• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Jings

owlcool

Verified Member
Then why(also how) would this be added? Strategy and skill is what separates pros from noobs, in this and everything. This is a basically a shortcut for those who suck at PVP. In that case
A) airbend and evade
B) don't PVP
Because we defiantly don't want people who actually have watched the show to have any sort of advantage past people who have not. Jings must be such a useless idea, LETS JUST MAKE FIREBENDING HEALING AND GIVE AIRBENDING A ONE HIT KILL, JINGS ARE USLESS!!! That is seriously what I am hearing from the people who think jings have no merit.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Because we defiantly don't want people who actually have watched the show to have any sort of advantage past people who have not. Jings must be such a useless idea, LETS JUST MAKE FIREBENDING HEALING AND GIVE AIRBENDING A ONE HIT KILL, JINGS ARE USLESS!!! That is seriously what I am hearing from the people who think jings have no merit.
They don't. Do you even know what a jing is? It. Is. An. Idea. Jings are the way you decide to respond to a situation, not just in combat. Bumi mentioned that Momo had mastered a few jings, and he doesn't even fight. What part of that don't you get. Having watched the show doesn't make any difference in how you PVP. Seriously, all this is, is a shortcut for those who don't know how to PVP. What I'm hearing is "There should be a thing implemented in the plugin (or vanilla) that does everything for you since I don't want to practice and get good at bending or vanilla minecraft".

owlcool

Verified Member
They don't. Do you even know what a jing is? It. Is. An. Idea. Jings are the way you decide to respond to a situation, not just in combat. Bumi mentioned that Momo had mastered a few jings, and he doesn't even fight. What part of that don't you get. Having watched the show doesn't make any difference in how you PVP. Seriously, all this is, is a shortcut for those who don't know how to PVP. What I'm hearing is "There should be a thing implemented in the plugin (or vanilla) that does everything for you since I don't want to practice and get good at bending or vanilla minecraft".
How does memorizing jings make bending require less skill? You really are close minded.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
How does memorizing jings make bending require less skill? You really are close minded.

What are you talking about memorizing? You said that moves would get buffs, or the person getting attacked would get buffs. If you want moves to have boosts from jings then, CHANGE THE CONFIG. And again, saying the person getting attacked would get an extra heart is a shortcut for being good at PVP by giving them an unfair advantage.

owlcool

Verified Member
What are you talking about memorizing? You said that moves would get buffs, or the person getting attacked would get buffs. If you want moves to have boosts from jings then, CHANGE THE CONFIG. And again, saying the person getting attacked would get an extra heart is a shortcut for being good at PVP by giving them an unfair advantage.
A firebender attacking first would get buffs to their attacks, A earthbender defending and if they get their raiseearth or etc hit by something like a fireblast or etc, they could get a buff, for example but not nessassarilly they could get resistance for a second or two, this would be helpful if it was an explosive fireblast, or etc. What you are talking about I honestly have no idea. Actually gain an imagination before criticising a idea without any actual good arguments. It does not have to stop there, there could be boosts to a firebender's firejet if they are firejetting towards who they recently hit with a fireblast or they got hit by their etc. bending. On the other hand, it could be slower if the firebender is firejetting away.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
It does not have to stop there, there could be boosts to a firebender's firejet if they are firejetting towards who they recently hit with a fireblast or they got hit by their etc. bending. On the other hand, it could be slower if the firebender is firejetting away.
For earth, there could be boosts to raiseearth and earthgrab, one of which could replace the blocks with stone blocks for extra explosion resistance, or even obsidian. This could occur assuming that the earthbender has not moved out of a 15 block square area that was made the instant they started pvping. This could be shown only to the earthbender, like how a faction owner can see the outline of a faction in glowstone, while other people can't, or the earthbender seeing a glowstone below themselves while other people do not. Water could have boosts when running towards and away from players they pvp against, such as while running away they could have boosts to moves like waterwave, and while running towards they could have boosts to attacking abilities. Mixture of positive and negative jing, No? Although with your bias you probably still can't see any possible changes this could bring.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
So does this have no potential still? If you say it does not have any potential, you are very biased.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Water could have boosts when running towards and away from players they pvp against, such as while running away they could have boosts to moves like waterwave, and while running towards they could have boosts to attacking abilities. Mixture of positive and negative jing, No?
But why? What would the point be? Using a jing does not make your bending stronger. Is Momo able to bend? No. Does he still use jings? Yes. Also, if jings were added, it would limit the freedom of the user. I've met people who airbend and use it as pure offense, and use earth as defense only. But if jings were added, you aren't allowed to have your own style, or your own strategy.

owlcool

Verified Member
But why? What would the point be? Using a jing does not make your bending stronger. Is Momo able to bend? No. Does he still use jings? Yes. Also, if jings were added, it would limit the freedom of the user. I've met people who airbend and use it as pure offense, and use earth as defense only. But if jings were added, you aren't allowed to have your own style, or your own strategy.
Or you change your strategy around to fit those jings. We all know how airbenders just swiped at people in combat in the avatar world.

owlcool

Verified Member
And if you want an answer to if momo can bend, he actually most likely can. He can fly for long periods of time like sky bison, and sky bison are the first airbenders. He has no particular wings built for flying for long periods of time, and can fly fast enough to at least have the consideration of being a airbender animal. Jings are something present in every element, and in every bending fight. You just seem to be against change.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
And if you want an answer to if momo can bend, he actually most likely can. He can fly for long periods of time like sky bison, and sky bison are the first airbenders. He has no particular wings built for flying for long periods of time, and can fly fast enough to at least have the consideration of being a airbender animal. Jings are something present in every element, and in every bending fight. You just seem to be against change.
First, Momo does not bend. Many animals in the REAL WORLD are capable of flight, not to mention that many times, he actually flaps when he flies from to time. Also, explain to me, in full detail why you actually want jings, and prove to me how they do not inhibit the combat preferences of any and all players.

owlcool

Verified Member
First, Momo does not bend. Many animals in the REAL WORLD are capable of flight, not to mention that many times, he actually flaps when he flies from to time. Also, explain to me, in full detail why you actually want jings, and prove to me how they do not inhibit the combat preferences of any and all players.
1. Appa flaps like that when he is taking off. That is like saying airbenders should be able to straight up levitate. Yes, Literally two can do that, but one is dead, and they are separated by a couple hundred to thousand year timespan.
2. I would like jings to better represent the show, and to also show how the people who take full advantage of these jings.
3. They do not inhibit the combat preferences of players, because if they dislike the feel of a certain element they should be able to change their element. If you are a naturally offensive bender then you would choose fire, like how it is stated by /b h fire
If you choose water then you enjoy a balance between offense and defense, like how it is stated in /b h water
It is your fault if you don't follow those jings, or if you pick a element uneducated about it. It is your fault if you dislike how bending actually is. Air is quick, agile, and defensive. Water is equally offensive and defensive, and mobile in water and on snow, but not as much as air. Earth is defensive, but can also slow down opponents quite a bit. It can also do quite a bit of damage, but it is rather slow also. Fire is offensive, and quick with moves like lightning and firejet. It is your fault if you pick the wrong element, this is how it has always been.

Maybe next time, actually think if there is an easy answer to your questions before using them to try and keep a suggestion for getting along.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Or you change your strategy around to fit those jings.
Why would you change your strategy to fit around another strategy you don't intend on using? That's what makes fighting with bending interesting and unique. There are more effective styles with each element in general, but you can do what you want with it if that's what works for you. Following the default strategy wouldn't give you buffs, no more than not following it would give you intentional debuffs. Let combat stay organic.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. Appa flaps like that when he is taking off. That is like saying airbenders should be able to straight up levitate. Yes, Literally two can do that, but one is dead, and they are separated by a couple hundred to thousand year timespan.
2. I would like jings to better represent the show, and to also show how the people who take full advantage of these jings.
3. They do not inhibit the combat preferences of players, because if they dislike the feel of a certain element they should be able to change their element. If you are a naturally offensive bender then you would choose fire, like how it is stated by /b h fire
If you choose water then you enjoy a balance between offense and defense, like how it is stated in /b h water
It is your fault if you don't follow those jings, or if you pick a element uneducated about it. It is your fault if you dislike how bending actually is. Air is quick, agile, and defensive. Water is equally offensive and defensive, and mobile in water and on snow, but not as much as air. Earth is defensive, but can also slow down opponents quite a bit. It can also do quite a bit of damage, but it is rather slow also. Fire is offensive, and quick with moves like lightning and firejet. It is your fault if you pick the wrong element, this is how it has always been.
"It's their fault if they don't follow the jings"

You do realize this is a plugin, for Minecraft, a game, for fun. Everybody knows that if you play a game the way you want to play, you MUST be punished to the fullest extent. You CANNOT force anybody to play a game the way you want them to play. Everybody has a right to play how they wish. They do not have to adhere to your strict criteria of what must be done. Don't confuse ideology, for proof. Airbenders used negative jing because they were pacifists. Do you think Zaheer was a pacifist, no. He was one of two (known) airbenders in history that has killed people. Do you think Iroh (or any of the sun warriors) were blood thirsty savages who use positive jing? Nope. Iroh always used negative jing. Toph and Bumi where the ONLY 2 earthbenders who used negative jing, so clearly jings aren't forced.

Side note, not everybody picks bending for PVP. I have friends who pick warerbending because of how it was portrayed in the show, and earthbending because of the ability to alter terrain.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
"It's their fault if they don't follow the jings"

You do realize this is a plugin, for Minecraft, a game, for fun. Everybody knows that if you play a game the way you want to play, you MUST be punished to the fullest extent. You CANNOT force anybody to play a game the way you want them to play. Everybody has a right to play how they wish. They do not have to adhere to your strict criteria of what must be done. Don't confuse ideology, for proof. Airbenders used negative jing because they were pacifists. Do you think Zaheer was a pacifist, no. He was one of two (known) airbenders in history that has killed people. Do you think Iroh (or any of the sun warriors) were blood thirsty savages who use positive jing? Nope. Iroh always used negative jing. Toph and Bumi where the ONLY 2 earthbenders who used negative jing, so clearly jings aren't forced.
Earth. Used. Neutral. Jing.
Now that we are done with that, lets move on. We COULD have everyone play as airbenders and only airswipe, But WOULD we want them to? Noob Individual, vs Experienced Fans of the show. This IS in rpg, so your argument is somehow much less valid. Toph, Bumi, Aang, Korra, and Bolin used neutral jing. Opposing Viewpoint Blindness I suppose? And Zaheer's attacks were quite weak, much as to that airbending is not an offensive element. He was easily schooled by these, "Weak and Passive" airbenders you think so low of. If you want this to not be a thing, then have your server not install rpg since you don't care about role play at all. Or just turn this completely off. Or config it so that it changes up pvp less. These are the compromises you fail to realize exist. Aang could have easily schooled Zaheer when he was not in avatar state and only using airbending, and Zaheer was like that. That could have happened when Zaheer was at the skill level of when he was fighting tenzin, and aang was 12 years old. These Ideals seem to be a "bit" more powerful then you believe. What is the deal with you being so against this? This improves pvp in the aspect this certain plugin was created, To make a avatar world in minecraft. Rewatch the entire series. I have at most rewatched it 7 times, at least 3 or 4. http://www.animeram.tv/avatar-last-airbender-s1/1/

owlcool

Verified Member
The Definition of "Jing" - Essence. "Essence is that which is bestowed by Nature. It is rooted in the beginningless, espied in the absolute, and becomes fragmented in the temporal. That is from a simple google search. On the avatar wiki, Jīng or Jīn (勁) means "power" or "energy" in Chinese. And also on the avatar wiki, Jing is a term that describes the myriad of options toward which one can direct his or her energy, both internally and externally

Your point is pretty much invalid. In fact, without that point stated, I would not have realized the word Jings means Power in Chinese. Just another point to prove that those jings actually effect bending beyond psychologically.
We need to discover the other 82 jings.
Those are technically most likely sub classes upon the other 3 jings, those jings are most likely the three main jings.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Remember People, This Is In The RPG Plugin, Not In The Core Plugin. This will not have to effect the core plugin, because like all things in these plugins it can be toggled on and off.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Earth. Used. Neutral. Jing.
Now that we are done with that, lets move on. We COULD have everyone play as airbenders and only airswipe, But WOULD we want them to? Noob Individual, vs Experienced Fans of the show. This IS in rpg, so your argument is somehow much less valid. Toph, Bumi, Aang, Korra, and Bolin used neutral jing. Opposing Viewpoint Blindness I suppose? And Zaheer's attacks were quite weak, much as to that airbending is not an offensive element. He was easily schooled by these, "Weak and Passive" airbenders you think so low of. If you want this to not be a thing, then have your server not install rpg since you don't care about role play at all. Or just turn this completely off. Or config it so that it changes up pvp less. These are the compromises you fail to realize exist. Aang could have easily schooled Zaheer when he was not in avatar state and only using airbending, and Zaheer was like that. That could have happened when Zaheer was at the skill level of when he was fighting tenzin, and aang was 12 years old. These Ideals seem to be a "bit" more powerful then you believe. What is the deal with you being so against this? This improves pvp in the aspect this certain plugin was created, To make a avatar world in minecraft. Rewatch the entire series. I have at most rewatched it 7 times, at least 3 or 4. http://www.animeram.tv/avatar-last-airbender-s1/1/
1. I do care about Role Playing, but I don't think you understand what role playing actually is.
2. For the last time, do you know what a jing is? It. Is. An. Idea. Used. For. Any. Given. Situation. You think that jing is some, mystic life force that binds all living things and can be used in some super magical way like The Force. The definition you used is from the actual chinese concept, which you cannot go by. Proof? Look up "Avatar" it has two meanings. One in hinduism, which doesn't exist in the Avatar so it can't be that meaning, and computing, which they don't have either. It relates to the idea, but doesn't make it the same thing.
3. You aren't limited to one jing in your entire life. When asked about Jings, Aang described it as "positive jing when you're attacking, and negative jing when retreating"
4. Not everybody knows about jing. Toph was the ONLY earthbender at Earth Rumble 6, (and in Gaoling for that matter) that used neutral jing.
5. You cannot force your predetermined notions about what bending should be on anybody. You have no right to say "This is how you're SUPPOSED to bend" You have the right to do that, and teach people, but you cannot force them.
6. Take a good look about how much you defend this topic, then look at all of your other suggestions. You've made 80 suggestions, of them 27 have been straight up denied (34%), 15 achieved the rarely granted, Looking Into Title, *Sarcasm* (19%), and then 1 got pending review (1%) and of all 80, ONE was added into the plugin. The other 45% of your suggestions, were just ignored.
7. As mentioned before, Jings are already a part of this as people play using jings. Say you use Negative Jing in vanilla PVP, then you would probably use that in bending PVP.
8. What is the deal with you being so for it? What about the RPG plugins, is tragically, and horrendously incomplete without this segment? Aside from you, who has said "You know what this needs? Jings".

owlcool

Verified Member
1. I do care about Role Playing, but I don't think you understand what role playing actually is.
2. For the last time, do you know what a jing is? It. Is. An. Idea. Used. For. Any. Given. Situation. You think that jing is some, mystic life force that binds all living things and can be used in some super magical way like The Force. The definition you used is from the actual chinese concept, which you cannot go by. Proof? Look up "Avatar" it has two meanings. One in hinduism, which doesn't exist in the Avatar so it can't be that meaning, and computing, which they don't have either. It relates to the idea, but doesn't make it the same thing.
3. You aren't limited to one jing in your entire life. When asked about Jings, Aang described it as "positive jing when you're attacking, and negative jing when retreating"
4. Not everybody knows about jing. Toph was the ONLY earthbender at Earth Rumble 6, (and in Gaoling for that matter) that used neutral jing.
5. You cannot force your predetermined notions about what bending should be on anybody. You have no right to say "This is how you're SUPPOSED to bend" You have the right to do that, and teach people, but you cannot force them.
6. Take a good look about how much you defend this topic, then look at all of your other suggestions. You've made 80 suggestions, of them 27 have been straight up denied (34%), 15 achieved the rarely granted, Looking Into Title, *Sarcasm* (19%), and then 1 got pending review (1%) and of all 80, ONE was added into the plugin. The other 45% of your suggestions, were just ignored.
7. As mentioned before, Jings are already a part of this as people play using jings. Say you use Negative Jing in vanilla PVP, then you would probably use that in bending PVP.
8. What is the deal with you being so for it? What about the RPG plugins, is tragically, and horrendously incomplete without this segment? Aside from you, who has said "You know what this needs? Jings".
6. It is not like I am straight up saying that we should give bloodbenders /fly or anything like that. Fire daggers, such a common form I would not be surprised if it was a basic, but it still looks cool, is not represented at all in the plugin and yet it can be easily represented. When you make 100 suggestions, you are bound to have a lot of them denied. I have probably made a lot more then 100 suggestions. This is more a cheap shot then anything.
5. Preconceived? More like how it actually is. Do /b h fire, or /b h water, or /b h air, or /b h earth. Earth is not offensive, fire is not defensive. These preconceived notions are represented in the martial art of the element, is almost outright stated in the show, and this plugin is based around having the closest there is to the show.
3. But earth is more powerful in neutral jing then offensive jing. A 12 year old beating a adult that fights for a living seems to be quite the difference.
2. More accurately, at the very least they are tactics. Stop trying to downplay that. The Chinese word for power is Jin or Jing, and nobody who has seen the show and enjoyed it, (Watch it from first episode to last), thinks that they are just using random words. Apparently masters of jings are much more powerful then people who are not masters of them. Bumi and Toph are both masters of neutral jing, the jing that is stated to be the "key" to earthbending by someone that has a very good chance of being the best earthbender in the world, at least before toph was around, in which she also mastered neutral jing.
Anyways, when you are talking about how avatar in the aang world is different from hinduism, they are actually quite similar. The incarnation of a god(raava in this case), inside a human(such as aang).