• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well we don't need water move 1, 2, and 3 just doing damage. We don't need the jedcore syndrome in which we have 4 different moves that do one thing: damage the person and you just spam them using your 3 - 4 moves that do damage while looking slightly different
By that similar logic, Most waterbending moves are just moving water towards an attacker, either immobilizing them, damaging them or both. So we should not suggest more moves that do damage?

NickC1211

Verified Member
dont give me that crap. This is not needed at all.
Well that was a little rude none of the moves are really needed we could have just watermanipulation and bam that's waterbending nothing else needed but you want other moves right. Yes it does add diversity what you talking about. I get that genius is in simplicity thing but I like to have a big arsenal of moves to choose for my binds.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Well that was a little rude none of the moves are really needed we could have just watermanipulation and bam that's waterbending nothing else needed but you want other moves right. Yes it does add diversity what you talking about. I get that genius is in simplicity thing but I like to have a big arsenal of moves to choose for my binds.
Not really.

You're trying to make bending like jedcore, aren't you... Having so many moves to just use them all one after another. You should be smart and be using the moves already given. Having moves like airswipe airsweep airblade airpunch sonicblast airbreath makes it possible for someone to just run up to people and just go through all their moves to kill someone. That is not ok.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not really.

You're trying to make bending like jedcore, aren't you... Having so many moves to just use them all one after another. You should be smart and be using the moves already given. Having moves like airswipe airsweep airblade airpunch sonicblast airbreath makes it possible for someone to just run up to people and just go through all their moves to kill someone. That is not ok.
Bryan although I do agree with this statement it could drive people the wrong way. He is trying to say that, we don't want 30000 different moves that do the same thing so when you come up to someone you can just cycle through all of them and win. He isn't saying don't make suggestions, he is suggesting you make suggestions on moves that are already there.

I hope I translated what he said correctly.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
This describes bending right now PERFECTLY. Especially for water.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Please. Water is actually good for once. Even with jedcore. Its not just variations of the same attack.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Funny enough, I posted exact same thing with exact name before looking into this post. Didn't read it complety, but I do see potential in our both moves: you send a horizontal slash that hits multiple targets not just in one straight line like torrent, but those who are standing in same block point but at different heights. It certain has that one detailed that makes worth it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sorry for double post, writing this on a table. Now to end the "x being y / 1 2 and 3", look at this way: we could have 127 watermanipulation with the difference of looks. Here is what will happen:
A) Somebody said it, but with every "useful" new watermanipulation it will make more longer to proceed and load the move/plugin for the server with every £ second
B)Put unnecessary work for devs to make these "useful" stuff, adding to my sarcasm it will give more "fun" to make these thousands w.manip. for a year
C) Adding to my A) point - A FREAKING LONG /B D MENU. Why do you like scrolling through these long lists?

I have nothing against Waterblade, because like I said I do find a potential in it. This goes to other suggestion such as the one as Tsunami that I seen recently denied (and with that one in mind - copies that are op variations are also NOT ok).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
During a full moon there is no cooldown and the slowness debuff is change for a poison debuff that lasts 1-2 seconds (bleeding)(up to debate due to possible OP, though a waterbender is suppossed to be stronger during a full mooon).
Possible add-on: if the user shifts when the water blade is moving, it switches to a horizontal positi
Realisticly, all things should bleed someone to death. Let it be earthblast stabbing soneone with its sharp ang

SuperBower118

Verified Member
People always mistake icespike for the giant (and quite over exaggerated) Ice Spikes shown in LoK of S2. What icespike REALLY is based off of is the icicle that Katara threw at Aang when they were training in a pond in S2.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
Funny enough, I posted exact same thing with exact name before looking into this post. Didn't read it complety, but I do see potential in our both moves: you send a horizontal slash that hits multiple targets not just in one straight line like torrent, but those who are standing in same block point but at different heights. It certain has that one detailed that makes worth it.
You're awesome, thanks for reading. Yes i do see this as a variant to a determined move or even a combo dk.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
People always mistake icespike for the giant (and quite over exaggerated) Ice Spikes shown in LoK of S2. What icespike REALLY is based off of is the icicle that Katara threw at Aang when they were training in a pond in S2.
We should make it out of particles, because currently the current icespike Looks like a GIANT 1 meter cube of ice.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
With particles, it will look like your throwing snow dust at someone. Believe me, block is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.