• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fastswim Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
Let's face the facts, fastswimming underwater isn't canon.
The plugin is based off of the show and from the way it seems would like to make the plugin as close to the show as possible.

This change would implement the WaterSurf we have seen.
There's no reason for this not to replace fastswim other than certain waterbenders not wanting to adapt.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
"We have never seen a waterbender FastSwim in the show!" You're right, but we have also never seen a firebender, a casual firebender, which means not induced by the Comet Sozin nor the Avatar State, even less being a Master as Jeong Jeong (who actually did take more tham a milisecond to burst the wall ), being able to summon a giant wall with a breathe and flying randomly around using FireJet.
The bender being casual or not doesn't matter, because each element has access to other master-degree moves as well. Also just a bit off topic.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I think it actually was used in the show, just not under the water. In one of the episode in season 3 where Katara dresses up like a spirit to help a fishing tribe in the middle of a lake. She was running from Aang and reached water and used fast swim to get to the other side.
As I recall, Katara would WaterSurf, like suggested in this thread, and not actually FastSwimming...

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I quite like the idea, although I feel like removing FastSwim would be too harsh.
FastSwim shouldn't have been a thing in the first place. It's extremely OP, isn't canon, and is annoying in the sense that it can be used to hide from all attacks except other water attacks.
If that was to happen, a waterbender as a firebender, per example, would have the same mobility underwater, which isn't - or shouldn't be - desirable, since waterbenders would be moving in their own element. The same happens with Airbenders: they can manipulate their surroundings in order to affect their movements. I would agree with a nerf, but not its removal. Maybe as deep as you swim, the slower you would move?
As of right now there is still surge.
The addition of WaterSurfing to WaterSpout seems like a good idea! It has been seen loads of times in the show, and I would be happy if it was actually added, specially if the waterbender would be able to waterbend while WaterSurfing: small moves like WaterManipulation or IceSpike, as we've seen Katara and Aang both WaterSurfing and creating a maelstrom around the serpent in 'The Serpent's Pass'.
Yes.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If swiftswim's getting a big nerf, the underwater swiftswim should be 75 - 80% slower, and it should be so that you gain speed, the maximum being swiftswim's speed right now.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, I guess there is always the possibility of making swiftswim an addon, as soon as its removed, for those who still want to keep it

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Actually, I now recall that Aang did fastswim underwater to reach out to or before lionturtle came. You could call surgejet cause it only gave the avatar a small short boost in there.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, with the removal of swiftswim, getting stuck underwater on blocks, or being suffocated via phasechange is no longer a thing

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think I'll side to this Suggestion. It isn't canon, balanced and necessary. If people wanted to go intuitively under water, use waterbubble (even though, technically underwater, but would you want to risk dying there other than apart from your own personal interest?). Along with surge, this gives you reasonable mobility above water. What else do you need?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Status
Not open for further replies.