's better than the others I seen. Heck, most of people post short comments that aren't even helpful to the creator by leaving it vague open to interpretation.

Viosient

@MeskenasBoii thanks.

I was thinking for like 5 minutes, and came up with an alternative.

Cleanse would be a water bending move in the blood bending sub-element. Since water benders can use this move, they can use water bending to freeze opponents in an attempt to land Cleanse using Torrent, Surge, WaterArms Spear, etc...
To do Cleanse, you need to punch them in the back. When you do this, it will teleport you closer behind them so that you aren't doing Cleanse 5 blocks away. Neither of you will be able to move, and to cancel Cleanse, you tap Shift.
There will be a meter below both people's screens, and for the person being Cleansed to break free, they need to right-click 10 times. For the person Cleansing, they need to right-click 7 times. The person who fills up the bar first, either successfully Cleanses or successfully breaks free. If they break free from the Cleanse grab, Cleanse goes on a 12 second cool-down.

If the person is successfully Cleansed, they go into the sleeping/laying animation for 3 seconds, have nausea 3 and slowness 2 for 5 seconds when they get back up, and can't bend for 25 seconds.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
@MeskenasBoii thanks.

I was thinking for like 5 minutes, and came up with an alternative.

Cleanse would be a water bending move in the blood bending sub-element. Since water benders can use this move, they can use water bending to freeze opponents in an attempt to land Cleanse using Torrent, Surge, WaterArms Spear, etc...
To do Cleanse, you need to punch them in the back. When you do this, it will teleport you closer behind them so that you aren't doing Cleanse 5 blocks away. Neither of you will be able to move, and to cancel Cleanse, you tap Shift.
There will be a meter below both people's screens, and for the person being Cleansed to break free, they need to right-click 10 times. For the person Cleansing, they need to right-click 7 times. The person who fills up the bar first, either successfully Cleanses or successfully breaks free. If they break free from the Cleanse grab, Cleanse goes on a 12 second cool-down.

If the person is successfully Cleansed, they go into the sleeping/laying animation for 3 seconds, have nausea 3 and slowness 2 for 5 seconds when they get back up, and can't bend for 25 seconds.
I don't think you understand.

This move was never meant to be very balanced nor fair. The fact the owner of the server you choose to play on decides to abuse it, is their choice. This move was more aimed at roleplay servers who want to play out a certain story. This move can help with that quite well.

Viosient

Ok, I see.

Welp, I have a better move suggestion.
Make a move called Pk-IQ where when you log on or log off, everyone in the server dies instantly and is temp-banned for a year. The move isn't bad because it's the server owner's fault for installing it, meaning the move itself is completely good. It's also not supposed to be balanced because <;;missing_reason(please_insert_reason)> and it is purely for role-play even though no one will use it for that purpose.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Ok, I see.

Welp, I have a better move suggestion.
Make a move called Pk-IQ where when you log on or log off, everyone in the server dies instantly and is temp-banned for a year. The move isn't bad because it's the server owner's fault for installing it, meaning the move itself is completely good. It's also not supposed to be balanced because <;;missing_reason(please_insert_reason)> and it is purely for role-play even though no one will use it for that purpose.
I mean, that was never shown in the show. This was, in fact, shown in the show. If your server owner would in fact install that they're simply a twat. We're not responsible for what happens on their server, that's entirely their fault really. This move was intended for roleplay I'm 100% sure.

ProjectKorra itself can be abused to the same point. It's completely possible to make yourself much much stronger than other players. With the same logic, you could be mad at the entire plugin.

Viosient

It's both the server owner's fault for installing Cleanse, aswell as the creator for making it. The move is bad imo, that doesn't change because the server owner chose to install it. Everything in the move and how it functions is still bad to me.
And I never saw Amon doing squats and punching people once and for them never to be able to bend for 5 minutes.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
As @Finn_Bueno_ said, it's made for roleplay. Not for normal benders. Even if a server owner installs this, users cannot use it. The permission defaults to op only, so it therefore has to be granted to users (for things like roleplay). If the server owner did give it to everyone and you are completely not okay with that, then I think it's time to find a better server. But that's just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I personally haven't used the addon, but that's because I have no real use for it since I'm not really into RPing. That's not saying that the move is bad or the author is at fault for making it; it's simply stating that it's not my thing. I feel like you would also fit into this category.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Whoops, sorry. Having an opinion in 2018 is either crying or toxic. Guess I'll turn my brain off, resort to insults only and agree with everything to win the popularity contest :)
If you want somebody to take your opinion seriously, don't start your point with
Why, just why? What was the reason, like, the actual thoughts going through someone's head making this.
You have an opinion, congratulations. Do I care? Absolutely not.

Viosient

As @Finn_Bueno_ said, it's made for roleplay. Not for normal benders. Even if a server owner installs this, users cannot use it. The permission defaults to op only, so it therefore has to be granted to users (for things like roleplay). If the server owner did give it to everyone and you are completely not okay with that, then I think it's time to find a better server. But that's just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I personally haven't used the addon, but that's because I have no real use for it since I'm not really into RPing. That's not saying that the move is bad or the author is at fault for making it; it's simply stating that it's not my thing. I feel like you would also fit into this category.
I've seen this move used on 4 servers total. Two are factions, one is vanilla, and one is a complete meme server with a meme texture pack and, I guess what they call "****-post". I have never seen this move used as roleplay. Even as a roleplay move, it still makes zero sense to me.

If you want somebody to take your opinion seriously, don't start your point with

You have an opinion, congratulations. Do I care? Absolutely not.
Obviously, you do care and take my opinion seriously. You read it and got triggered.

Viosient

They use the move like how you're supoosed to use it, to remove people's bending with a shift-click.
How it's used changes literally nothing. If it's being used, then someone is gonna get cleansed. It doesn't matter how it's used, it still makes no sense in any way.

xNuminousx

Then all you need to do is provide your suggestion and leave it at that. Leave it up to the creator himself to decide what happens. All of the dramatics you provided were unnecessary in trying to persuade anyone to change this. As said before:

Don't you guys think you're ove-reacting a bit much? You're making it sound like a lot that the connotation of a comment amounts to that of a troll insulting one's mom. That baby gif seems unnecessary in an obnoxious way. Better leave some actual words under it If you're including it.

All he did is question the decision for a design that has gone through creator's brainstorming hand. I don't think he was insulting the intelligence, merely critical thinking put in. At least from my perspective, I guess that phrasing can be understood into these two conflicting contexts. Although while I still don't agree he should criticize the one's work of an overpowered ability, he should have taken to whoever is in charge of installing where he plays - yes, but he didn't do bad as you guys gang up on him for.

I mean, you sometimes gotta write lots of rhetorical questions and ideas to make a point get across or at least have it be absorbed into people to stop them to think. Obviously, all of it comes down If the author takes it or not. Aside that point which doesn't have relation to the issue, his idea shouldn't shut down. Would you guys be silent If you wanted to speak how the ability could be improved or report bugs that ruin gameplay? Although you guys are developer, in hypothetical shoes what would you di If you weren't so how would you guys make tweaks yourself If not speaking out to the author?

This move was never meant to be very balanced nor fair.
Quite true. Speaking from the intent it has been disabled by default.
Aren't all abilities RP? I wouldn't call this specifically a RP ability, because it affects gameplay too (like all other abilities). Except, this arguably is op with bloodbending (i think we all can agree on that). I know that you probably talking from what you define RP.

Last edited:

PhanaticD

ever think maybe everyone reacted like that for a reason?

post constructive criticism or some whiny rant, he chose the latter option to show his points.. which is of course is not going to be taken seriously

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Obviously, you do care and take my opinion seriously. You read it and got triggered
I responded with a GIF of a baby crying. If you think that's somebody getting "triggered" then something is wrong with you.

özgün

I responded with a GIF of a baby crying. If you think that's somebody getting "triggered" then something is wrong with you.
Sobki will you update the cleanse? i loved it but there's some things about the mechanic system of the ability like if someone cleanses you and die, the person cleansed stucks in that way 'till relog and if someone cleanses you and rejoin quickly you become immune to being cleansed. I really liked your cleanse ability but i just need last one update thanks :)

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
I highly doubt there will be an update anytime soon from me, sorry. Though I could tag it as abandoned to let another developer it over.

Viosient

ever think maybe everyone reacted like that for a reason?

post constructive criticism or some whiny rant, he chose the latter option to show his points.. which is of course is not going to be taken seriously
Wouldn't you know. Made a chi suggestion, got banned for being toxic because at one point I asked for the config to be "fixed". Obviously it's a very specific type of opinion you want.

I get it now, that it wasn't what I said that was triggering. It was how I said it.
Welp, I spoke how I felt. If just how I said it was really triggering, then that's fine. We all get triggered. Since we all get triggered, I guess it'll be at the expense of the actual ability.

Imo, AirBlast is op. It allows air to fly, and flying is pretty broken for a single move of a single element. I can just, say that.
I can't just say that cleanse is op, obviously for a reason or two. But I guess only your reasons exist. You are the Sun, and I am just a planet after all. I float around you brug.
I said it the way I did because of my absolute inability to grasp the reason why this move is the way it is, and from countless bad experiences with this move. An then I get people calling me a whiner, as if my sentences being a rant had anything to do with any points I made. "Whining" makes people angry, and emotions top all reason and logic. Then you blame it on the people who use the move, and not the move's content itself. Even though no other move is used in such a way as this. Not even Phanatic's money-making spirit beam.

You saw through what I said and instead saw the way I said it, which has always helped everything. So I congratulate you.

Last edited: