• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Introducing: ProjectJelly

Are you Exited for this Plugin?

• Yes! I really want to get my hands on it.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No. You suck. Your abilities suck.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I honestly don't give a crap.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NickC1211

I messed up my comment there. I meant not that it is I easier, which could be quite opposite, but... well I don't know to what you actually agreed on. Not sure If you understood my point...
Probably not but for me since core has no intention on working on plantbending I'd rather make abilities adding to improve that sub ability

How will it replace it though? Like recreating them on your own (without steal code) and making your own alterations/tweaks/improvements ?
It will add abilities to each element, i'll try to make them balancing and not too op. I plan on adding something that each element needs badly. I also plan on redoing some of the Stock pk abilities and making them better and more useful.

It will add abilities to each element, i'll try to make them balancing and not too op. I plan on adding something that each element needs badly. I also plan on redoing some of the Stock pk abilities and making them better and more useful.
That sounds interesting. I might give my support If I happen to adore your concepts you have for these abiltities. Are you open to input feedback though? All in all, I give you good luck on that. I would join, but since I'm only starting out in the plugin development club, I can't really help you :/

xNuminousx

If only developers who are making things like this, custom ‘Spirits’, etc, would just actually spend time on actually helping us make and improve the plugin lol

Also PS. I missed voting but I have a fourth option that isn’t on there:
[x] I don’t think you should be wasting time making addon packs when you could be working on the actual plugin since we need more developers’ help. If not, there’s not going to be many people to enjoy the addons in the future.

https://trello.com/b/df60DRGP/projectkorra-core-development
Since you chose to specifically call out Spirits, I suppose I'll provide my feedback (let's be real, I would have anyways).

I took up spirits as a learning experience. I wanted to learn new things so I could help out. I currently have no idea how to fix any of the issues Pk is having and that's a problem. I've looked through your trello, github issues, and source. I've tried looking for stuff that I can fix and I even found an extremely small issue that I didn't see anyone taking note of, and fixed it. It's currently sitting as a pull request.

Not to even mention that addons like Spirits and ProjectJelly are actually hyping the community. Project Korra updates haven't exactly been common lately.

I don't think we're "wasting time" on addons or packs when we can:
1: Realease them when WE want.
2: Use our OWN ideas.
3: Improve our coding skills at our OWN pace.

I find your comments to be extremely unnecessary. Loony, you don't need more devs, you need the current ones who know what they're doing to pick up more tasks. Would you really rather a bunch of devs who don't know what they're doing to join the team? Who can't contribute anything? (Assuming some are like me).

I'm trying to learn. I'm picking things up to help me learn. Don't come up here and say I'm wasting my time and should rather be a PK dev so I can help out because honestly, I think I'm already helping.

Edit
Where's my disagree button when I need it?

Well, there's already recruiting applications for "wanted devs" in one of the forum annoucements and If somebody wanted to apply for the developer department, surely they are aware and would just simply ask directly in a private message or would fill out the form.

"Wasting time" is kind of a rough... ehh-- way of saying? Makes you sound like your speaking of their behalf even though they didn't ask (not that I know off, but just guessing since you gave this remark here instead privately).

Also how about tell us what help you need as you said "we need more developers’ help" whilst offering recruitment in a (person't unaffliated PK project announce) thread like a salesman?

xNuminousx

And you don't need to be a dev to help. You can always make pull requests from your own fork of the project.

Like I've said, I've looked through their issues to try and help but I haven't found one that I know how to fix. I found an issue that I could fix and I fixed it. I'm waiting on it to be approved.

If I can help, I will help. I don't need a rank to help. I don't need it to be official. You don't want me helping if I don't know what I'm doing and I'm working on learning more.

Can't believe you criticize us for our negativity then turn around and throw it right back at us.

And you don't need to be a dev to help. You can always make pull requests from your own fork of the project.
Depends on what help his looking for. A general or a one coding issue they can. That's why I'm suggesting on elaborating and explaining on what helping hand they in for recruitment search on? He could be asking for help that hint-ly translates to "we need more devs to increase productivity".

xNuminousx

Depends on what help his looking for. A general or a one coding issue they can. That's why I'm suggesting on elaborating and explaining on what helping hand they in for recruitment search on? He could be asking for help that envolves and translate to "we need more devs to increase producity".
There are issues and things to do on trello and GitHub. If you're looking for something to fix you can fix it on your fork of the project then make a pull request to the official one. That's how ANYONE who knows what they're doing can help. Not just devs

NickC1211

Because without them, the plugin without it would actually eventually lose replay value. No? I wouldn't call it surprise because of that.
He's right tbh without addons ppl would get bored of bending so easily. It might be a stretch to say that we are keeping this plugin alive during its stale period with our addons but are we not?

All feedback is welcome and encouraged.
We’re in different time zones lol and I just really dislike addon packs
Then don't download it. Rather then sitting on the forums trying to spread negativity here why don't you do your JOB on PK and help contribute to the project by developing things. Oh and not to mention design some concepts... Unless you are all out of ideas that is. What you are doing isnt feedback, you are just exclaiming why you don't like something you haven't even tried. It isn't even released. If you really want to be helpful WHY Don't you PM me with some details as to what i can do to make this project better.

Then don't download it. Rather then sitting on the forums trying to spread negativity here why don't you do your JOB on PK and help contribute to the project by developing things. Oh and not to mention design some concepts... Unless you are all out of ideas that is. What you are doing isnt feedback, you are just exclaiming why you don't like something you haven't even tried. It isn't even released. If you really want to be helpful WHY Don't you PM me with some details as to what i can do to make this project better.
This is a POST for feedback and constructive criticism. You of all people should know that this is no place for arguing loony. So put a sock in it.