• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Jings

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
6. It is not like I am straight up saying that we should give bloodbenders /fly or anything like that. Fire daggers, such a common form I would not be surprised if it was a basic, but it still looks cool, is not represented at all in the plugin and yet it can be easily represented. When you make 100 suggestions, you are bound to have a lot of them denied. I have probably made a lot more then 100 suggestions. This is more a cheap shot then anything.
5. Preconceived? More like how it actually is. Do /b h fire, or /b h water, or /b h air, or /b h earth. Earth is not offensive, fire is not defensive. These preconceived notions are represented in the martial art of the element, is almost outright stated in the show, and this plugin is based around having the closest there is to the show.
3. But earth is more powerful in neutral jing then offensive jing. A 12 year old beating a adult that fights for a living seems to be quite the difference.
2. More accurately, at the very least they are tactics. Stop trying to downplay that. The Chinese word for power is Jin or Jing, and nobody who has seen the show and enjoyed it, (Watch it from first episode to last), thinks that they are just using random words. Apparently masters of jings are much more powerful then people who are not masters of them. Bumi and Toph are both masters of neutral jing, the jing that is stated to be the "key" to earthbending by someone that has a very good chance of being the best earthbender in the world, at least before toph was around, in which she also mastered neutral jing.
Anyways, when you are talking about how avatar in the aang world is different from hinduism, they are actually quite similar. The incarnation of a god(raava in this case), inside a human(such as aang).
Love how you dodged half of my post (granted part 1 was a statement

First, I don't go about posting every idea that pops into my head, I think about it for at least a day or two.
Second, okay, so Fire is geared towards offensive maneuvers. That's why fire has two defensive moves, and one evasive move. There are your jings.
Third, Why do we actually need this? What is the RPG without this? How will this revolutionize the plugin?

owlcool

Verified Member
Love how you dodged half of my post (granted part 1 was a statement

First, I don't go about posting every idea that pops into my head, I think about it for at least a day or two.
Second, okay, so Fire is geared towards offensive maneuvers. That's why fire has two defensive moves, and one evasive move. There are your jings.
Third, Why do we actually need this? What is the RPG without this? How will this revolutionize the plugin?
Sigh, I guess I will answer the rest since I just ate dinner. (You really think I dodged the argument?)
This will bring a optional form of strategy based around jings increasing and decreasing your chance of winning. And what do you actually think I am suggesting? The more detail the better. We both want a good plugin, lets not let arguing get in the way of that. Anyways, there are two people arguing against it, and one of which has never supported a single one of my threads. No, not even a simple post suggesting combining walloffire with fireshield. For some reason a different person has the same dodgy argument you guys have, simply saying how we don't need to combine two moves. Why combine waterspout and waterwave? To save a slot? Ridiculous. Just because we don't need something doesn't mean it should not be created. Why would minecraft be created otherwise? Why would orion's plugin be created otherwise? Why would they add combustion to the plugin otherwise?
1. Rpg is a dodgy term. That has been established long ago. If you got all the people on the forums to say their version of rpg, there will be some variation no matter what.
7. And this would incorporate masters of jings into the plugin. How bad could that be?
8. Who has said that the worst possible thing for the plugin would be for jings to be more incorporated into the plugin? For there to be boosts to what the jings are on what element correspond to what jing.
Why do I feel this is directed at one of my suggestions?
If you don't want offense, don't open this spoiler.
Because I needed an example and a meaningless overpowered thread is the best example at that given moment in time. Please don't tell me I have opened up a whole new can of worms, take a deep breath. In Through your nose, ........ Out Through Your mouth....... In Through Your Nose.......... Out Through Your nose........ So sorry if there was any offense implied towards you, I meant none.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Sigh, I guess I will answer the rest since I just ate dinner. (You really think I dodged the argument?)
This will bring a optional form of strategy based around jings increasing and decreasing your chance of winning. And what do you actually think I am suggesting? The more detail the better. We both want a good plugin, lets not let arguing get in the way of that. Anyways, there are two people arguing against it, and one of which has never supported a single one of my threads. No, not even a simple post suggesting combining walloffire with fireshield. For some reason a different person has the same dodgy argument you guys have, simply saying how we don't need to combine two moves. Why combine waterspout and waterwave? To save a slot? Ridiculous. Just because we don't need something doesn't mean it should not be created. Why would minecraft be created otherwise? Why would orion's plugin be created otherwise? Why would they add combustion to the plugin otherwise?
1. Rpg is a dodgy term. That has been established long ago. If you got all the people on the forums to say their version of rpg, there will be some variation no matter what.
7. And this would incorporate masters of jings into the plugin. How bad could that be?
8. Who has said that the worst possible thing for the plugin would be for jings to be more incorporated into the plugin? For there to be boosts to what the jings are on what element correspond to what jing.

If you don't want offense, don't open this spoiler.
Because I needed an example and a meaningless overpowered thread is the best example at that given moment in time. Please don't tell me I have opened up a whole new can of worms, take a deep breath. In Through your nose, ........ Out Through Your mouth....... In Through Your Nose.......... Out Through Your nose........ So sorry if there was any offense implied towards you, I meant none.
Okay, there is a possibility that I MAY have misunderstood the premise of the suggestion. So I re-read the main page and realized something, what you are suggesting could be done by editing your configs. You could just go into your config, and change the speed boosts of airbenders, and increase the damage of some moves, change the push factor of other moves, and so on and so forth.

Also, I think that you've come to the conclusion that I PERSONALLY have an issue with the plugin. Granted, I do have some trouble grasping why it's necessary, but I'm arguing on the sake of the plugin. I see how this move is canon, and has some basis, but in terms of the RPG plugin, the developers should be more focused on more important aspects.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, there is a possibility that I MAY have misunderstood the premise of the suggestion. So I re-read the main page and realized something, what you are suggesting could be done by editing your configs. You could just go into your config, and change the speed boosts of airbenders, and increase the damage of some moves, change the push factor of other moves, and so on and so forth.

Also, I think that you've come to the conclusion that I PERSONALLY have an issue with the plugin. Granted, I do have some trouble grasping why it's necessary, but I'm arguing on the sake of the plugin. I see how this move is canon, and has some basis, but in terms of the RPG plugin, the developers should be more focused on more important aspects.
My idea is to have speed boosts of firebenders, airbenders, etc be triggered by the bender running towards or away from the opponent. For firebenders, they could have a speedboost when running towards the opponent, and possibly a buff to damage. Airbenders could have even more speed when running AWAY from the opponent, but slightly less fast when running towards them. Does it make more sense now? In summary, boosts or debuffs triggered by using and following the jings. Firebending moves could also do less damage when firebenders are running away from the targer. And it doesn't have to be running, it could be walking also, but there should be stronger boosts for running. Does it make sense now?

owlcool

Verified Member
My idea is to have speed boosts of firebenders, airbenders, etc be triggered by the bender running towards or away from the opponent. For firebenders, they could have a speedboost when running towards the opponent, and possibly a buff to damage. Airbenders could have even more speed when running AWAY from the opponent, but slightly less fast when running towards them. Does it make more sense now? In summary, boosts or debuffs triggered by using and following the jings. Firebending moves could also do less damage when firebenders are running away from the targer. And it doesn't have to be running, it could be walking also, but there should be stronger boosts for running. Does it make sense now?
Well that was a nice little talk, how about we talk like this when we start out in threads? xD

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I understand the concept, but I feel like it makes PVP unbalanced, overly complicated, and forces players into a strategy type.

owlcool

Verified Member
I understand the concept, but I feel like it makes PVP unbalanced, overly complicated, and forces players into a strategy type.
It could be turned off if you like... And air could also have damage boosts, run away for 3 seconds, 4 airswipes in a row get half a heart extra damage each, run towards someone, increased damage, etc. It doesn't have to be a giant boost, xD
Maybe when firebenders are running towards someone their fire could stay lit, that could make sense, since to run towards them they would have to continually face them, and if they are always facing them they might as well keep their own fire flared up, that would be another boost to combat that could be possible.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It could be turned off if you like... And air could also have damage boosts, run away for 3 seconds, 4 airswipes in a row get half a heart extra damage each, run towards someone, increased damage, etc. It doesn't have to be a giant boost, xD
Four airswipes getting half of a heart extra damage can give them a huge boost.. That's two whole hearts in one little attack! Not to mention the constant buffet they can place upon you.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member

owlcool

Verified Member
Four airswipes getting half of a heart extra damage can give them a huge boost.. That's two whole hearts in one little attack! Not to mention the constant buffet they can place upon you.
Then they could have to run away for longer, xD you really think it is that hard of a fix?