• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

REQUEST & ASK FOR ANY CUSTOM STUFF

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nobody's looking down at anyone and nobody's even mentioning the quality of their code, it's more about the quality of the concept and effort.
I have mentioned the "quality" of the code, but only in the way of stealing someone's code. That is, to me, 10 times worse than a poor concept or poor execution.

Ik you're busy with other things but having videos like that as a reference would allow for more advanced moves.
People would just copy the tutorial, change a few things, and still not understand a thing. If you're really stuck on something, just ask someone. If you know your Java, you'll be helped.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not the code but it has been mentioned that all the moves seem the same with just a little difference. That's probably because they know the basics and are doing what they can with that little bit of knowledge.
Don't. Just keep practicing but keep your practice abilities to yourself.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I have mentioned the "quality" of the code, but only in the way of stealing someone's code. That is, to me, 10 times worse than a poor concept or poor execution.

People would just copy the tutorial, change a few things, and still not understand a thing. If you're really stuck on something, just ask someone. If you know your Java, you'll be helped.
Trust me I have asked plenty of ppl many questions but at this point I just feel like I'm pestering them and wish there was another source I could use.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Trust me I have asked plenty of ppl many questions but at this point I just feel like I'm pestering them and wish there was another source I could use.
If you know what you're talking about, and are able to understand a "codey" explanation, you should be good to go. You have to 100% understand a very basic ability before you can move on to a more advanced one. Every single bit. Each character. Before that, no advancing.

EDIT: In fact, just send a PM on discord right now, I'll see about your questions. Finn_Bueno_#8032

NickC1211

Verified Member
If you know what you're talking about, and are able to understand a "codey" explanation, you should be good to go. You have to 100% understand a very basic ability before you can move on to a more advanced one. Every single bit. Each character. Before that, no advancing.
I can but there's still things I can't figure out. You really have to look back on this like someone who is just starting, cuz ik you weren't born being able to code.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I can but there's still things I can't figure out. You really have to look back on this like someone who is just starting, cuz ik you weren't born being able to code.
I do. I never uploaded 10 copies of a move I made. I didn't upload anything I wasn't capable of doing. Sure bugs popped up more often, but that's something that is bound to happen when you're just starting.

I started with a single command plugin. I moved on to a move that gives you an item. Then I made something that shoots a blast of particles. Then moving the user. These things are all basic on the same level, yet very different. And believe me, if you would 100% understand how to make a blast of particles move in a direction, you'd also understand how to move a player, since they are essentially the same thing.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's normal. When it comes to hobbies, some things are easy for some while for others it isn't. Eventually you'll figure out, If you keep the pation and effort going.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would prefer to just put the download there it's a lot easier
Stealing is also easier than working, yet not everyone does it. You being lazy is not an excuse.

If you want feedback, go to the shoutbox or discord. It's that easy. When uploading content to a community, try to actually contribute something useful, not just your practice stuff. I've never uploaded my "PlantBlast", "FireDrill", "WaterJet", "MotorBike" abilities either. PlantBlast and FireDrill are simply AirPunch copies. MotorBike and WaterJet are EarthRide copies. I made them to practice, not to contribute to this community. Neither should you.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Stealing is also easier than working, yet not everyone does it. You being lazy is not an excuse.

If you want feedback, go to the shoutbox or discord. It's that easy. When uploading content to a community, try to actually contribute something useful, not just your practice stuff. I've never uploaded my "PlantBlast", "FireDrill", "WaterJet", "MotorBike" abilities either. PlantBlast and FireDrill are simply AirPunch copies. MotorBike and WaterJet are EarthRide copies. I made them to practice, not to contribute to this community. Neither should you.
Well it's also a lot more efficient to have someone be able to use the move themselves as someone who doesn't know how it works. I'm not just trying to get out of work.

Loony

Verified Member

Not really commenting on someone's poor code either though, that's just commenting on the plagiarism.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well it's also a lot more efficient to have someone be able to use the move themselves as someone who doesn't know how it works. I'm not just trying to get out of work.
Those are all your personal things. This place isn't your practice place. It's for servers to download quality addons to improve their server. You can continue the discussion in the shoutbox or discord, doing it here doesn't work.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Those are all your personal things. This place isn't your practice place. It's for servers to download quality addons to improve their server. You can continue the discussion in the shoutbox or discord, doing it here doesn't work.
Oh my bad for thinking this is a community and that people actually want to help you.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh my bad for thinking this is a community and that people actually want to help you.
It is, and they do. I do too, I encourage you to continue learning more. Heck, I'll even show you code of certain abilities to help you learn if you want. However, the addon section is not the place to do get feedback.

Loony

Verified Member

Stealing other people's code is against the resource rules so if someone's done that, please report them.