• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Part of JedCore] MetalHook [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mage_x

Verified Member
I like it but i feel like it shouldhave been made more like water arms having an attack grapple and pull mode

Sorin

Verified Member
any chance you could add a config option for which armors have this ability as iron armor is actualy firebending armor using my servers texture pack haha chain armor is my metalbending one :eek::eek::eek: please
I would love this idea as well

Aceliip

Verified Member
I think it's fine the way it is, using this move is damn useful I wish I had it sooner but I'm just so happy i have it now none the less. Grappling around in caves and deep underground fissures is really fun and prevents me from falling into the damn lava below. also if u do it right it slows ur fall down by alot getting a slight feeling of airglide but u can spam it to walk around like your on stilts XD.

Aceliip

Verified Member
the only thing i could think of to add to this move is 1. the ability to use 2 cables at a time like the republic city policemen and/or 2. when u hit an entity besides hurting them maybe wrap them up so u can pull them too you?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like the ability, but I have a suggestion. When you click for the second time (to pull yourself), maybe add a shift function. When you hold shift, you stop going towards the arrow, until you releas shift. This would be very useful to sneak attack fot example :)

Carbogen

Verified Member
the only thing i could think of to add to this move is 1. the ability to use 2 cables at a time like the republic city policemen and/or 2. when u hit an entity besides hurting them maybe wrap them up so u can pull them too you?
I was originally going to do that but then realized how complicated the use of this ability would be. You can't catch a right-click on an air block, so that's not an option. All we have that we can work with is left-click and sneaking, but sneaking can cause you to stick to a block preventing you from being pulled. It's all quite complicated, sorry! That said, if you have an idea as to how this would work I'd love to hear it! :)

I like the ability, but I have a suggestion. When you click for the second time (to pull yourself), maybe add a shift function. When you hold shift, you stop going towards the arrow, until you releas shift. This would be very useful to sneak attack fot example :)
There is already a sneak function with MetalHook. While holding shift, you will stay in place once you reach the arrow. This was designed specifically for sneak attacks ;) I personally really loved how the Dai Li, although not metalbenders, would drop from the ceiling and surround their enemies.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Carbogen submitted a new resource:

MetalHook - The better grappling hook.

Read more about this resource...
last update was awesome i was thinking tho, is there a way to swing like spiderman?(or stopping midway in the air with the grapple? n maybe like press frward to start swinging forward , back ato swing backwards etc and maybe a way to grab and move people in a certain direction?) :p like they did when breaking the family out of kurviras prison :eek::eek: that would be sweet and i had an idea for a new move called stablize (excuse the spelling) where someone is stood in line with a falling player and would catch them (be mounted by the falling player) preventing fall damage :O??

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
last update was awesome i was thinking tho, is there a way to swing like spiderman? :p sorry for the referance didnt know what else to compare it to :D:D amazing move, you guys should be very proud :D
i also downloaded a new plugin that gave me a grappling hook (SlimeFun), it used the fishing line for the actual line and an arrow for the grapple, is there any chance of a config option for the use of the fishing line instead of particles? :eek:
and also maybe a way to disconnect the line in mid air and redeploy it within a cooldown limit? if this could be implimented that would be awesome :D:D if not its still a aweome move

jedk1

i also downloaded a new plugin that gave me a grappling hook (SlimeFun), it used the fishing line for the actual line and an arrow for the grapple, is there any chance of a config option for the use of the fishing line instead of particles? :eek:
and also maybe a way to disconnect the line in mid air and redeploy it within a cooldown limit? if this could be implimented that would be awesome :D:D if not its still a aweome move
does that require you to hold a fishing rod while using it? if not can you pm me a link to this plugin?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
does that require you to hold a fishing rod while using it? if not can you pm me a link to this plugin?
you dont use a fishing rod but you do hold a lead in your hand for it ill pm u the link to it aan u can check it out it needs some major adjusting obv but yeah
*edit* the item is also adjustable, meaning you could use anything as the grapple not just the lead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.