• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Spirits

Spirits Beta 1.0.14

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
What's the exact issue this is not a plugin? If it was it'd allow others to make abilities as well (not sure if that's possible now, since there's no depend option for abilities)

I admire that somebody finally brough this thing to life. If you guys keep it up with this project, you would revolutionize bending even more. I'm thinking now that PK should have just release their remaining work with where they left of as addons after putting the PKSpirits on hold, but oh well ~ was happen just happen. Consider you staff taking this advice next time or at least just read into it.

While I love that starting a JedcoreAlike so to say idea, this kinda goes beyond the whole fictional universe into another one, no? Maybe I lack concern or attention to details what I seen from the show, but some just sound uncannyj (like making a shield via from light spirits, yet we haven't those spirits executing such or similar capability.

Other than that, it's great. Not really bending related, but I think it could do a job well from what PK had originally though of and planned with such unique concept (the side on spirituality). Today or other day I'll be look out for a server that has this pack installed to test and mess around with what it offers.

xNuminousx

What's the exact issue this is not a plugin? If it was it'd allow others to make abilities as well (not sure if that's possible now, since there's no depend option for abilities)
The issues and reasons why this is set up differently is because of some stuff in ProjectKorra, as I was told. For instance, sub-elements don't load properly so I had to make 3 different elements. And server reloads/restarts would break the plugin. I'm told this lies within the AbilityLoader and the way Sub-Elements and Passives are set up. (I originally had 2 passives made for Spirits but couldn't add them because ya know).

I like the layout of this page

P.S I really hope you created custom elements instead of just making them Avatar abilities
Yes, it creates its own elements. However, we were unable to use sub-elements like we wanted.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

I admire that somebody finally brough this thing to life. If you guys keep it up with this project, you would revolutionize bending even more. I'm thinking now that PK should have just release their remaining work with where they left of as addons after putting the PKSpirits on hold, but oh well ~ was happen just happen. Consider you staff taking this advice next time or at least just read into it.

While I love that starting a JedcoreAlike so to say idea, this kinda goes beyond the whole fictional universe into another one, no? Maybe I lack concern or attention to details what I seen from the show, but some just sound uncannyj (like making a shield via from light spirits, yet we haven't those spirits executing such or similar capability.

Other than that, it's great. Not really bending related, but I think it could do a job well from what PK had originally though of and planned with such unique concept (the side on spirituality). Today or other day I'll be look out for a server that has this pack installed to test and mess around with what it offers.
The original plan was to release it as an "ability pack" and then work out the kinks. Then we start adding onto it, making it more immersive.

And yes, you won't see the abilities listed under Light and Dark in the show, because light and dark spirits didn't really have abilities in the show. One of my main goals was to have the Spirit element be completely canon while DarkSpirit and LightSpirit had abilities stemming from their concept in the show. For example, light spirits were more helpful in the show rather than dealing damage; so they didn't get damage dealing abilities. Dark spirits were extremely aggressive so they got damage dealing abilities and no helpful ones.

If you have a better way of doing it I'd love to hear it <3

Last edited:

xNuminousx

OH and I remember why this isn't a plugin.

There was an issue with the CoreAbility class that Project Korra has (and that I'd need if this were a plugin). If this were a plugin, then this would ONLY work for ProjectKorra 1.8.3 and MC 1.11.2. The way it is now, it works fine for more recent versions if you use them. I talked to Omni about it.

Wanna share this idea to everybody that I pmed you.

So basically, Raava and Vaatu could be like the big daddies of spirits, which is like equilant avatar of elements. These spirits would automatically have boosted spirit power/abilities of what side (light or dark) they are embodyments, but to keep it balance - it will have a catch. For now, I haven't though of any.

These spirits will have a purpose of defeating their counterpart, i.e. each other. When one of them succesfully beats other's ass, that standing spirit gains ton of exp points (but half less than by doing so on an enderdragon (just to keep that vanilla boss relevant) and their respective moral gets to be spreaded (If a Raava defeats Vaatu, the light spirits gets a boost similar to how waterbenders/firebenders get one through moon/sun).

xNuminousx

Num. No words.. This is amazing. The Whole Plugin... It's amazing! Keep up your really good work!
Thank you very much for your kind words! Much appreciated. I was actually expecting people to not like it tbh since it was so basic in the beginning.

xNuminousx

@Kess, yes the addition of DarkAvatar and the Energy SubElement are still in the project. I forgot to remove them when I was reverting the project. As for the other issues, I will need you to elaborate a bit more.

Edit
The DarkAvatar and Energy elements have been removed and merged to our "update" branch. When the project is ready for an update, these changes will take effect.

Last edited:
MeskenasBoii said:
Wanna share this idea to everybody that I pmed you.

So basically, Raava and Vaatu could be like the big daddies of spirits, which is like equilant avatar of elements. These spirits would automatically have boosted spirit power/abilities of what side (light or dark) they are embodyments, but to keep it balance - it will have a catch. For now, I haven't though of any.

These spirits will have a purpose of defeating their counterpart, i.e. each other. When one of them succesfully beats other's ass, that standing spirit gains ton of exp points (but half less than by doing so on an enderdragon (just to keep that vanilla boss relevant) and their respective moral gets to be spreaded (If a Raava defeats Vaatu, the light spirits gets a boost similar to how waterbenders/firebenders get one through moon/sun).
To add, the boost would be indefinetily long until the losed spirit takes a win (I heard Raava and Vaatu had to like to brawl FOREVER literally, or how that legend has it). Though not to worry, these boosts wouldn't make certain agenda spirits overpowered (no damage output increase), but they will have a small edge but still be balance in a way so it makes fair fights with counterparting spirits and average benders.

xNuminousx

To add, the boost would be indefinetily long until the losed spirit takes a win
To be more cannon, the boost should lessen over time after a new spirit emerges. Like originally when Vaatu was served by Wan, he didn't just immediately turn everything bad, he slowly started turning the things around him bad the longer that they were severed.