• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

TLA>PK, bring TLA back.

Well then that goes to show how popular the supposedly "superior" plugin is. All the servers closed because PK outperformed it.
That's because TLA isn't compatible with 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10, compatible with 1.6.2... PK only came around because the developer stopped working on TLA and it eventually die out because outdated with versions people were using.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Maybe we should look to why development of TLA stoppwd and why PK flourished. Cause I don't know why they stopped developing it.

I think nobody has access to even check its api and do everything that involves coding - which why I think Mist started this project as in a new plugin, as he couldn't do a thing because he wasn't the one who developt it on its own (althought I did here a claim that he partnered with Orion).

Moonelight

Some quotes I agree with:
Well, anyways what I am asking is for somebody to update the TLA plugin to the currently used versions of Minecraft (1.8, 1.9, 1.10)
Hehe, trying to revamp such an old plugin is like trying to cook 3 year old meat.

Besides, I don't even know if we can legally give out his work under our name.
depends on the person really, some people prefer tla some prefer pk
ProjectKorra, right now, is pretty similar to Orion. That is if you don't count the abilities & structure we have added. From my view it seems to be that the opinions come down to which name you prefer (ATLA / ProjectKorra). There really is no need to even begin a argument over any of this, if you want an updated ATLA plugin you will need to contact other developers outside of ProjectKorra. That's what you should of done in the first place. This is ProjectKorra, not ATLA, and we won't be adding this to the list of things to do.

I can respect your want for the plugin to be updated, who wouldn't love to go back in time and enjoy the beginning of any era (even if it isn't related to the Avatar series)? But this is just not the right place to ask for such a thing. Let's not have beef, let's have fun!

:)

xNuminousx

When not to tag:
- When you open a new thread and you want people to see it. Believe it or not, there is a place to check for new posts and new posts automatically show in bold. You don't have to point them out to anyone. If you post a suggestion and then go on to tag every Concept Designer it is not only irritating (because of the email they get every time they are tagged), but it's also repetitive. Concept Designers are already required to go through suggestions on a daily basis. Someone will see your thread -- you don't have to tag them.

Loony

Don't demand a service yet insult those who provide it to you. If you were the slightest bit observant, you would see that Project Korra IS TLA - except updated. We took the TLA plugin, updated it and improved / made additions along the way. Do you honestly believe that if Orion never stopped developing the plugin that things would be exactly the same? He changed things quite often in the plugin and if you don't believe me, go look at his change logs.

The majority of the things you said you disliked about Project Korra isn't due to Project Korra - it's how servers are set up. Cooldown's, addons, etc. Go complain to them, not us.

I'm soooo sick of people claiming that TLA completely trumps Project Korra. All that is is the nostalgia from when you first started bending - that's all. People gained the same nostalgia value when we introduced new moves and combos, I myself remember using Flight with my friend having a good old laugh being like "oh you wanna raid me? LET GO OF MY EARTHLY TETHER BRB" - this nostalgia will be created again in the next version when we add new stuff.

The fact that anyone has the audacity to say TLA trumps Project Korra is beyond me. We've added so much that overall improves the plugin and makes it more diverse, like combos, new moves, addons etc. Not to mention all the improvements in the code that has been done to make bending not make a server die whenever somebody uses Torrent on a full moon lmao.

You aren't wanting a bending plugin it seems, because what we offer is the ability to bend (which in the show was completely diverse) in many different ways, giving you many different styles and even utility moves to enjoy bending with survival. You claim you prefer TLA with its lacklustre moves, laggy code and overall unbalanced elements but I bet if you actually went back and compared you would change your mind. Stop insulting all the hard work that goes into this project - if you prefer TLA then set up your own 1.7 (or was it 1.6?) server. It will do well since of all the people that miss TLA, right? Good luck.

Loony

Oh, and P.S - Black Ops 1 servers are "booming" because of zombie nostalgia. If you were a zombies player you would understand that yourself.

Oh, and P.S - Black Ops 1 servers are "booming" because of zombie nostalgia. If you were a zombies player you would understand that yourself.
and if you played with tla extensively then you would know too

its not something that can be explained- tla is laggy and buggy, and glitchy but some people still prefer it

TLA completely trumps Project Korra.
we have to build a wall

Loony

and if you played with tla extensively then you would know too

its not something that can be explained- tla is laggy and buggy, and glitchy but some people still prefer it

we have to build a wall
I did play TLA and yeah there was nostalgia value which I miss due to me not really enjoying playing the survival aspects of Minecraft anymore but I remember how buggy / laggy / unplayable it was, I don't think other people do lmao.

Plus, I know what's to come for Project Korra so the hype beats out the nostalgia in this case.

Kiam

I played on TLA for 2-3 years before PK came. As soon as Mist came to me asking for server endorsement I was one of the first ones to say yes! We've built so much upon the basis of TLA. It's a thread of improvement and change. There's so much we've done, and still so much potential.

we have to build a wall
- Trump: Korra!
*She enters the avatarstate and proceeds to raiseeath
- Mexicans: :(
Nostalgia - nothing surprising about that.
Pretty sure you could modify project korra to act almost identical to orions plugin just by messing with the config...?
Why did we moved to ProjectKorra then? Couldn't they/we/you continue on that plugin but changed the name into this one?

Last edited: