• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

TLA>PK, bring TLA back.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
TLA and PK are honestly 1 and the same. If you don't want to use all of these fancy moves that have been added use the original 9.
Here Ill even take the time and list them out for each element

Fireblast
Lightning
Firejet
FireShield
Blaze
HeatControl
Combustion
Illumination
Idk any more for fire ;3

Torrent
WaterManipulation
Octopusform
Surge
Phasechange
Waterspout
Iceblast
Waterbubble
Icespike

EarthBlast
EarthSmash
Catapult
Shockwave
EarthGrab
EarthTunnel
Tremorsense
EarthArmor
RaiseEarth
Collapse

AirSwipe
Airblast
Airbubble
tornado
Airspout
AirShield
AirBurst
Suffocate
AirSuction

Forgive me if I left some out or messed up on a few TLA is just a distant memory for me.

Loony

Verified Member
Combustion, IceBlast, EarthSmash and Suffocate are all Project Korra moves. The list got shorter lmao

Loony

Verified Member
Theres things like the eartharmor, catapult, lightning, redirecting, earthgrab that were different.
The only thing that's different in that list is Lightning.

Redirecting may be different? I don't know how it is different though.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The only thing that's different in that list is Lightning.

Redirecting may be different? I don't know how it is different though.
Lightning was the normal minecraft Lightning in TLA.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I guess nobody from the staff gonna update it... Thank God.

#pkFTW
================================================================================
Pretty sure you could modify project korra to act almost identical to orions plugin just by messing with the config...?
That's because TLA isn't compatible with 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10, compatible with 1.6.2... PK only came around because the developer stopped working on TLA and it eventually die out because outdated with versions people were using.
If jedk1 is right, anybody could have already made the TLA plugin up to date, but as far I see it - nobody has done it yet. Like how Kiam said, that shows how that plugin is not so superior unlike how you believed in it. Nobody gives a f#@* to it. TLA is over - PK rules now. It also shows that the TLA community had died out after projectkorra got its major improvement and support

Edit Never mind. Didn't finish reading jedk1 completely before I commented '_'

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
ProjectKorra started out with a bunch of people that started on the old TLA plugin. Our FOUNDER worked with Orion and decided to continue the plugin since Orion abandoned it and no longer released versions (he did have his own 1.7 version, but that was only on his own server which died).

he fact that you're saying "TLA" is better, is pretty counter-intuitive as this plugin is what a large majority of the 'TLA population' needed to keep going with bending. If you wanted to stay on good ole Minecraft 1.6 - you could still be running an 'authentic' TLA server, but nobody wants that.

In the end, your argument about Orion's plugin being better is just that -- an argument. If you want your server to be just like Orion's plugin, you can EASILY change your config to have the same 9 moves per element along with the damages that he had.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It sounds like TLA plugin would have eventually turned out like Pk is today, just under different ownership. Plugins need to change and become more advanced to keep being relevant. If this plugin never changed and was still the same as it was back in 2013-14 then it would die out because people get bored of playing the exact same thing with no hope of update or advancement. Pk is exciting cause you never know what they're going to do next.

Loony

Verified Member
It sounds like TLA plugin would have eventually turned out like Pk is today, just under different ownership. Plugins need to change and become more advanced to keep being relevant. If this plugin never changed and was still the same as it was back in 2013-14 then it would die out because people get bored of playing the exact same thing with no hope of update or advancement. Pk is exciting cause you never know what they're going to do next.
Next we're removing all moves and just having one ability per element

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Theres things like the eartharmor, catapult, lightning, redirecting, earthgrab that were different.
Eartharmor is exactly the same as the original eartharmor was... Orion's own server had a different earth armor with duration, if that's what you're thinking of.

Catapult's main change was that it allows movement when flying, which was to fix many bugs that came with the original mechanic which locked you in a line.

Lightning & Redirecting changed because the old lightning was ridiculously fake and didn't match up with what the show was. I do understand the sentiment for the old lightning, but it had to go.

What's different in earth grab? There's no different version of it even..

Loony

Verified Member
Eartharmor is exactly the same as the original eartharmor was... Orion's own server had a different earth armor with duration, if that's what you're thinking of.

Catapult's main change was that it allows movement when flying, which was to fix many bugs that came with the original mechanic which locked you in a line.

Lightning & Redirecting changed because the old lightning was ridiculously fake and didn't match up with what the show was. I do understand the sentiment for the old lightning, but it had to go.

What's different in earth grab? There's no different version of it even..
I honestly can't wait for 1.9.0 Core because all the changes will make people have a heart attack :D

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Hey guys, I wanna keep this straight forward. We have tried to keep PK as configurable and open as possible throughout the years so that server owners could alter the the plugin and tailor it to their liking. In fact, this is one of the things we pride ourselves on. We want you guys to be able to configure almost any aspect of the plugin and even add your abilities and content anytime with ease. Heck, you can even rewrite our stuff and override it if you want.

Because this is such an important part of what ProjectKorra is I have to ask, what have we missed? What are the aspects of TLA that are unattainable in ProjectKorra? What can we do to better ProjectKorra to let you recapture that nostalgic feeling of TLA?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey guys, I wanna keep this straight forward. We have tried to keep PK as configurable and open as possible throughout the years so that server owners could alter the the plugin and tailor it to their liking. In fact, this is one of the things we pride ourselves on. We want you guys to be able to configure almost any aspect of the plugin and even add your abilities and content anytime with ease. Heck, you can even rewrite our stuff and override it if you want.

Because this is such an important part of what ProjectKorra is I have to ask, what have we missed? What are the aspects of TLA that are unattainable in ProjectKorra? What can we do to better ProjectKorra to let you recapture that nostalgic feeling of TLA?
Omni the true pacifist