• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Spirits

Spirits Beta 1.0.14

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Is strike supposed to hurt the player that you hit it with? For some reason, it's not working on the players, but it'll work on the mobs.
Also possess doesn't seem to dealing damage after you possess them for a while.
Strike should damage the target and not the player, I'll look into it.

And what do you mean Possess doesn't apply damage after you possess them for a while? Did they hold shift for the whole duration?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Is strike supposed to hurt the player that you hit it with? For some reason, it's not working on the players, but it'll work on the mobs.
Also possess doesn't seem to dealing damage after you possess them for a while.
So I checked them out and I do believe I was able to fix your issue with Strike. However, I was unable to recreate your Possess issue so if you could give me some more detail that'd be awesome.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So I checked them out and I do believe I was able to fix your issue with Strike. However, I was unable to recreate your Possess issue so if you could give me some more detail that'd be awesome.
So let's say that the max duration for possess is... 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds is over, I'll stop possessing the person, and it just won't do any damage. I think it did damage once but it never occurred again... I'll try again, but that's the scenario I'm talking about.

Also, are you going to update Spirits with the fix soon?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
So let's say that the max duration for possess is... 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds is over, I'll stop possessing the person, and it just won't do any damage. I think it did damage once but it never occurred again... I'll try again, but that's the scenario I'm talking about.

Also, are you going to update Spirits with the fix soon?
I need to finish working on the combo moves then I'll post a release with the fixes.

I'll try changing the duration in config to see if that's it, but other than that Possess worked perfectly fine on my end. I was able to possess the same entity multiple times without error and even different entities. Could you tell me what duration you have? If it's not default I could try setting it to yours.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Spirits should have a general ability that let's them phase through blocks.
Hold sneak for half a second and you go through said wall?
Or maybe have a spirit form that spirits can enter where they go invisible, have the glowing effect, don't loose hunger, but have reduced dmg. They would be in essentially gamemode spectator for this where they can go through blocks.
Also perhaps you can create an ability for Dark Spirits that'd allow them to slam down with something like a tentacle. Or just have a mulitability where spirits can create different objects with their bodies that they can attack and do other stuff with.
All of these are ideas that I think would make this even better.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Spirits should have a general ability that let's them phase through blocks.
Funny because this is in my notes. It's not on trello because I hadn't created Trello when I was writting it down but it was something I wanted to accomplish.

spirit form
This sounds very interesting IMO

Also perhaps you can create an ability for Dark Spirits that'd allow them to slam down with something like a tentacle.
Also interesting. I'd love to hear an in depth concept about this.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If add this .jar to your server and it says there are not spirit abilities, just reload and they'll appear and you won't have to worry about it again. Not sure what causes this.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
What's the exact issue this is not a plugin? If it was it'd allow others to make abilities as well (not sure if that's possible now, since there's no depend option for abilities)
I just tested this and you can make your own abilities for Spirits! If you know how to make abilities, simply add Spirits.jar as one of your build paths and the API is open to you! You can use the methods I've created for a Spirit description, Spirit particles, etc and you can make it a Spirit ability, DarkSpirit ability, or LightSpirit ability (or even combos if you're feeling frisky).

You just have to have Spirits installed onto your server as well as your projects build path.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Also I'm not sure if this is just a bug for me (I can't remember if you responded), but possess only does damage to animals after I possess them, not players.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Also I'm not sure if this is just a bug for me (I can't remember if you responded), but possess only does damage to animals after I possess them, not players.
I think I have a fix to this but I cannot test it myself as my testing server is localhost. Do you have means for me to test my fix?

Now the combo can only be used on spirits
I believe I've fixed this as well but again, if @SuperBower118 has a way for me to test this on players I'll need to do that there.

ChronoKeeper

Verified Member
One of the coolest ability pack on the forums, especially those particle effects for Alleviate, keep up the good work!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Is anyone else using this addon experiencing Strike and Possess not dealing damage? I can't seem to recreate the issue. If so, what are you MC, PK and Spirits versions?

I think it may be an issue involved with MC 1.10 but I'm not sure. That's the only difference between what I've tested and what me source tested.