• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Jings

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
It could be turned off if you like... And air could also have damage boosts, run away for 3 seconds, 4 airswipes in a row get half a heart extra damage each, run towards someone, increased damage, etc. It doesn't have to be a giant boost, xD
Well there kind of lies the issue. The largest issue would be coding all of the jings. Not only would it be a hassle, it would be kind of hard to code and it would be hard for people to learn and understand how to use. Also, it could and would most likely, be laggy and glitchy. People could also hack (speed, health, or strength) and then when caught, could blame it on using a jing.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well there kind of lies the issue. The largest issue would be coding all of the jings. Not only would it be a hassle, it would be kind of hard to code and it would be hard for people to learn and understand how to use. Also, it could and would most likely, be laggy and glitchy. People could also hack (speed, health, or strength) and then when caught, could blame it on using a jing.
Then the jings could be completely configurable and not have instant one hit kills, and staff could learn what the jings are, not that hard. There could be a command that states the effects of jings, and I doubt it could be all that much laggier then healingwaters healing someone else.

owlcool

Verified Member
Wouldn't be entirely impossible, track cords of he last person to damage the player, give boosts to the player that is a firebender and sprinting in the direction of their current cords.

owlcool

Verified Member
Jings are already in MineCraft... Jings are just the style of fighting that someone has, it isn't a magical boost that they gain.. They simply know how to attack in a way that they prefer, using a 'jing'... Whether you attack someone or remain passive is basically a jing...
With that attitude nothing will ever be added!!! Think big, Aim towards the stars, and if you miss you will at least hit the tree tops. xD xD xD

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
With that attitude nothing will ever be added!!! Think big, Aim towards the stars, and if you miss you will at least hit the tree tops. xD xD xD
Just look at how Jings were introduced into the show, Bumi was stating about how it's how a person acts, not an element..
"I don't understand. Why didn't you free yourself? Why did you surrender when Omashu was invaded? What's the matter with you, Bumi?"
"Listen to me, Aang. There are options in fighting, called jing. It's a choice of how you direct your energy ..."
"I know! There's positive jing when you're attacking, and negative jing when you're retreating!"
"... and neutral jing when you do nothing!"
"There are
three jings?"
"Well, technically, there are eighty-five, but let's just focus on the third. Neutral jing is the
key to earthbending. It involves listening and waiting for the right moment to strike."
"That's why you surrendered, isn't it?"
"Yes, and it's why I can't leave now."
"I guess I need to find someone else to teach me earthbending."
"Your teacher will be someone who has mastered neutral jing. You need to find someone who waits and listens before striking.
"
Aang and Bumi.
EDIT: Also on the wiki:
Jing is a term that describes the myriad of options toward which one can direct his or her energy, both internally and externally. According to Bumi, they correspond to tactics and strategies in battle.

owlcool

Verified Member
Just look at how Jings were introduced into the show, Bumi was stating about how it's how a person acts, not an element..
It is a choice of how you direct your energy, earthbending being more effective through neutral jing as he has also stated that "Neutral Jing is the key to Earthbending." The simple fact that the benders that mastered neutral jing is able to easily heave giant boulders of earth can't be a coincidence.

owlcool

Verified Member
It is a choice of how you direct your energy, earthbending being more effective through neutral jing as he has also stated that "Neutral Jing is the key to Earthbending." The simple fact that the benders that mastered neutral jing is able to easily heave giant boulders of earth can't be a coincidence.
At the very least, this makes airbenders stick with a strategy other then, Run up and spam airswipe until someone dies. Yeah, no thanks.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
It has nothing to do with it. Bumi was just naturally great at Earthbending, and a few other things, seeing as he was 112 and still on par with Aang. And Toph, 12 years old, blind, developer of metal bending, and often referred to as the best earthbender in history. Bumi was great in combat because he knew how to wait and listen, but that doesn't effect how skilled they are with their element.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
At the very least, this makes airbenders stick with a strategy other then, Run up and spam airswipe until someone dies. Yeah, no thanks.
There are other strategies. No offense, but if that's the only strategy for air you can think of, you may need this suggestion.

owlcool

Verified Member
There are other strategies. No offense, but if that's the only strategy for air you can think of, you may need this suggestion.
No offense, but if you try to call me bad at airbending from that post, then you are mistaken. Most Noobs do that, or at least a lot of noobs.. So stop trying to use my every word against me and state that this thread is completely useless. With such strong opposition, Of two people asking why we need this over and over again. Yeah, That is
Incredibly stupid..
If you have ever been to a arena, then you would know that there are a lot of airswipe spammers. If you want to insult a guy, at least not do it twisting their words.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Lets look at the facts. One of the people on this thread straight up spammed a thread with random personal opinion simply because he knew the other person did not share the same opinion. And he has never supported a single thread, at least that I have ever seen, yet he has gone against figuratively all the threads I have ever made. -1. Another I have simply never seen supporting any of the most likely 20 threads of mine he has posted on. Personal bias aside, that guy seems like he is biased against me. - 1. And on the last guy, we have someone arguing what a jing is, something that is literally translated to power is apparently just strategy. You seem to consistently think that a change like this is a suggestion for the core plugin and made to be default on. That is either a biased standpoint or a idiotic argument, and he has ye to suggest or take a single compromise.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Lets look at the facts. One of the people on this thread straight up spammed a thread with random personal opinion simply because he knew the other person did not share the same opinion. And he has never supported a single thread, at least that I have ever seen, yet he has gone against figuratively all the threads I have ever made. -1. Another I have simply never seen supporting any of the most likely 20 threads of mine he has posted on. Personal bias aside, that guy seems like he is biased against me. - 1. And on the last guy, we have someone arguing what a jing is, something that is literally translated to power is apparently just strategy. You seem to consistently think that a change like this is a suggestion for the core plugin and made to be default on. That is either a biased standpoint or a idiotic argument, and he has ye to suggest or take a single compromise.
Are you defending the idea because it's imperative to the plugin, or because it's your idea? I'm not biased against you, I'm not saying jings don't exist. I'm saying this feature isn't necessary. It would be hard to code, hard to use, and hardly necessary. People have been getting along with out since the days of Orion. I've been RPing with bending since those days too. If you feel the plugin absolutely needs it, then you code a plugin for it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Are you defending the idea because it's imperative to the plugin, or because it's your idea? I'm not biased against you, I'm not saying jings don't exist. I'm saying this feature isn't necessary. It would be hard to code, hard to use, and hardly necessary. People have been getting along with out since the days of Orion. I've been RPing with bending since those days too. If you feel the plugin absolutely needs it, then you code a plugin for it.
Are bending combos absolutely needed? Is combustion absolutely needed? Is lavabending absolutely needed? Is waterwave needed?