• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

REQUEST & ASK FOR ANY CUSTOM STUFF

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Stealing other people's code is against the resource rules so if someone's done that, please report them.
The addon the code was stolen from is not on this website, therefor it's allowed according to the website's rules. So not much you can do there I'm afraid.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well maybe we need a section for moves that need a second opinion and improvement
Make a thread in general discussions.

I thought about your feedback argument a bit more. Bullocks. If you have 5 abilities that are practically the same, you can upload 1, and get feedback. Because they're all the same, the advice applies to all. I understand if you want to upload something you made, and someone else already have a similar thing, you still upload it. You wanna compete with the other person. That's nice and fun, I don't really mind. But to upload multiple versions of your own things is ridiculous.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Make a thread in general discussions.

I thought about your feedback argument a bit more. Bullocks. If you have 5 abilities that are practically the same, you can upload 1, and get feedback. Because they're all the same, the advice applies to all. I understand if you want to upload something you made, and someone else already have a similar thing, you still upload it. You wanna compete with the other person. That's nice and fun, I don't really mind. But to upload multiple versions of your own things is ridiculous.
All im saying is that with adequate and advance references there would be less of that because ppl can make more types of moves.

Loony

Verified Member
The addon the code was stolen from is not on this website, therefor it's allowed according to the website's rules. So not much you can do there I'm afraid.
It's against the forum rules if you redistribute other people's code as your own. Report them.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
All im saying is that with adequate and advance references there would be less of that because ppl can make more types of moves.
"And with a magical application that records your voice and creates exactly what you want, that wouldn't happen either!". That's not the situation. There are no easy to copy resources available for only addon creation. If you actually knew what you were doing, you wouldn't need them. Assuming you do really want them, I'm gonna assume you don't know what you're doing when programming, therefor I assume you don't master a basic ability enough. When you have a good understanding of Vectors, Locations, Particles and TempBlocks you'll understand how to make more advanced abilities. Ability only tutorials only allow watchers to blindly copy+paste the code and yell "LOOK WHAT I MADE AAAALLLL BY MYSELF!". You have to do some work to create something impressive.

Proof of this is the fact I got many questions like "Please do a tutorial on how to make torrent" and "Please show how to make earthblast". That's the problem. In the tutorials, I made basic abilities. They were supposed to show you "This is how you move a location, play particles and damage entities". What the watchers understood was "This is how to make fireball" and that's it. They just copied it, they didn't understand the logic and code behind it. I had a video with how to make a a blast, how to select a source, and how to use tempblocks. If you combine the knowledge these videos should grant you, you'd be able to make EarthBlast. You won't find a tutorial to make EXACTLY what you want.

It comes down to the fact that with the correct mindset (something you ABSOLUTELY NEED for programming), you'll actually understand programming. And you'll understand, that all abilities use the same things. They all use Vectors, particles, temp blocks, locations. Once you understand those, you're able to make all abilities. Some with a little more struggle, but still all.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@NickC1211 On Discord, Mist just made a #programming channel. I recommend you join it, and ask any questions related to PK there. Me, as well as all other devs in there, can help you. Hope you'll continue learning and trying new things.
Discord link: https://discord.gg/eNy5ha

NickC1211

Verified Member
"And with a magical application that records your voice and creates exactly what you want, that wouldn't happen either!". That's not the situation. There are no easy to copy resources available for only addon creation. If you actually knew what you were doing, you wouldn't need them. Assuming you do really want them, I'm gonna assume you don't know what you're doing when programming, therefor I assume you don't master a basic ability enough. When you have a good understanding of Vectors, Locations, Particles and TempBlocks you'll understand how to make more advanced abilities. Ability only tutorials only allow watchers to blindly copy+paste the code and yell "LOOK WHAT I MADE AAAALLLL BY MYSELF!". You have to do some work to create something impressive.

Proof of this is the fact I got many questions like "Please do a tutorial on how to make torrent" and "Please show how to make earthblast". That's the problem. In the tutorials, I made basic abilities. They were supposed to show you "This is how you move a location, play particles and damage entities". What the watchers understood was "This is how to make fireball" and that's it. They just copied it, they didn't understand the logic and code behind it. I had a video with how to make a a blast, how to select a source, and how to use tempblocks. If you combine the knowledge these videos should grant you, you'd be able to make EarthBlast. You won't find a tutorial to make EXACTLY what you want.

It comes down to the fact that with the correct mindset (something you ABSOLUTELY NEED for programming), you'll actually understand programming. And you'll understand, that all abilities use the same things. They all use Vectors, particles, temp blocks, locations. Once you understand those, you're able to make all abilities. Some with a little more struggle, but still all.
I do have a basic understanding but it helped that there was a basic tutorial that I could build off of. If you are copying directly from a tutorial that's wrong and plagiarism. Some ppl however just use is as a building block. I'm not gonna argue you clearly think I'm lazy and "want to take the easy way out".

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Which you can find anywhere on the internet by simply looking through how spigot plugin can be build. Again, learning how to make PK stuff isn't hard when you grasp Spigot and Java. Finn just making a point that recent addon developers just plain copied literally everything.

tetrisd

Verified Member
can someone create guns for bending? i was thinking guns like M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, etc and RPG launchers, sniper rifles, etc etc

it could be for non-benders

EDIT: oo how about a flamethrower

xNuminousx

Verified Member
We don't need any of those things. What we need are bombs and missiles.... Like a MOAB and some homing missiles.... it'll be lit! Literally

JettMC

Verified Member
:333 DoubleStrike!!! It is the ability to shoot 2 blue lightnings from your hands! Hold shift for 2 seconds, then leftclick twice, and ...... TSHRRRTSSSS!!!!!

:333 Do it :3

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
ChiBreath would be amazing... jk.

An earthbending combo, that creates 5x6x5 pillar. Benefit from that would be is like defending your friends by asdenting friends away from danger. (Catapult (hold sneak) >RaiseEarth (let go) > Catapult (left click))

OctopusForm retweak, that makes it more useful.

HighJump retweak. Doubling tapping space (If not possible: snek) to make double jump, whilst WASD thrust you in respective direction. Basically, AirJump - but making you catapult slighty before dashing towards a specific direction.

Elias

Verified Member
In an older version of ProjectKorra Finn made a really dope version of IceSpike. I'd like to see something like that but with earth sources instead. I had a gif somewhere of when I sloppily tried to animate it but I don't know what I did with it.

It'd work exactly the same and I'd go as far as to say it'd realize the EarthSpike dream I had