• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
EarthRing

EarthRing 1.0.3

tyggerr

Verified Member
You could try to use Dirt Block item and add a tag on it to make them unpickable (cancel the on item pickup event). Don't go the armor stand way, its such a massive workload for the server for no real benefits...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You could try to use Dirt Block item and add a tag on it to make them unpickable (cancel the on item pickup event). Don't go the armor stand way, its such a massive workload for the server for no real benefits...
Entities don't do well with the math used.

tyggerr

Verified Member
I'm curious, how can the math be applied to particles but not entities? Basically you generate a bunch of locations where to spawn particles, why couldn't you spawn items there with no gravity (setGravity(false)) ? Sure the items won't "rotate around you", but if it updates fast enough the effect could be smooth I think.

[EDIT] I was really curious so I recoded your ability using Items instead of particles and it works exactly the same. Except for one thing, if we simply change the items location the effect is ugly, because the location is updated about once every 20 ticks. Which creates a very sloppy effect. To get a smooth effect we'd need to apply velocity to the item, which makes the problem way more complex as you said.

[EDIT2] https://gyazo.com/28630e55f60150b1e45fb5b9d0d8129d

Last edited:

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I'm curious, how can the math be applied to particles but not entities? Basically you generate a bunch of locations where to spawn particles, why couldn't you spawn items there with no gravity (setGravity(false)) ? Sure the items won't "rotate around you", but if it updates fast enough the effect could be smooth I think.

[EDIT] I was really curious so I recoded your ability using Items instead of particles and it works exactly the same. Except for one thing, if we simply change the items location the effect is ugly, because the location is updated about once every 20 ticks. Which creates a very sloppy effect. To get a smooth effect we'd need to apply velocity to the item, which makes the problem way more complex as you said.

Interesting, I wonder if a new addon developer has just entered the ring.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

I like how mine is lol

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think it would be neat to combine both ideas.... Like you have this item idea:

But there's few items in the animation, and then you display a small combination of brown and gray particles, to resemble dirt and stone crumbling to the ground. Idk how to show you an example so I'll pray that made sense xD
I understand what you mean but entities pose a few problems that particles don't.

Loony

Verified Member
lol, guys, respect the work @Simplicitee put into his move. It looks and operates great.
Yeah can we really stop with the hating of addon abilities and flipping because they're not how you want them / you'd do it; making addons is just some fun in your free time and you're releasing your work so others can use it if they want to. It's also a way to get better at developing. Suggestions are great, but only if they're constructive.