• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Jings

owlcool

Verified Member
Remember People, This Is In RPG.
Use: Correlating to each person's jings, using offensive abilities with positive jing would get a slight boost, and using defensive abilitys with neutral elements would get a slight boost, and offensive abilities would get a slight debuff and vice versa to the rest. Positive could increase the power of moves like watermanipulation, and airbender's could get speed boosts if they use a evasive strategy, and negative jings. Link to evidence this is cannon? Here you go. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Jing
Fire: Postive Jing. This gives Firebenders the ability to effectively Pursue and Attack. That is how it is in the plugin, usually. If you neutral jing, you would want to use moves like walloffire and fireshield more, possibly it might block a few more moves that previously it would not block.
Earth: Neutral Jing. This gives Earthbenders the ability to effectively block at any time. However, this tends to take a toll on the speed of Earthbenders. That is how it is in the plugin. However, if you choose another jing, such as positive jing, your earthblasts might be faster, your warmups might be faster, etc.
Air: Negative Jing. This helps Airbenders to have the ability to run at any time, be evasive, and defend. However, this tends to take a toll on the attack of airbenders. That is how it is in the plugin. However, if you choose another jing such as positive jing, Left click airburst would do damage, etc.
Water: A mixture between Positive and Negative Jing. This provides Waterbenders with the power to either pursue, or run at almost any time. However, they usually aren't as good at standing their ground as earthbenders, aren't usually as fast as airbenders, and aren't usually as good as good at pursuing and attacking as firebenders. Basically Waterbenders are Jacks of all trades, Master of None. That is how it is in the plugin. If you chose negative jing, then waterbenders would have faster waterspouts, fastswim, etc. If they chose neutral jing, they would get boosts to defense like surge, etc. If they chose positive jing, they would have more damaging watermanipulation, torrent, etc.
Positive Jing: Attacking and Advancing/Pursuing
Negative Jing: Evading or Retreating and Evading
Neutral Jing: Waiting, Listening or as Bumi describes it, doing nothing,

Last edited:

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Water is both positive and negative, reflecting its versatility and principals of turning offense into defense; or using your opponent's energy against them.

owlcool

Verified Member
Water is both positive and negative, reflecting its versatility and principals of turning offense into defense; or using your opponent's energy against them.
I guess, but neutral jing is a combination of both positive jing and negative jing. Waterbenders rarly attacked first, at least the skilled ones.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I guess, but neutral jing is a combination of both positive jing and negative jing. Waterbenders rarly attacked first, at least the skilled ones.
Plenty of waterbenders have attacked first, and neutral jing is quite different from positive and negative. A user of neutral jing doesn't evade, they wait, and listen, then attack. As Bumi put it, they "do nothing", then attack when the time is right. So it really wouldn't be classified with any other type of jing, and I'd say Bumi would agree. Otherwise, there really wouldn't be any neutral jing. So, waterbenders switch between positive and negative, they really are not affiliated with neutral.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Omg i dont attack first *-* (am i noob? XD)
I usually w8 to see if the foe is a bender and if he is, what element. Second, his strategy. Third: find the nearest water sources (usefull when bottles get empty). Fourth: wait to his attacks

owlcool

Verified Member
You do get that jings aren't physical or spiritual things. They are ideas like strategy. People already use jings when playing.
So that is such helpful that the most powerful benders take jings to extreme and dangerous levels, ending up doing things like moving the equivalent of a mountain.

owlcool

Verified Member
"So that is such helpful". What? What are you referring to? Jings are ideas. Jings aren't super powerful "spirit enhancing abilities".
The best benders tend to use jings. No correlation there. No possibility it could be a causation.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
The best benders tend to use jings. No correlation there. No possibility it could be a causation.
Then why(also how) would this be added? Strategy and skill is what separates pros from noobs, in this and everything. This is a basically a shortcut for those who suck at PVP. In that case
A) airbend and evade
B) don't PVP

owlcool

Verified Member
Then why(also how) would this be added? Strategy and skill is what separates pros from noobs, in this and everything. This is a basically a shortcut for those who suck at PVP. In that case
A) airbend and evade
B) don't PVP
Jings could and likely would change how the plugin works. possibly for the better. On the other hand, Why would a earthbender that could easily earthbend with his face, to get outside and inside that cage, wait for a couple months in said cramped cage? And coincidentally, the second he acted he moved the equivalent of a mountain. He did not know a eclipse was coming. We aren't talking about giving a giant one hit kill to the firebender that strikes first. We are talking at most a additional heart to that first hit. We are suggesting that waterbenders would have half heart boosts to attacking and small boosts to waterspout speeds when waterspouting in a time span within getting damage from mobs and players. This is considerable, easy to add, and cannon. How much more could you want?

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I have a few ideas of how this could be implemented to change up a players fighting style with bending. I think it has some merit.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Jings could and likely would change how the plugin works. possibly for the better. On the other hand, Why would a earthbender that could easily earthbend with his face, to get outside and inside that cage, wait for a couple months in said cramped cage? And coincidentally, the second he acted he moved the equivalent of a mountain. He did not know a eclipse was coming. We aren't talking about giving a giant one hit kill to the firebender that strikes first. We are talking at most a additional heart to that first hit. We are suggesting that waterbenders would have half heart boosts to attacking and small boosts to waterspout speeds when waterspouting in a time span within getting damage from mobs and players. This is considerable, easy to add, and cannon. How much more could you want?
Then it's just a shortcut for PVP. If you are skilled enough at PVP, and can apply strategy then you shouldn't need it. Allow me to tie the canon into this. Many people are bothered because Zaheer was a master airbender after 2 weeks. The reason is because before he got airbending, he was a master martial artist. If you are truly gifted with a skill, it can be applied to many things. If you are good enough at vanilla PVP, you can be good at any element. So the issue here isn't the need for a start buff, but to practice PVP.

Not to mention that if this went through, it would promote campers. Also, it would kill Arenas. People would claim that it is unfair, which it is.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like bending because it expands the limits of normal everything in minecraft. I was terrible at vanilla pvp. I'm good with earthbending or chiblocking.

I like the idea.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I like bending because it expands the limits of normal everything in minecraft. I was terrible at vanilla pvp. I'm good with earthbending or chiblocking.

I like the idea.
Basically it punishes those who practice PVP, and rewards those who do not. "Oh, you've been practicing for months now and are now very good? Doesn't matter because now the second you attack somebody, they instantly get the upper hand." Also, as I have said, Arenas will die. People will be too bothered by the first strike penalty, they won't bother to PVP, or they will just run around and wait to get attacked, or trash talk until they get attacked. Also, waiting for the correct moment to strike works the same way as being attacked. Whose to say that when the attacker attacks, they were using a jing to wait for the right moment to attack? Also, who is to decide whether or not you were waiting for the right moment to attack, for fell prey to a sneak attack.

Also, how would positive jing work? Would you get a buff for attacking? Oh wait, that goes against your idea.

Is the jing you described negative or neutral?

And then not only would they need to think of, decide, and code the first 3 jings, they would need to do it 82 more times.

In addition, jings are already in the plugin in a way. OctopusForm is an example of neutral jing. It is not purely offensive, and is not purely defensive. It's about waiting for the right moment.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Basically it punishes those who practice PVP, and rewards those who do not. "Oh, you've been practicing for months now and are now very good? Doesn't matter because now the second you attack somebody, they instantly get the upper hand." Also, as I have said, Arenas will die. People will be too bothered by the first strike penalty, they won't bother to PVP, or they will just run around and wait to get attacked, or trash talk until they get attacked. Also, waiting for the correct moment to strike works the same way as being attacked. Whose to say that when the attacker attacks, they were using a jing to wait for the right moment to attack? Also, who is to decide whether or not you were waiting for the right moment to attack, for fell prey to a sneak attack.

Also, how would positive jing work? Would you get a buff for attacking? Oh wait, that goes against your idea.

Is the jing you described negative or neutral?

And then not only would they need to think of, decide, and code the first 3 jings, they would need to do it 82 more times.

In addition, jings are already in the plugin in a way. OctopusForm is an example of neutral jing. It is not purely offensive, and is not purely defensive. It's about waiting for the right moment.
For every strike there is a counter. It balances out pretty well in my head, unless I've totally misunderstood the point of the thread which I doubt I have.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
For every strike there is a counter. It balances out pretty well in my head, unless I've totally misunderstood the point of the thread which I doubt I have.
Not naturally. Strategy can't be given to you. If you plan before you strike, then you have jing. If you have a tactical retreat instead of running away, you have jing. Airbenders use negative jing, Firebenders use positive jing. You are all confusing what a jing really is, which is strategy type, and what you assume it is, which is something that punishes people that ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO PVP. Also, what use would this have outside of PVP? In PVE, would animals get a boost when you attack them?