• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

TLA>PK, bring TLA back.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
I can that what you said, isn't considerated spamming. To clarify for you, spamming means when you used the same ability over and over again. I myself wouldn't say that stragedy can be used in spamming.

For instance, If I and my opponent was in a pvp arena, and he was swinging/slaying sword around at me. Me and him retreats back to the safe zone. He tries to "think of a good
Actually if you've ever played TLA you would know that this is completely wrong, there was side hitting cause blocking was so easy in TLA there was storming where you could get a huge mass of manipulations or whatever and storm it at your opponent to overwhelm them, fire was dependent on great aim where prediction played a huge role. Air was untouchable if you were good blasting everywhere using suction and blast to throw of your opponent. There was strategy used in TLA though mostly simple, you had to master what you had to improve yourself. And using PVP is a terrible analogy YES PvP requires strategy, rods, click speed, strafing strats, flint and steels, and aim. Everybody hates spam but it's supposed to be what bending is about, the CORE moves. Also, auto sourcing (dynamic sourcing) wasn't a thing so you would have to look at your source to use your ability.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Actually if you've ever played TLA you would know that this is completely wrong, there was side hitting cause blocking was so easy in TLA there was storming where you could get a huge mass of manipulations or whatever and storm it at your opponent to overwhelm them, fire was dependent on great aim where prediction played a huge role. Air was untouchable if you were good blasting everywhere using suction and blast to throw of your opponent. There was strategy used in TLA though mostly simple, you had to master what you had to improve yourself. And using PVP is a terrible analogy YES PvP requires strategy, rods, click speed, strafing strats, flint and steels, and aim. Everybody hates spam but it's supposed to be what bending is about, the CORE moves. Also, auto sourcing (dynamic sourcing) wasn't a thing so you would have to look at your source to use your ability.
Do you know the definition of spamming, If I might ask again? Spamming fireblast again and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.. <<< THAT isn't strategic in any way. Yes I have played TLA, but I don't really member its mechanics anymore.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
Ok this wasn't supposed to be an argument wether PK or TLA is better. This was just a request to some of the people at Project Korra to see if they would want to update the TLA plugin to currently used versions. Which in my opinion you guys should a lot of people loved TLA and its a shame to see its gone. I know, I know project Korra is an "updated" version of TLA, but there are some things that were removed from Project Korra that were in TLA. TLA It may seem like a useless project, but it's not it will bring back a ton of people who miss it. Please, bring back the original.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Make a vote pole, and you will see how many actual people wanna bring the old community back or would like to stick with PK.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
Make a vote pole, and you will see how many actual people wanna bring the old community back or would like to stick with PK.
Well, this is the Project Korra website, that vote will be pretty biased. Most of the TLA community is gone, so yeah, obviously the PK vote will win. I was hoping for an updated version of TLA to come out for 1.8-1.10 so the TLA community could come back.

Jwaffles04

Verified Member
The only thing I would admit is earth not having so many moves. Other than that PK is still better but TLA is good for nostalgic purposes

Chkirby

Verified Member
I agree completely with what the Project Korra developers have said. Updating an old and outdated plugin would be pointless and just add to their workload which is unneeded. Plus, I doubt with legal rights they could update the plugin as it is, and with the ability to configure things in this plugin it's pretty simple to edit to your liking, while I agree it's not exact it's better than using an old glitch plugin. It would also bring no gain to the current community and I highly doubt would encourage any old players to come back either, considering no one would be interested in playing an outdated plugin except for maybe a few months until it dies out fairly quickly. All in all I'd say Project Korra has done a good job with the plugin, most the issues talked about are within custom addons that are added at the will of the person running the server. I also think it's a matter of opinion whether PK or TLA is better, it's just which was enjoyed more with different reasoning. I'd have to say both are good for their own reasons but currently TLA no longer exists and does not receive updates anymore, Project Korra is expanding on these ideas the best they can with the majority of the community in mind, it is unfortunate that not every will be happy, but that's just how it goes. I think they have done a great job at giving everyone some sort of aspect to ease what they want.

Last edited:

Kiam

Verified Member
Ok this wasn't supposed to be an argument whether PK or TLA is better.
You obviously made it that way when you named a thread "TLA>PK."

We here at ProjectKorra are about making a plugin that creates a bending experience in Minecraft, or "bridging the gap between Avatar and Minecraft." Watch the show, look at how diverse and intuitive the bending was in the avatar universe. It was not a martial art reliant on repeated attacks and aim, it was reliant on technique and timing and application of certain techniques at certain times.

You're citing the "strategy" used in TLA, yet you only listed "Side-hitting" and "Placement." In PK, you have side-hitting and placement as well as cooldown budgeting and move patterns and diverse fighting styles that rely less on the use of one-three moves and now have endless capabilities. We've added combustion bending and lava bending and metal bending and plant bending. We've added so many amazing things such as combos and a modular addon system.

It seems like you're looking for a simple PvP system that allows you to use hand-eye coordination to win. TLA was that for you, and I'm sure you enjoyed it. However, now bending is much more about strategy and thought rather than just dexterity. This itself is even more accurate to the show, as the strongest, most agile people were not necessarily the best benders.

We will not be updating the outdated and stale TLA plugin just to make the diehard TLA fans happy. We are about progress and improvement, and that plugin is up to Orion to figure out.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
depends on the person really, some people prefer tla some prefer pk

the only major thing i dont like about pk is the addons, some of them are just straight up op, some are worse versions of other moves, and some are just too weak to even bother with

the problem is that server owners decide to use as many addons as possible because they think this gives them more players but all it does is it makes bending cancerous

also you may say pk reduces spamming but thats a big lie, most servers you go on the meta is to spam as many addons as fast as possible, so saying that pk is about "technique" is just stupid

tla was more of technique because you had to learn to use the limited number moves that you had to win fights, instead of spamming a bunch of addons hoping that the other person dies

then again that's just my opinion

xNuminousx

Verified Member
also you may say pk reduces spamming but thats a big lie, most servers you go on the meta is to spam as many addons as fast as possible, so saying that pk is about "technique" is just stupid
I disagree with this. As there a those amateur benders who just bind the most effective moves they can, I hardly ever see them and I can always kill them. All of the best benders I see have their own strategic placement for their binds. They have a coordinated attack that they use to weaken or bring their opponent down. Although, because of the server configuration you can't use the same method on every server. This is what I like about PK. Not every server is the same so you can find one that has a config that suits you or you can make your own. It adds variety that I really enjoy. Some servers have a bad config.... Really..... So just don't play on them. There are good servers out there, trust me. I know A LOT of really good benders out there and each and every one has strategic binds and coordinated attacks. It IS about technique. If you join a new bending server and think that you will be able to murder anyone, you are probably wrong. Every server is different and players have to adapt to it. They have to learn and find more strategic methods of combat. The diversity and opportunity of the plugin is what I love. I really don't like every server being the same, then there is no point on making more of them.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
Watch the show, look at how diverse and intuitive the bending was in the avatar universe. It was not a martial art reliant on repeated attacks and aim, it was reliant on technique and timing and application of certain techniques at certain times.
Oh gees, really? Pulling the "it's cannon" card? You think TLA doesn't require timing, lmao that's how you won against any element v fire, you timed your swipes or manipulations to cause the fireblast to combusts in the enemies face. You had to time your rushes and you blasts perfectly to throw the enemy off.
You're citing the "strategy" used in TLA, yet you only listed "Side-hitting" and "Placement." In PK, you have side-hitting and placement
Side hitting is no where near as effective as it was because the manipulation dissipates long before it gets to the enemy (on most server configs).
Placement is also nowhere near as effective as it was.

Kiam

Verified Member
You're still arguing yet you're ignoring the basic fact that this is not happening. We are not updating TLA. If you like TLA so much, you shouldn't be on our forums, you should be playing on a TLA server.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
You're still arguing yet you're ignoring the basic fact that this is not happening. We are not updating TLA. If you like TLA so much, you shouldn't be on our forums, you should be playing on a TLA server.
There are no TLA servers....