• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Let's Discuss: Sub-Elements

ashe36

Verified Member
What I mean with the bloodbending and lightning is that they shouldn't be sub-elements only because they have been in the plugin for so long it would be awkward to change it now
This is a completely different plugin though, Hartford.

Hartford15

Verified Member
This is true and I am realizing that if bloodbending is one it probably wouldnt be over chosen because of it being only at night or full moon.

ashe36

Verified Member
This is true and I am realizing that if bloodbending is one it probably wouldnt be over chosen because of it being only at night or full moon.
We're definitely working on the full moon affects, but that's all I can say in detail for blood bending right now.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Our plugin is pretty much entirely configurable. There's little to nothing you can't already configure or that isn't planned to be configurable at a later date!

X_Eco

Verified Member
I think a player could choose a main element and one sub element.Joeri suggested a lot.(I'm new is this a whole new plugin base on the original one?)

I think water benders should be able to bend water from more than one water source.(might be op I think)
Also what I don't understand is the ice you make you can't bend.You see katara sliding around on ice then changing it back to water.I think once a water bender uses a skill that didn't freeze they can still use it again without choosing another source block.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
I'd just like to throw this out there. When it comes to lavabending, I've always thought of it as a combination of earth and fire, and that both may be able to bend it, but in different ways. I think of it as being very similar to mud, and how both water and earthbenders could bend it.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As per the show, before this season of LoK, Lavabending was thought to be an Avatar-only ability as it seemed to require both fire and earthbending in tandem, but Ghazan has been shown to use it as an earthbender, as per him being a "special bender". This is of course like the special powers of Tarrlok, Yakone, Amon, Combustion Man, and the other members of the Red Lotus

Bolin

Hello, I have some suggestions for your amazing mod :)

I have mainly ones for earth, but I have a couple ideas in each element. Some are similar to existing skills with some differences.

+++Earth Bending Suggestions+++

++[Seismic Sense]
Tremor Sense/Second Sight ((Gives Night Vision as long as touching grass/dirt/sand/stone/metal; Cannot be blinded.))
Locate ((enter username, gives coords of target))
Ore Sense ((senses when diamond is within 20x20 block around you))
Enemy Alert[Passive]((When A Mob comes within a certain radius of you, you get notified via chat.))

++[Sand Bending]
Sand Suffocate ((drops a few blocks of sand on target for a short period of time))
Sand Speeder [Passive] ((can run and jump 2x on sand. Takes no damage from falls on sand.))
Sand Blind ((Blinds everyone within a 20 block radius for 4 seconds.)) [this skill can be used to flee
opponents.]
Sand Cannon: ((shoots cluster of sand blocks to deal damage))

++[Lava bending]
Lava Create ((selected block becomes lava for a couple seconds))
Lava Immunity[passive]((lava becomes obsidian as you walk on it but turns into lava again after.))
Lava cool((Lava in area becomes obsidian))
Lava Throwing Star ((Particle effect, does damage to all nearby enemies.))
Smelt (May Smelt Iron and Gold))

++[Metal Bending]
Metal Grapple: ((Shoots a metal cord(fishing rod), Pulls target (player or mob) closer. Must be wearing full set iron armor for this to take effect.))
Metal Grip: ((Opponent cannot walk for x amount of time, can still attack. Must be wearing full set of iron for this to take effect.))
Metal Detect: ((Locates nearest iron/gold ore with coordinates))
Bendable Armor: [Passive] ((wearing a full set iron armor adds 6 hearts and armor durability))
Mine[Passive] ((Can instamine iron and gold barehanded.))

+++Water Bending Suggestions+++
++[Chi Control]
Water's Gift: [passive] ((While in water, regenerate additional health.))
Heal ((Shift, target is healed x amount))
Calm ((Aggressive mobs in area become nonaggressive temporarily)) [This is based off of Unaloq's ability to control spirits, as is the next skill.]
Anger((Shift, Mobs attack target))

++[Ice]
Slow: ((Target cannot sprint and has reduced speed for 20 seconds.))
Freeze! ((Target cannot move or attack for 3 seconds.))
Weaken: ((Freeze your opponents armor, it is easier to break. Effect: Armor is less effective))
Snowshot((shoots snowballs to push opponent back.))

++[Poison Bender]
Poison((Deals damage over time, splash potion)
Remove Poison((Removes Poison effect, also Blindness))
Blind((Target is blinded for x amount of seconds))

+++Air Bending Suggestions+++
(I can't think of sub skill categories like I did for the other elements sry)​
Untether: (( May fly for 30 seconds. Must no armor and nothing in inventory to activate[get it? lose earthly attachments? haha :3]

Air Jump: (( basically catapult, must be used in air))

Peaceful [passive] ((Mobs will not act aggressive towards you as long as you are not holding a weapon.))

Suffocate:
disclaimer: this is actually Coolade's idea: ((Press and hold sneak while aiming at an enemy to begin bending the air out of their lungs.As the enemy's life force begins to fade, they will be dealt damage over time, slow, and fading blindness. If you are damaged or stop aiming at the enemy the suffocation will stop.))

Glider: ((Use a glider to um, glide.))
+++Fire Bending Suggestions+++
Glow: (( Glow stone appears under foot.))

Melt: ((Smelt ore))

Smokescreen: ((Blinds target for x amount of time))

Burn:((Target is damaged as long as you select them, stops once interrupted.)

Electrocute: ((Quick shock that deals damage, extra if target is in water))

Hopefully some of this made sense, Thank you for making such a cool mod!

Bolin, Avatar fanatic.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
As per the show, before this season of LoK, Lavabending was thought to be an Avatar-only ability as it seemed to require both fire and earthbending in tandem, but Ghazan has been shown to use it as an earthbender, as per him being a "special bender". This is of course like the special powers of Tarrlok, Yakone, Amon, Combustion Man, and the other members of the Red Lotus
Dont forget P'li ;D

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
Hello, I have some suggestions for your amazing mod :)

I have mainly ones for earth, but I have a couple ideas in each element. Some are similar to existing skills with some differences.

+++Earth Bending Suggestions+++

++[Seismic Sense]
Tremor Sense/Second Sight ((Gives Night Vision as long as touching grass/dirt/sand/stone/metal; Cannot be blinded.))
Locate ((enter username, gives coords of target))
Ore Sense ((senses when diamond is within 20x20 block around you))
Enemy Alert[Passive]((When A Mob comes within a certain radius of you, you get notified via chat.))

++[Sand Bending]
Sand Suffocate ((drops a few blocks of sand on target for a short period of time))
Sand Speeder [Passive] ((can run and jump 2x on sand. Takes no damage from falls on sand.))
Sand Blind ((Blinds everyone within a 20 block radius for 4 seconds.)) [this skill can be used to flee
opponents.]
Sand Cannon: ((shoots cluster of sand blocks to deal damage))

++[Lava bending]
Lava Create ((selected block becomes lava for a couple seconds))
Lava Immunity[passive]((lava becomes obsidian as you walk on it but turns into lava again after.))
Lava cool((Lava in area becomes obsidian))
Lava Throwing Star ((Particle effect, does damage to all nearby enemies.))
Smelt (May Smelt Iron and Gold))

++[Metal Bending]
Metal Grapple: ((Shoots a metal cord(fishing rod), Pulls target (player or mob) closer. Must be wearing full set iron armor for this to take effect.))
Metal Grip: ((Opponent cannot walk for x amount of time, can still attack. Must be wearing full set of iron for this to take effect.))
Metal Detect: ((Locates nearest iron/gold ore with coordinates))
Bendable Armor: [Passive] ((wearing a full set iron armor adds 6 hearts and armor durability))
Mine[Passive] ((Can instamine iron and gold barehanded.))

+++Water Bending Suggestions+++
++[Chi Control]
Water's Gift: [passive] ((While in water, regenerate additional health.))
Heal ((Shift, target is healed x amount))
Calm ((Aggressive mobs in area become nonaggressive temporarily)) [This is based off of Unaloq's ability to control spirits, as is the next skill.]
Anger((Shift, Mobs attack target))

++[Ice]
Slow: ((Target cannot sprint and has reduced speed for 20 seconds.))
Freeze! ((Target cannot move or attack for 3 seconds.))
Weaken: ((Freeze your opponents armor, it is easier to break. Effect: Armor is less effective))
Snowshot((shoots snowballs to push opponent back.))

++[Poison Bender]
Poison((Deals damage over time, splash potion)
Remove Poison((Removes Poison effect, also Blindness))
Blind((Target is blinded for x amount of seconds))

+++Air Bending Suggestions+++
(I can't think of sub skill categories like I did for the other elements sry)​
Untether: (( May fly for 30 seconds. Must no armor and nothing in inventory to activate[get it? lose earthly attachments? haha :3]

Air Jump: (( basically catapult, must be used in air))

Peaceful [passive] ((Mobs will not act aggressive towards you as long as you are not holding a weapon.))
Suffocate: disclaimer: this is actually Coolade's idea: ((Press and hold sneak while aiming at an enemy to begin bending the air out of their lungs.As the enemy's life force begins to fade, they will be dealt damage over time, slow, and fading blindness. If you are damaged or stop aiming at the enemy the suffocation will stop.))

Glider: ((Use a glider to um, glide.))
+++Fire Bending Suggestions+++
Glow: (( Glow stone appears under foot.))

Melt: ((Smelt ore))

Smokescreen: ((Blinds target for x amount of time))

Burn:((Target is damaged as long as you select them, stops once interrupted.)

Electrocute: ((Quick shock that deals damage, extra if target is in water))

Hopefully some of this made sense, Thank you for making such a cool mod!

Bolin, Avatar fanatic.
Suffocate already exists :) smokescreen also exists for chi. Wonderful ideas tho.

janny1330

I don't think you should nerf Avatar State because in the show it was the most powerful thing in existence so you should actually make it MORE OP and in the show Avatar State never had a cooldown so plz :D

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes it did, the Avatar was physically exhausted after entering the Avatar State if they didn't master it.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
want a good soundbending idea that we see in the show?

BeastScream
airbenders can increase his scream sound in the show, this ability should work like this
hold sneak(default shift) when a smoke appear, release it, a enderdragon scream sound will play, following by
a big stream of air with spiral form, then all the players around will get nausea and slowness effect for 4 seconds.
It affect an area of 15 blocks.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Hello all, so I've seen a lot of discussion threads across various server forums asking for suggestions, which is great to hear. One of the most suggested features for both ProjectKorra and orion's version of Bending is the addition of sub-elements. I'm interested in adding sub elements to each element, however, I'm at a bit of a road block with how to do so. This is what this thread is for, it is for us all to come together and discuss how we would like the sub elements to work and what they should look like. Eventually, when the sub elements begin to be developed, this thread will come into play.

What are sub elements?
Three elements have known sub elements. Waterbending has Bloodbending, Plantbending, and Healing. Earthbending has Metalbending and Sandbending. Firebending has Lightning bending and redirection. These are in the show, and a few of them have already been implemented but may be improved upon.

How should they be implemented?
A few sub elements already exist in the plugin, things like Bloodbending, Plantbending, and Lightning. These are all currently granted with a permission node (bending.ability.lightning, etc). I will probably keep the sub elements this way.

Now to discuss the various sub elements:

Waterbending:
  • Bloodbending
    • Bloodbending is already in the plugin, however, many view it to be too overpowered to be usable. I'm interested in hearing what some people may suggest to balance this out.
    • Other features that are in the show, but aren't included in the plugin is the possibility to sever someone's chi, thus blocking their Bending for a longer time.
  • Healing
    • Healing is also in the game, however, the feature isn't too extensive. I'm interested in hearing how people may like this to be improved.
    • In the show, the Healing properties in Waterbending are shown to not only heal others, but also calm and disrupt spirits. (Think Unalaq and Korra)
Earthbending:
  • Metalbending
    • Metalbending is probably the most suggested feature. It could be as easy as adding metalbendable blocks to the config as it exists, however, that may be a bit underpowered. I'm very much so interested in adding a balanced metalbending that truly captures what metalbending is. Possible ideas may include small damage buffs when an Earthbender bends Metal instead of regular Earth. (Similar to the water / fire day/night buffs.)
  • Sandbending
    • Sand is already bendable, I'm not sure what else could be done here.
Firebending:
  • Lightning
    • Lightning already exists in the plugin and is pretty balanced as is. Although, redirection is shaky at best. Ideas for improvement will be much appreciated here.
  • Combustion
    • Not really a known sub element, but people have suggested it. (Think Sparky Sparky Boom Man), who could create explosions.
Airbending:
  • There are no known sub elements to Airbending, however, I feel we may see one in this book (3) of Legend of Korra.
Mist! It's time for to edit your post ;)