• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fastswim Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Many people dislike fastswim, since it's way to easy to run off with it.
Many waterbenders also use fastswim to hide from other benders attacks, since many attacks are nullified when touching water.

So my alternative would be WaterSurfing.
WaterSurfing won't be it's own move, it'll be a part of waterspout.
To use WaterSurfing, you'd select waterspout and jump onto water and hold down shift. Now you'd surf on top of the water. You wouldn't be able to go down or up, just like with airscooter. If you should get knocked off of it, you'd fall into the water. Now you'd have to either get on land to jump onto the water again, or just spout up and let yourself fall of your spout and shift. This means, you don't have to run. You only have to be falling to activate WaterSurfing.

How would it look?
Waterparticles will splash on the sides of you, just like in the gif down below.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
"Select the source part"?
Read it wrong (select waterspout). Thought it said that, lol.

EDIT: However, in this right moment - it would be advisable to remove fastswim. It is impossible for an earthbender to fight an waterbender, as most of them fish first stradegic move is to jump into "their" swimming pool and claim in as their own, i.e. camp there. The Impossible is - earthbending projectiles can't penetrate through the water.

Kiam

Verified Member
We've seen many water benders in the show swim faster using their waterbending. Don't you think this would cut off that capability and survival advantage? I've seen people create underwater homes because they are able to swim quickly, this would remove that capability.

IceEyes

Verified Member
@Kiam
Like Meska said, they could use waterbubble to get down. Which would be good too, since waterbubble is hardly ever used and it would now have a purpose.
And about the "we've seen waterbenders in the show swim faster", that's true but things need to get adjusted to minecraft. FastSwim only encourages watercamping.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
However, I do see one reason why fastswim is useful-- Have it spout the user up to the water surface with WaterSpout selected and left click.

paliate

Verified Member
Please make this happen.
Just take out all of the other factors your brain is bringing up, this is canon.
As far as underwater houses go, that's already been addressed with waterbubble.

If you want to bring fighting problems into this, most elements can't even reach water when it's underwater which makes this a uncanon mess.
I've never seen a waterbender fastswim underwater but that could have easily been a detail I've missed. Feel free to correct me on that one but I remember a few Korra scenes where she would just slow swim off of the island.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Please make this happen.
Just take out all of the other factors your brain is bringing up, this is canon.
As far as underwater houses go, that's already been addressed with waterbubble.

If you want to bring fighting problems into this, most elements can't even reach water when it's underwater which makes this a uncanon mess.
I've never seen a waterbender fastswim underwater but that could have easily been a detail I've missed. Feel free to correct me on that one but I remember a few Korra scenes where she would just slow swim off of the island.

Amon.

Loony

Verified Member
I think it's an interesting idea that could be a good balanced alternative for fast swim. Marked as approved!

Hero

Verified Member
Many people dislike fastswim, since it's way to easy to run off with it.
Many waterbenders also use fastswim to hide from other benders attacks, since many attacks are nullified when touching water.

So my alternative would be WaterSurfing.
WaterSurfing won't be it's own move, it'll be a part of waterspout.
To use WaterSurfing, you'd select waterspout and jump onto water and hold down shift. Now you'd surf on top of the water. You wouldn't be able to go down or up, just like with airscooter. If you should get knock of it, you'd fall into the water. Now you'd have to either get on land to jump onto the water again, or just spout up and let yourself fall of your spout and shift. This means, you don't have to run. You only have to be falling to activate WaterSurfing.

How would it look?
Waterparticles will splash on the sides of you, just like in the gif down below.

Let me know what you think!

This is literally what I suggested a few months ago...

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I quite like the idea, although I feel like removing FastSwim would be too harsh.

If that was to happen, a waterbender as a firebender, per example, would have the same mobility underwater, which isn't - or shouldn't be - desirable, since waterbenders would be moving in their own element. The same happens with Airbenders: they can manipulate their surroundings in order to affect their movements. I would agree with a nerf, but not its removal. Maybe as deep as you swim, the slower you would move?

The addition of WaterSurfing to WaterSpout seems like a good idea! It has been seen loads of times in the show, and I would be happy if it was actually added, specially if the waterbender would be able to waterbend while WaterSurfing: small moves like WaterManipulation or IceSpike, as we've seen Katara and Aang both WaterSurfing and creating a maelstrom around the serpent in 'The Serpent's Pass'.

Status
Not open for further replies.