• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbending Rework - Sourcing and Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiam

Verified Member
To add on to this, what if whenever we choose a source block for a move, we can change slots but the source can still be used for other moves and if we already have a move initiated (like holding Torrent), we could turn it into a WaterWave? Example- You click at a block of water while on the slot for Torrent> Hold sneak with Torrent> Switch slots to WaterSpout while still holding the Torrent> Let go of sneak and Torrent turns into a WaterWave.

OR

(Not sure if this is possible) Click at block of water with Torrent> Hold sneak with Torrent> Switch to slot for WaterManipulation (or similar moves)> click to shoot several blasts up to a configurable limit and the Torrent ring goes away.

I don't think I'm the first to mention this but I thought it would be good to point out.
Both of the things you just said are already included in the original post...

Kiam

Verified Member
Very detailed and interesting ideas. I would like this to be implemented especially because I feel that waterbenders are very difficult to play as, on land. +1
Thank you! ^.^ I agree and thats why I made this post

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Very detailed and interesting ideas. I would like this to be implemented especially because I feel that waterbenders are very difficult to play as, on land. +1
Pshhhhhh,,, only +1? more like +sin(π/6)*[√4]+(3!)^2 - (46,656)^(1/3)

ashe36

Verified Member
I'm thinking that after probably 3 changes in the move, the source would deplete. Like if you went from watershield to the moving one (can't remember what it's called) and then to torrent, you couldn't switch to another, you'd have to get another source.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm thinking that after probably 3 changes in the move, the source would deplete. Like if you went from watershield to the moving one (can't remember what it's called) and then to torrent, you couldn't switch to another, you'd have to get another source.
Omg a Concept Designer doesn't know a move name!! The world will now implode

Kiam

Verified Member
and then to torrent, you couldn't switch to another, you'd have to get another source.
Eh, I think that as long as the water isnt used up in a way (like torrent and watermanipulation) then you shouldnt lose any of it o.o

Kiam

Verified Member
Eh, I think that as long as the water isnt used up in a way (like torrent and watermanipulation) then you shouldnt lose any of it o.o
However, I think to help balance it, perhaps a configurable amount of different active source changes it can go through?

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
I can't think of anything constructive to say with all this amazement blocking normal human thoughts but I have to say something nice about it so... *breathes heavily as I look through my flashcards like a nervous Asian in front of a crowd* *readjusts glasses* *clears throat, then takes initial breath* "Yes." *Passes out on the floor*

V

Vidcom

I feel a note of sarcasm so is the answer +1 ?
The answer breaks down as thus

sin(pi/6)*sqrt(4) + (3!)^2 - (46,656)^1/3

If we break this down, this is easier backwards

46,656^1/3. This means 46,656 to the power of 1/3, which is the same as the cube root. The cube root of 46,656 is 36

(3!)^2. To those unfamiliar with the ! symbol, it means factorial, which is multiplying it by all previous numbers. So, 3! = 1*2*3 = 6. 6^2 is 6 squared, this is 36

sin(pi/6)*sqrt(4) = 0.5*2 = 1

So this all means 1+36-36 = 1

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

46,656^1/3. This means 46,656 to the power of 1/3, which is the same as the cube root. The cube root of 46,656 is 36

(3!)^2. To those unfamiliar with the ! symbol, it means factorial, which is multiplying it by all previous numbers. So, 3! = 1*2*3 = 6. 6^2 is 6 squared, this is 36

Am I the only who gets it/who could have done that too ?

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer

Yup~ it was a joke get it... cause... cause... I said +1 wasn't good enough... but it's +1 anyways... heh... heheh...

Status
Not open for further replies.