• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Metal] MetalCable

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

MetalCable
This Suggestion is about the MetalCables the metalbenders in the series used ALOT. But here its not that usefull, and not used that much. I hope all of this suggestion is possible to code.
The cables would be inform of the minecraft leash. The length of the leash will be editable with left clicking (will extend the cable by one block) and shifting (will pull the whip back by one block). If you left click the first time the cable will go out from you an has the length of 4 blocks. Every further clicking will make the cable longer till to a max of 10 blocks (editable).
This move has three (later maybe more) modes.

• upload_2016-4-20_22-53-37.png
  • Grapple
  • Whip
  • Grab
1. Grapple
When on the slot of Grapple,shoot the cable to the block you look at (to how far you can grapple on something would be editable in the config.) with the left clicking. Aslong as you shift it will pull you towards it. To Pull back the cable to you, you would have to click two times.

upload_2016-4-20_22-55-45.png

2. Whip
When on the slot of Whip, you would click and the cable will move out to 4 blocks. Every time you click again it will extend one more block. The cable will follow your curser. It's a bit similar to airsweep. When the cable hits something it will deal it 1.5 Hearts. Shift to pull back the cable. (Maybe if it hits the ground an Animation starts like in the second picture downbelow.)
upload_2016-4-20_22-57-37.png

3. Grab
When on the slot of Grab, you would click and the cable moves out to 4 blocks. Every time you click again it will extend one more block. The cable will follow your curser. When you hit something with the cable, you would grab it. Now you can move your cursor in a whip motion against something like a wall or a tree, and the target you grabed will lose 2 Hearts. After smashing them into something, you will drop the target. Shift to pull back the cable.

upload_2016-4-20_22-58-38.png

I hope you like it. If there is something not possible, tell me so i can edit it. If any questions please ask.​

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
The thing is that I don't know what sorcery would be required to make it like an actual whip. (Not actual sorcery, I'm just unsure if it's possible to make a whip thing like it was in the show.)

IceEyes

The thing is that I don't know what sorcery would be required to make it like an actual whip. (Not actual sorcery, I'm just unsure if it's possible to make a whip thing like it was in the show.)
I know what you mean, and i understand that we can never get Avatar into minecraft like it is in the show. But I thought that the leash would look better than the particle thing which Jed made. And who knows? Maybe it is possible to make it look whip like. And even if it is not possible to make it look like in the show, we can atleast try to make it as accurate as possible to the show through trying out. Not everything has to work on first try.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I know what you mean, and i understand that we can never get Avatar into minecraft like it is in the show. But I thought that the leash would look better than the particle thing which Jed made. And who knows? Maybe it is possible to make it look whip like. And even if it is not possible to make it look like in the show, we can atleast try to make it as accurate as possible to the show through trying out. Not everything has to work on first try.
A whip just looks like it has some sort of math like rhythim in it's movements (and Im sure it has) just gotta out what it is xD

IceEyes

A whip just looks like it has some sort of math like rhythim in it's movements (and Im sure it has) just gotta out what it is xD
So it would be possible but just very hard to code? If so, we do not need things from today till tomorrow :D. Things take their time, and who knows? Maybe the product is worth the effort and time :).

IceEyes

I'd like to ask the community some stuff:
1. This Question is the most important one. Is my suggestion even possible to code? If not, please tell me what isn't possible to code so i can rethink this concept.
2. How much would you rate this concept from a scale from 1-5 when 1 is the worst and 5 the best?
3. If you have any ideas for more modes for this move, please tell me and i'll think about adding them to the main post.

IceEyes

I am not sure, but I think i found some kind of solution maybe?
We all know torrent. Torrent is following your courser too, and you can make a whip motion too, if you move your cursor correctly. And why is that so?
Cause every block goes through the movement. Its sort of an echo. Now the whip isn't as free as torrent of course, cause its fixed to you. But as I wrote in the main post, the tip of the cable (like with torrent) follows your movement you do with the cursor. And everything behind that tip will move the same, just at a different moment, and thats what makes a whip look like a whip. Again, like an echo. The idea is the same, just that the whip is attached to your player. Now the only problem that could be is, that the devs aren't able to code that.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I am not sure, but I think i found some kind of solution maybe?
We all know torrent. Torrent is following your courser too, and you can make a whip motion too, if you move your cursor correctly. And why is that so?
Cause every block goes through the movement. Its sort of an echo. Now the whip isn't as free as torrent of course, cause its fixed to you. But as I wrote in the main post, the tip of the cable (like with torrent) follows your movement you do with the cursor. And everything behind that tip will move the same, just at a different moment, and thats what makes a whip look like a whip. Again, like an echo. The idea is the same, just that the whip is attached to your player. Now the only problem that could be is, that the devs aren't able to code that.
The problem I encountered was the origin of the whip moving.

The question from me is; do you want the whip to be particles or blocks? In the movement of whips typically go wavy but then slash at a moments notice. It's kinda like a wave crashing into the shore, more-so a tsunami. Anyways, it really depends on how you want it to perform because this is relatively not hard if you want Metal Cables to function like water arms. If you want to add the animation of the whip and the movement of the particles/blocks, that's where complications occur. Although, don't give me too much credibility, I'm still a newbie coder who's only coded one basic plugin (/heal'ing).

IceEyes

The question from me is; do you want the whip to be particles or blocks? In the movement of whips typically go wavy but then slash at a moments notice. It's kinda like a wave crashing into the shore, more-so a tsunami. Anyways, it really depends on how you want it to perform because this is relatively not hard if you want Metal Cables to function like water arms. If you want to add the animation of the whip and the movement of the particles/blocks, that's where complications occur. Although, don't give me too much credibility, I'm still a newbie coder who's only coded one basic plugin (/heal'ing).
I guess it should kinda look like a whip but only if you do the motion yourself with the cursor, like i tried to explain with torrent. But it would be a leash. And thats like what i think could be problematic, because i don't know how far you can go with a leash.

Sorin

I'd like to ask the community some stuff:
1. This Question is the most important one. Is my suggestion even possible to code? If not, please tell me what isn't possible to code so i can rethink this concept.
2. How much would you rate this concept from a scale from 1-5 when 1 is the worst and 5 the best?
3. If you have any ideas for more modes for this move, please tell me and i'll think about adding them to the main post.
This definitely is possible, just the math required would be crazy xD

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
The source-moving part is definitely the maijn problem I encountered. Making the whip move like a wave isn't that hard at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.