• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Metal] MetalCable

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukezOG

Um or instead we can have iron block in inventory, so chestplate has no protection over players, i dont think wearing chestplate would be fair in arena.

Um or instead we can have iron block in inventory, so chestplate has no protection over players, i dont think wearing chestplate would be fair in arena.
Yeah, but that would just make it un-logical. It should be a custom metalbending police force type of chestplate (and other gear) stuff exclussivelly instead of just any regular armor.

LukezOG

Yep, but metal clan of Zaofu used it without that chestplate :I, and only problem i see with this is to long cooldown

New Yep, but metal clan of Zaofu used it without that chestplate :I
Neither did they magically manifested the metal cable in thin air and I believe they use type of special uniform and not just regular chestplate for these type of tools to operate during sparrs :p

IceEyes

I don't know but i have the feeling like the whip thing confused people. So i wanted to state again what i was trying to say.
So the cable will follow your cursor just like torrent. And to make it look like a whip, the cable will already be kinda shapped like it. It would have already some waves in it. The cable wouldn't be a straight line.

BryanPlays

Is this still being looked into? This is a great idea for a move and it would make metalbenders have more things to use as mobility and offense.

IceEyes

Is this still being looked into? This is a great idea for a move and it would make metalbenders have more things to use as mobility and offense.
Only problem i see with this is the coding :I. Since it will take alot of time as far as i am concerned.. But I still hope that they'll find the time to give metalbenders this move. Or maybe someone will make it as a costum ability, who knows :D?

Only problem i see with this is the coding :I. Since it will take alot of time as far as i am concerned.. But I still hope that they'll find the time to give metalbenders this move. Or maybe someone will make it as a costum ability, who knows :D?
Okay, but if i understand it correctly, is metalcable a sort of waterarms.
if they can make waterarms, than i think i should be a little bit easier to make this because they allready something like it?

xD Cel Dx

think grappleline would also be nice (target two areas and a grappling line apears jump and hold shift to grab and slide)

You'd have to wear a iron chestplate.
You'd have to wear a iron chestplate.
I don't think any regular iron chestplate would be able to form this type of wire. Especally by the amount of it. There could be a custom item chestplate instead for this feature.

Honesly, I don't really see the need of this "ability/item" or whatever to have a multiabilityAPI function. Grapple and the last one can be one ability without conflicting, while the whip part can be activated with right click while holding leash in this binded slot or clicking the ground if the user is equipped with a special chestplate.

IceEyes

I don't think any regular iron chestplate would be able to form this type of wire. Especally by the amount of it. There could be a custom item chestplate instead for this feature.

Honesly, I don't really see the need of this "ability/item" or whatever to have a multiabilityAPI function. Grapple and the last one can be one ability without conflicting, while the whip part can be activated with right click while holding leash in this binded slot or clicking the ground if the user is equipped with a special chestplate.
There still isn't project korra items (i think?). Also again as I have already stated in the main post, metalwires have been a huuuge thing for metalbenders, they did everything with them. So there is a need to it, if pk's aim is to bring TLA and LOK to minecraft.

IceEyes

think grappleline would also be nice (target two areas and a grappling line apears jump and hold shift to grab and slide)
That would be awesome, but i don't really see a big differnece in grapple and that :I. Maybe you got other ideas? :D

IceEyes

Okay, but if i understand it correctly, is metalcable a sort of waterarms.
if they can make waterarms, than i think i should be a little bit easier to make this because they allready something like it?
KInda true, but its not the same :I. It should look more whip like. So the whip part would probably cause some problems. But idk i am not a coder :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.