• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

REQUEST & ASK FOR ANY CUSTOM STUFF

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think new abilities and side plugins can improve the quality. A few have revolutionize the bending. Take earthsmash, waterarms and PKcombomoduleAPI. They have drastically change, some in bad and some in good ways. We wouldn't be able to fly around so freely and position our defense however we want If it weren't for earthsmash. Waterbenders would still be slower, unable to grab and pull their opponents If waterarms weren't there to provide those options.

Last edited:

Gareth Swan

Verified Member
To be honest I'm working on my own version of Spirits, as I got you to test even though for some reason Light stopped. I think that I could combine them altogether under one plugin and release that if it was permitted, but I doubt it would seeming as PK haven't released their own version of Spirits yet

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
To be honest I have a lot of addon abilities created. A lot for water and chi and a few for earth. I would upload them but I'd probably get criticised in relation to how canon it is
If you are unsure, you can just share with us what the ability is all about and we can clear out if it has relation to canon.

When it comes to "canon" word, it doesn't mean it has to be a strict copy of what the show provide. Just something you can base it off and doesn't make you question "have I ever seen something that would suggest this is slighty possible through what I picked from the evidence".

Allowing a normal bender or a chi blocker shoot energy/beam doesn't add up, because only we only seen avatars doing those type of short of things. On the other hand, things like EarthKick and FireDragon add up, since it's obviously enough their bending what they respectively should.

Last edited:

Gareth Swan

Verified Member
Okay so I got Dark and Light mostly setup. Dark and Light both share Light Beam/Dark Beam. They both share Light Blast/Dark Blast. I'm gonna add one where it sort of fires from the users chest to sort of resemble Korra and Dark Unalaq's fight where the two beams are fired at each other in Republic City. Light has an ability to create particles around the user giving 2 minutes of night vision while Dark has an ability im yet to name that shoots a spiralling beam of particles that does damage, sets the hit target on fire and gives them poison for 10 seconds

Loony

Verified Member
It's not that they don't care, it's that generally the addon developers aren't experienced enough to make something too complex; so they stay simple.
You can make simple abilities that are canon lol. Besides, the addons that are being uploaded that aren't canon aren't really that simple.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Maybe if some of you expert developers would stop looking down on newcomers and make adequate tutorials to teach them to make moves other than the basic, we would see more diversity in the downloads. Now don't @ me but with the lack of resources teaching ppl to make addon im impressed they've gotten this far.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Maybe if some of you expert developers would stop looking down on newcomers and make adequate tutorials to teach them to make moves other than the basic, we would see more diversity in the downloads. Now don't @ me but with the lack of resources teaching ppl to make addon sim impressed they've gotten this far.
You don't need tutorials if you know what you're doing programming wise in general. There are the javadocs. You missed the whole discussion regarding shit addons, so please don't try to get into it now.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Maybe if some of you expert developers would stop looking down on newcomers and make adequate tutorials to teach them to make moves other than the basic, we would see more diversity in the downloads. Now don't @ me but with the lack of resources teaching ppl to make addon sim impressed they've gotten this far.
You really don't need PK tutorials to learn how to make more moves, other than the basic one's. All you need is to learn JAVA and SPIGOTAPI, ask a question or two If some confusion occurs and you good to go. Learning how to create custom abilities isn't a rare talent or skill to learn how to do stuff, after you have learn the first two things I suggest of learning.

If you wanna compete and win a horse racing match, you aren't just gonna jump onto horse for the first even DURING the match.

NickC1211

Verified Member
You don't need tutorials if you know what you're doing programming wise in general. There are the javadocs. You missed the whole discussion regarding shit addons, so please don't try to get into it now.
I'm gonna get in it now because I would like to make more moves but am not skilled enough.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh I've looked at those that's what I'm saying it doesn't go more in depth than the basic
The basics is all you need. The other stuff you need isn't really ProjectKorra stuff. Moving a location, spawning particles, etc is all spigot stuff. There are loads of tutorials. You just need a general understanding of Spigot.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm gonna get in it now because I would like to make more moves but am not skilled enough.
Great, keep on learning. Don't upload until you can produce anything good really. It'll only hurt your reputation as a future developer.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Thanks, I've removed them from the public view because they are outdated. I'm not planning on remaking them anytime soon though.
Ik you're busy with other things but having videos like that as a reference would allow for more advanced moves.

Loony

Verified Member
Maybe if some of you expert developers would stop looking down on newcomers and make adequate tutorials to teach them to make moves other than the basic, we would see more diversity in the downloads. Now don't @ me but with the lack of resources teaching ppl to make addon im impressed they've gotten this far.
Nobody's looking down at anyone and nobody's even mentioning the quality of their code, it's more about the quality of the concept and effort.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Nobody's looking down at anyone and nobody's even mentioning the quality of their code, it's more about the quality of the concept and effort.
Not the code but it has been mentioned that all the moves seem the same with just a little difference. That's probably because they know the basics and are doing what they can with that little bit of knowledge.