• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fastswim Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well... actually Surge Jetting wasn't canon neither...
Katara in catacombs surge herself with her bf along with teamed earthbenders, scarfguy and bluechick (pretty much like the fullmoon version of it).

P.S. ^ Proof that Katara is really savage sometimes.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Katara in catacombs surge herself with her bf along with teamed earthbenders, scarfguy and bluechick (pretty much like the fullmoon version of it).
OHHHHH, be more specific -.- .

When Katara makes a huge wave and rides it in order to catch Aang and wash away Zuko, Azula and the earthbenders.

That is more like a waterwave (Look at the name WATERWAVE).

HadesDude

Verified Member
Aang swims pretty quickly in order to keep up with the Lion Turtle...

Korra also gets to the ships pretty quickly, if she had been above water we likely would have heard someone inform Iroh that the Avatar was coming.

She's also able to blast herself and Iroh back towards land.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member

Korra also gets to the ships pretty quickly, if she had been above water we likely would have heard someone inform Iroh that the Avatar was coming.

You can't exactly say that the lion turtle was moving that fast. Even though Aang did enhance his mobility in the water with waterbending, it wasn't to the point where he was moving insanely fast.

I can't see the other videos in the country I'm in right now, as it tells me.

paliate

Verified Member
She blasted them back to land while above water.
Which continues our point on how fastswim is not accurate and should be replaced with something usable above water only.

HadesDude

Verified Member
She blasted them back to land while above water.
Which continues our point on how fastswim is not accurate and should be replaced with something usable above water only.
Go to 5:48 in the video. Korra dives into the water and then the next time we see her surface is when she's near the ships. She'd have to cover a lot of distance relatively quickly. If she had surfaced, one of the crew members would have notified Iroh that the Avatar was coming.

HadesDude

Verified Member
You can't exactly say that the lion turtle was moving that fast. Even though Aang did enhance his mobility in the water with waterbending, it wasn't to the point where he was moving insanely fast.

I can't see the other videos in the country I'm in right now, as it tells me.
The other video is from the episode Skeletons In The Closet.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member

Last video isn't even used above water If you refer where she blasted backwards with Iroh. That represents pretty much the principle of surge jetting.

paliate

Verified Member
Go to 5:48 in the video. Korra dives into the water and then the next time we see her surface is when she's near the ships. She'd have to cover a lot of distance relatively quickly. If she had surfaced, one of the crew members would have notified Iroh that the Avatar was coming.
That is speculation, I could easily argue that there was too much chaos going on for them to realize she was rising.
But again, that can't be proven therefore should not be taken into account.

I know you guys are sad that this might get removed but pull it together, all the waterbenders have only been seen fastswimming above water.
Just realize this is a necessary change.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Like as paliate already covered uo for me - that might be a speculation. Like who knows-- maybe it was another factor. She could probably have used waterbubble while airscooter at the same, because, well you know, she is the avatar. If you need proof whenever an avatar can bend two elements stimuously even without avatarstate, I can gladly provided it to you.

paliate

Verified Member
Like as paliate already covered uo for me - that might be a speculation. Like who knows-- maybe it was another factor. She could probably have used waterbubble while airscooter at the same, because, well you know, she is the avatar. If you need proof whenever an avatar can bend two elements stimuously even without avatarstate, I can gladly provided it to you.

You can't use airscooter underwater, which she was.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yes, in argument that Korra could have done anything to go there quickly, so you can't state as a fact that she did fastswim since it was done off-screen. Anywho, why do you say it is impossible?

HadesDude

Verified Member
That is speculation, I could easily argue that there was too much chaos going on for them to realize she was rising.
But again, that can't be proven therefore should not be taken into account.
Well we know that she didn't swim above water, because she's surfacing in the video. We know she covered a lot of distance and she did so relatively quickly. We know Korra wasn't surfing on the water because, as previously stated she was surfacing when she got to the ships. That also means that she didn't propel herself like she did when she saves Iroh II.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well we know that she didn't swim above water, because she's surfacing in the video. We know she covered a lot of distance and she did so relatively quickly. We know Korra wasn't surfing on the water because, as previously stated she was surfacing when she got to the ships. That also means that she didn't propel herself like she did when she saves Iroh II.
For chrissake people, let's not forget that Zuko was able to move fast enough to get in the way of a lightning bolt. What she did offscreen remains offscreen. Speculation is just speculation at this point. It doesn't ignore the fact that Fastswimming right now is a broken concept that's overstayed it's welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.