• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbending Rework - Sourcing and Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
This would add so much diversity to water bending, now that i have read this i can never look at waterbending the same way, if this isn't added i will never be able to water bend again......(Water is my main)

Joeri

Verified Member
Well, actually a suggestion:
Give watermani the same mechanics as LavaThrow

lavaThrow allows you to shoot lava without actually having to look at it, it just chooses a source near you and fires in the direction u click

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, actually a suggestion:
Give watermani the same mechanics as LavaThrow

lavaThrow allows you to shoot lava without actually having to look at it, it just chooses a source near you and fires in the direction u click
Lavathrow requires you to be on the other side of a lava source as your opponent

djmyernos

Verified Member
I think this would be a great addition to waterbending. It would definitely make it more challenging and hard to master, but could open possibilities for custom combos etc. It would be cool to experiment with different combinations and see what works best. I would definitely be a waterbender more often if this happened.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What, no? You can just create a moat around u and fire, or stand in front of your source and then aim forwards
Still has a charge time. In the time it takes you to actually be on the opposite side of the source and charge and fire, you are already being hit away from the source. That is the only downside of lavathrow

Joeri

Verified Member
Still has a charge time. In the time it takes you to actually be on the opposite side of the source and charge and fire, you are already being hit away from the source. That is the only downside of lavathrow
Thats completly off topic and has nothing to do with my idea

Basically what i ment is it selects a random nearby source automatically

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
If such an update happens, would ability developers have to add new configuration (or whatever you call it) to have it where their moves can "shape-shift"? For example having torrent turn into jedk1's new water arms.

Kiam

Verified Member
If such an update happens, would ability developers have to add new configuration (or whatever you call it) to have it where their moves can "shape-shift"? For example having torrent turn into jedk1's new water arms.
Im sure on the add-on dev's side, this could be done. However, Im not knowledgable in the coding side of things.

6tijn

Verified Member
Overall, These suggestions would change water for the better, and allow for more dynamic and realistic battles between benders. Waterbenders could tread outside of their safe water-filled homes and be more like the benders that live in the avatar universe. Water is the element of change, and it needs one, badly.
Thank you for reading my suggestion! Hopefully a few aspects, if not all of it, gets added into the core plugin!
What you say there is so true. There are so many people who complain about watercamping etc., but it's because it's very hard for a waterbender to take the water with him/her to the land and continue fighting there. In the show waterbenders were always able to figth very decent on ground without having huge water masses near them. Now, when waterbenders enter the land to fight, they just get air suctioned , earth grabbed, and there's nothing they can do about it ._.

Water is the element of change, and it needs one, badly.
This says it all ;-;

Kiam

Verified Member
What you say there is so true. There are so many people who complain about watercamping etc., but it's because it's very hard for a waterbender to take the water with him/her to the land and continue fighting there. In the show waterbenders were always able to figth very decent on ground without having huge water masses near them. Now, when waterbenders enter the land to fight, they just get air suctioned , earth grabbed, and there's nothing they can do about it ._.

This says it all ;-;
Thanks for the reply! Im glad to have some community support! :)

Trent

Verified Member
Really good ideas, I've stayed with water for a very long time, waterarms was the only thing that was able to give waterbenders a fighting chance if they took to the land before really because plants were tedious to keep selecting and stuff. With this, you can do a lot more! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.