• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Metal] MetalCable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also again as I have already stated in the main post, metalwires have been a huuuge thing for metalbenders, they did everything with them. So there is a need to it, if pk's aim is to bring TLA and LOK to minecraft.
To me, all those wires could do was those three functions ,that you have described.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
That would be awesome, but i don't really see a big differnece in grapple and that :I. Maybe you got other ideas? :D
know when the chiblockers invaded airtemple island on korra? its like what the ship did to allow all the chiblockers to invade air temple island basically its a stationary grapple line that allows more than 1 person to grapple and slide down it

IceEyes

Verified Member
know when the chiblockers invaded airtemple island on korra? its like what the ship did to allow all the chiblockers to invade air temple island basically its a stationary grapple line that allows more than 1 person to grapple and slide down it
Oh so like all metalbenders could use if?

IceEyes

Verified Member
Well I thought about it again and I have to say that i don't see a big difference between this and the hook/grapple function... So I think I won't add it to the main post, but I've concept designers think it'll be a good idea they can still add it. :D

IceEyes

Verified Member
MetalClan used the belt version, so why not give a player to choose one of those variations for their likable stylish look they choose?

Here's the crafting recipe for the belt: http://projectkorra.com/threads/some-random-stuff-items.638/

chestplate: http://projectkorra.com/threads/metal-bending-improvements-ideas.1575/page-2#post-17831
Or just either wear a normal chestplate or leggins? If people still want a special item there could be a config option to which you can choose what kind of item is needed to use this move.
Otherwise i think this special crafting recipe makes things complicater than they have to be.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Or just either wear a normal chestplate or leggins? If people still want a special item there could be a config option to which you can choose what kind of item is needed to use this move
It's illogical to me. Any armor would just simply have a metal rope that happen to be out of random. That's why we had grabbling hooks back than in the plugin and not any random fishing rods with the capability to propel themselves or chi blockers forward where the wired attached to.

IceEyes

Verified Member
It's illogical to me. Any armor would just simply have a metal rope that happen to be out of random. That's why we had grabbling hooks back than in the plugin and not any random fishing rods with the capability to propel themselves or chi blockers forward where the wired attached to.
Like I said, it can be both, depending on what the server owner wants. And what grappling hooks? Sadly I've never seen any :(.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It was an item named like that, with the id of a fishing rod. It allowed metalbenders and chi blockers to swing around the places like how in TLOK. It was removed from the core plugin, with a claim that they will add it as a addition for the Item plugin. I don't know myself when that's gonna happen.

More information about it on the outdated wiki: http://projectkorra.wikia.com/wiki/Grappling_Hooks

IceEyes

Verified Member
It was an item named like that, with the id of a fishing rod. It allowed metalbenders and chi blockers to swing around the places like how in TLOK. It was removed from the core plugin, with a claim that they will add it as a addition for the Item plugin. I don't know myself when that's gonna happen.

More information about it on the outdated wiki: http://projectkorra.wikia.com/wiki/Grappling_Hooks
But could you actually "swing" with it or was it like jed's MetalHook?

Status
Not open for further replies.