• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
My last thread that is copy of thread (didn't realize it was) got denied, so I'll be posting my own details in here on how I think Water Blade should be, for those who are interested in seeing. Original poster can also take and put them in the original post, so I'm giving him full permission to do so:
Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris, Sunday at 8:12 PM

Last edited: Sunday at 8:19 PM

Pool Version

• Travel across water only
  • It expands in hight as it goes further in distance
    • maximum of 12 blocks high and default Surge's range
  • Deals damage (<3<3) and cuts projectiles, i.e. disinatring them
    • Hits multiple targets like surge, however it's a balance version in terms of size (1x1 thin) - with the potential of hitting multiple targetsthat are lined up straight in front ofthe users sight
  • 15s. Cooldown
  • It flows like torrent's stream
*gifs soon* (demonstrated by Roku and Aang)

Land/Bottle Version
  • Travel across anywhere, but the user must be standing on something solid
  • Maximum of 5 blocks and default surge's distaance
  • 7s Cooldown.
  • It flies like surge's wave.
  • Everything else from the Pool version that I didn't include
Actually I had a combo in mind, but forgot to type them in.

Pool version will have: Surge (sneak) 》Surge (sneak) 》Water Manipulation (lmb) 》Watermanipulation (lmb)

With bottles/sourcing, you create a shield with Surge and while still holding sneak, switch to watermanipulation and left click (twice shorter combo)

Regarding with people thinking this being a watercamping move-- yes it is, but it's the least annoying you'll ever find: it goes above water not under (potential when you're attacking swimmers and ice 'skaters').

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Muchless this is basically a verticle offensive mode, just an airblade for water if you had to ask me, which isn't something any element really needs.
I see it as an watermanipulation but surge height-big, that hits multiple targets at different height positions. Just look at it as surge's hitbox, but not that of a width one.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I see a flaw in few screenshots you made: It's cleary photo edited and I'm certain its impossible to make semi/angled downside facing water block, since there is no such block in minecraft (pretty sure), which is why you edited that photo with paint-ish program.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
I see a flaw in few screenshots you made: It's cleary photo edited and I'm certain its impossible to make semi/angled downside facing water block, since there is no such block in minecraft (pretty sure), which is why you edited that photo with paint-ish program.
Yep haha i thought it isn't possible that it could be inverted. It'll have to remain sticked to the ground. XD my editing abilities are not so good haha

Tarrloq

Verified Member
My last thread that is copy of thread (didn't realize it was) got denied, so I'll be posting my own details in here on how I think Water Blade should be, for those who are interested in seeing. Original poster can also take and put them in the original post, so I'm giving him full permission to do so:
Together you and I we will have the most amazing move of PK (insert voice of desperate azula, beach episode) xD

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I see it as an watermanipulation but surge height-big, that hits multiple targets at different height positions. Just look at it as surge's hitbox, but not that of a width one.
Fancy. It can hit multiple people because it's vertical. That's not really something different, much less worth making a whole move based off of it. With enough editing, it could be able to distinct itself from the rest of the waterbending moves.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Which is why torrent is surge 2.0 right now, making in relevant to your argument. Speaking of torrent, it kinda already does what this water blade do - it can hit multiple target as well. The only lousy excuse I have for waterblade to exist - it can easily hit all people and those that are standing in its height's hitbox.

I'm thinking it could cut obstancles, such as destroying blocks in its path (I think there was a gif of Tarrlok destroying a shelf). Other then that, I can't think of any other feature this technique could have.

Possible add-on: if the user shifts when the water blade is moving, it switches to a horizontal position, to hit multiple targets.
I think that should work before it moves, because it would be too far for a bender to bend the water that is already sent away.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Which is why torrent is surge 2.0 right now, making in relevant to your argument. Speaking of torrent, it kinda already does what this water blade do - it can hit multiple target as well. The only lousy excuse I have for waterblade to exist - it can easily hit all people and those that are standing in its height's hitbox.

I'm thinking it could cut obstancles, such as destroying blocks in its path (I think there was a gif of Tarrlok destroying a shelf). Other then that, I can't think of any other feature this technique could have.

I think that should work before it moves, because it would be too far for a bender to bend the water that is already sent away.
Well torrent is guidable, has a spinning animation that can be used as a very minor defense, it can be released as a wall of water around you, and it can create icespheres without needing an entity. I wouldn't call torrent a surge 2.0 as much as you can say that they both share one similar feature, because both are two seperate moves with features that can be used for similar purposes, as well as for other purposes.

As for waterblade being made into a horizontal blade, I don't think it should be able to do that if it's made to be like Tarrlok's Highspeed Blade that's mainly used for a fast assault.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Thinking this through, I believe that it destroying blocks would make it useful; right now there is no technique for waterbenders that allow one to break blocks.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Thinking this through, I believe that it destroying blocks would make it useful; right now there is no technique for waterbenders that allow one to break blocks.
But adding one very bland combat move with the excuse that it can break blocks isn't exactly right. Just have moves like surge and torrent do so.

I find it funny that people push for this because it could possibly break blocks, even though it's just a combat move for water. Let's say if this was proposed for Fire to have a move that does damage to blocks in a line, now that'd be a different story.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But adding one very bland combat move with the excuse that it can break blocks isn't exactly right. Just have moves like surge and torrent do so.
Why not? Surge would be pretty op If it break blocks, torrent maybe. Original post did not mention the attribute of the technique breaking blocks, as I recall. I can why you think this isn't a worth of a bind, and I do think so as well. I just think it looks like and I want it to improve it somehow, so this wouldn't died out.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Torrent in my opinion should break blocks, Have you seen how Hama sliced that bolder using the water from the fire lilies

Status
Not open for further replies.