• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Metal] MetalCable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
To me, an ability that only functions with an ability seems weird to me. I would understand if it had too many mechanics which would make the controls of it too complicated, than I would prefer upon right click with that item in any slot causes to launch MultiAbilityAPI system. Although, your ability doesn't seem to be to much over compiled with lots of features, I don't see a point in even making an ability for it, because all the three features could be done with just that item and nothing else.

For example, I personally think that Grapple and Grab should be activated with right click while holding that item in hand. Cable will be shot out. If it gets tether to a drop item or creature, the grab event will than function. If it touches a block - grapple comes into play. Change your hand to pull the cable back.
For whipping, Left Click would serve it.

Last edited:

IceEyes

Verified Member
To me, an ability that only functions with an ability seems weird to me. I would understand if it had too many mechanics which would make the controls of it too complicated, than I would prefer upon right click with that item in any slot causes to launch MultiAbilityAPI system. Although, your ability doesn't seem to be to much over compiled with lots of features, I don't see a point in even making an ability for it, because all the three features could be done with just that item and nothing else.

For example, I personally think that Grapple and Grab should be activated with right click while holding that item in hand. Cable will be shot out. If it gets tether to a drop item or creature, the grab event will than function. If it touches a block - grapple comes into play. Change your hand to pull the cable back.
For whipping, Left Click would serve it.
Look, this isn't the section for ProjectKorra Items. This place is for suggestions for a move, not for an Item. What you've said could all be done with an item. I know you could make it an Item, but I like it more as an ability itself. So people could add the item, which a person needs to have in their inventory to use the ability, in the config. (Also, the servers I play on don't even have the Items plugin on)
If I'd want it to be an Item I would have made a suggestion at the Items forum. But I posted it here.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I just wanted to voice my dislike on being an ability. Since we had an item called Grappling Hooks, which I don't need to explain what it did as it is obvious, it worked only has a standalone gear - without the need of any ability except to have the permissions to chi block or metalbend. They had promised that they will re-introduced it to the Items plugin, so I really doubt that they have any plans on making exclusive ability for this tool to function properly.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I just wanted to voice my dislike on being an ability. Since we had an item called Grappling Hooks, which I don't need to explain what it did as it is obvious, it worked only has a standalone gear - without the need of any ability except to have the permissions to chi block or metalbend. They had promised that they will re-introduced it to the Items plugin, so I really doubt that they have any plans on making exclusive ability for this tool to function properly.
Until now I haven't really seen a server with the ProjectKorra Items plugin (or atleast I didn't notice it).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I know right. I only find a few servers that have them. Probably needs improvements. What do you think the reasons behind that only a few have this plugin installed?

IceEyes

Verified Member
I know right. I only find a few servers that have them. Probably needs improvements. What do you think the reasons behind that only a few have this plugin installed?
I personally think that there is no big need for an Items plugin. Most things can be made with abilities (which is for what the plugin became popular).

IceEyes

Verified Member
@all added some small scetches to show how it roughly could look like.
Tell me what you think about it.

Edit: I also added a bit more information to the whip part.

Last edited:

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
This is a good idea, and it would definitely bring an aspect to metalbending that hasn't been seen before in ProjectKorra.

Status
Not open for further replies.