• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Jings

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Lets look at the facts. One of the people on this thread straight up spammed a thread with random personal opinion simply because he knew the other person did not share the same opinion. And he has never supported a single thread, at least that I have ever seen, yet he has gone against figuratively all the threads I have ever made. -1. Another I have simply never seen supporting any of the most likely 20 threads of mine he has posted on. Personal bias aside, that guy seems like he is biased against me. - 1. And on the last guy, we have someone arguing what a jing is, something that is literally translated to power is apparently just strategy. You seem to consistently think that a change like this is a suggestion for the core plugin and made to be default on. That is either a biased standpoint or a idiotic argument, and he has ye to suggest or take a single compromise.
I don't oppose every single thread.. I oppose the threads that I have good reason to.. I state points that are valid as to why the addition shouldn't be made, that of which isn't an attack and I'm not just spamming my personal opinion, I'm explaining my side that of which you respond to. Nobody is attacking you, they are simply telling you what they think about your idea and explain their points... You're the one who becomes rash..

owlcool

Verified Member
I don't oppose every single thread.. I oppose the threads that I have good reason to.. I state points that are valid as to why the addition shouldn't be made, that of which isn't an attack and I'm not just spamming my personal opinion, I'm explaining my side that of which you respond to. Nobody is attacking you, they are simply telling you what they think about your idea and explain their points... You're the one who becomes rash..
So, saying the same exact thing that you have as a personal opinion of yourself and know that the other person shares it in a completely unrelated thread is polite. Tell me more about how you are infinitely innocent. And I am talking about another thread. You know which one.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
So, saying the same exact thing that you have as a personal opinion of yourself and know that the other person shares it in a completely unrelated thread is polite. Tell me more about how you are infinitely innocent. And I am talking about another thread. You know which one.
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, because in that 'other thread' you had thrown your idea into someone else's suggestion...
That was also EXTREMELY long ago..

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
In the real world, everybody has their own jing/jings. Mine is neutral, and that's why I chose Water. My sister's jing is mostly offensive, so she is a Firebender. But through this times, we tend to change. She had a time when she was more pacifist, it is related to her personality face to some facts or feelings. I am going to give a canon example. Avatar Korra inittially was centred in the attack form of the Elements. That's why she wasn't able to bend Air, she was focused on the agressive jings. Some time passed and Korra grew. She left the violence to solve problems and adopted a new form of pacifism, we can see that from the time she was missing. That was when she understood, unintentionaly, that there were more jings. She found her calm side. As said before, jings are ideas. You can have one or more jings, and then have different jings. I don't aprove this to be implemented, but if it does, players should be able to choose their jings. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry for the misspelling errors. Also, I didn't want to offend anybody.
From a Player who cares.

owlcool

Verified Member
In the real world, everybody has their own jing/jings. Mine is neutral, and that's why I chose Water. My sister's jing is mostly offensive, so she is a Firebender. But through this times, we tend to change. She had a time when she was more pacifist, it is related to her personality face to some facts or feelings. I am going to give a canon example. Avatar Korra inittially was centred in the attack form of the Elements. That's why she wasn't able to bend Air, she was focused on the agressive jings. Some time passed and Korra grew. She left the violence to solve problems and adopted a new form of pacifism, we can see that from the time she was missing. That was when she understood, unintentionaly, that there were more jings. She found her calm side. As said before, jings are ideas. You can have one or more jings, and then have different jings. I don't aprove this to be implemented, but if it does, players should be able to choose their jings. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry for the misspelling errors. Also, I didn't want to offend anybody.
From a Player who cares.
Well explained, well said, well done. I would think from that last part you are talking about people choosing their jings, that you should be able to change them at any time, or at least, something like once a day or month. Jings shouldn't always change overnight, right? Anyways, I guess I will get around to editing the original post to something like this, and have the boosts be off of your personal jings and towards your reactions. kk?

owlcool

Verified Member
Well explained, well said, well done. I would think from that last part you are talking about people choosing their jings, that you should be able to change them at any time, or at least, something like once a day or month. Jings shouldn't always change overnight, right? Anyways, I guess I will get around to editing the original post to something like this, and have the boosts be off of your personal jings and towards your reactions. kk?
Well, I edited it. Got any ideas for changes?

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
And so you have completely reworked your concept.. Now in the original post players get to choose their own Jing, irrelevant to their element :) Sounds great

owlcool

Verified Member
And so you have completely reworked your concept.. Now in the original post players get to choose their own Jing, irrelevant to their element :) Sounds great
Now there are going to have to be many changes to elemental offense and defense. For earth jing to be more effecttive when positive jing, there will have to be new moves made worked around positive jing. This would be a lot of work, but it may just be well worth it. For an example of a positive jing earth move, what about a earthtunnel variation that blasts you around until you are within 3 blocks of another player or entity, for about 20 blocks at most. That would be like what that one positive jing earthbender did. The mole, remember?

owlcool

Verified Member
The idea being, not all benders had the same techniques. Take the dai li for example. They had no defense, their style seemed almost like waterbending, being offensive, fast, and even restricting people's movement with their earth gloves like bloodbending, and certain ways waterbenders use ice. Or in jeong jeong's case, he has never been seen to use a simple fireblast, he only used walls of fire, and how Azula was able to block waterbending, firebending, airbender, earthbenidng, and a boomerang with what would be in this plugin shift fireshield. She also had more powerful strikes in exchange for speed, etc.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I just feel like this is gonna ruin the way bending is suppose to be played...

1. Now, judging by your threads, you want to apply the option for player to choose "jings"?
A)The Thing is, each bending art would lose meaning If everyone choose their own. Earth emphasis about neutral thing, right? So how arwe first encourage them to use respective it before we implant the other unrelative jings to the corresponding bending art. If players choose airbending with Jings enabled, I can guarantee that 90% will choose offensive and the airbending would lose its meanin in tactitcs (what would be the meaning and how unique would then firebending turn out to be? I think jings should be randomize per player... or better let it be "not", because as like Pickle said: it would force the players. That issue also is outlined by another criteria outlined below.
2. If you want server owners to choose it for you!
Now, it would be difficult and tedious to go from server to a server, and get irritiated by that fact that each server would set jings to be defaults differently. I/we also get hard time getting use to bending. For instance, If I go in a server-A to choose and play as an airbending with negative jing (which btw, we already have that in the plugin as a conceptuanal thing?). I'm fine with that. But If I go to server-B and see that I'm f-o-r-c-e-d to play in there with positive, than eff it and I'll leave immediately.
3. They are already in the game: called "stradegy".
While it isn't a feature, just look how effective it is since it is a non-mechanical concept. Wanna be an air nomad? Well screw you, we are pacifist and so you will be weak on offensive side but mobile on the mobility part. Well you could try to change your playstyle as a firebender, but you'll have to dedicate your time to master it and put effort into that.. Like how Pickle9775 pointed it out with a concise word: you're giving the (especally nooby) benders "short-cuts".

I know you may be inactive today, but I'm putting this out there for people to see. Staff said I can necro old/outdated threads, only If the comment is relative. I might quote you on some to counter-argue, but for now I'm almost about to execeed in character limit If I do it in this comment. It also is more fresh to that in another one.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
For earth, there could be boosts to raiseearth and earthgrab, one of which could replace the blocks with stone blocks for extra explosion resistance, or even obsidian.
Well, physics don't work like that. Earthbenders can't change matter!
This could occur assuming that the earthbender has not moved out of a 15 block square area that was made the instant they started pvping.
Actually, that's a good idea. It should be apply for something else thought, not for changing dirt into stone walls. I think idea like these should be only for their respective 'jing' (the tactical concept, not feature) with corresponding, to encourage them how the bending should be play in (not necessary, but) efficient combat and must-it to be unique. Airbenders encourage them to avoid and evade (probably is already complete), waterbenders to turn attacks back and incorperate move continuity/fluidity (which right of now it lacks of that), firebenders to be offensive (they already are), and earthbenders to stay offensive and defensive (not balanced out well right now).
Water could have boosts when running towards and away from players they pvp against, such as while running away they could have boosts to moves like waterwave, and while running towards they could have boosts to attacking abilities.
Like the idea, but again: Jings should be conceptuanal and not a mechanic.
3. They do not inhibit the combat preferences of players, because if they dislike the feel of a certain element they should be able to change their element. If you are a naturally offensive bender then you would choose fire, like how it is stated by /b h fire
[underline part] Or not, since you allow airbenders to choose positive jing, presuming it results in making all abilities offensive and thus promoting them not to choose and decide between them. As great as it sounds to give them freedom to choose, this whole Jings idea will turn out to be poorly executed.