• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
Third post, Hi again :) i'm in page 30 still reading.

I thought of this move...because I used to love this game when I was little and also because it is kind of cannon (canon? dk). I'll try to add suggestions to other elements in the future.
Inspiration source: Avatar arena game (great game) & part of the series to, when Korra fought Tarrlok (S1) xD.

WATER BLADE

Element: Water
Subelement: Water
Commands: Shift + left-click or left-click + shift (which one is better?)
Cooldown: 2-3 seconds in between blades to avoid spamming.
Active source: yes
Overview: It looks like a combination between torrent and air blade. The waterbender would have to shift on a water source then click in any direction, so the stream of cutting water can flow in the direction that he/she is aiming.
The water would move like torrent when activated, but with the exception that it would only spin half the circle and then go over the waterbender to create the water blade itself. Like so same animation. It would travel in the blockline you are standing, vertically facing forward, for diagonally purposes is better to use the horizontal version (just by pressing shift while it travels).
Can you aim towards something flying? yes the upper-torrent animation would stop in the right place and moment.

For technical reasons the water blade cannot be bigger than 4 blocks, due to possible Op and servers with not enough Ram.
It would deal half a heart with a slowness debuff of 1 second to recreate the cutting sensation that someone would suffer. it is a move that could work in sticky situations with the benefit to the other bender, that it couldn't be used so quickly like water manipulation.
During the night it would deal 1 heart damage and the blade would grow 2 blocks more. (6 in total)

During a full moon there is no cooldown and the slowness debuff is change for a poison debuff that lasts 1-2 seconds (bleeding)(up to debate due to possible OP, though a waterbender is suppossed to be stronger during a full mooon).
Possible add-on: if the user shifts when the water blade is moving, it switches to a horizontal position, to hit multiple targets.

This move adds more variety to the waterbender's offensive arsenal XD.

PS: Sorry for my crappy editing, I don't have Photoshop in my computer

INSPIRATION:

NOTE: I didn't mean to copy someone else's job, but I do think this one is original, dk like I said still reading. Hope you like it. Do leave comments. :)

- Tarrloq/Kyakara

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
OH MAH GOD I WAS JUST PLAYING THIS, fangirling aside, I don't think it should apply any debuff, and especially during a full moon is when its cooldown should be the most.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So what makes this different from generic water addon number one? This just seems to be a combination of icespike and water, only in a different formation and with a cool warm-up

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Does it have to be different?
Well we don't need water move 1, 2, and 3 just doing damage. We don't need the jedcore syndrome in which we have 4 different moves that do one thing: damage the person and you just spam them using your 3 - 4 moves that do damage while looking slightly different

NickC1211

Verified Member
Third post, Hi again :) i'm in page 30 still reading.

I thought of this move...because I used to love this game when I was little and also because it is kind of cannon (canon? dk). I'll try to add suggestions to other elements in the future.
Inspiration source: Avatar arena game (great game) & part of the series to, when Korra fought Tarrlok (S1) xD.

WATER BLADE

Element: Water
Subelement: Water
Commands: Shift + left-click or left-click + shift (which one is better?)
Cooldown: 2-3 seconds in between blades to avoid spamming.
Active source: yes
Overview: It looks like a combination between torrent and air blade. The waterbender would have to shift on a water source then click in any direction, so the stream of cutting water can flow in the direction that he/she is aiming.
The water would move like torrent when activated, but with the exception that it would only spin half the circle and then go over the waterbender to create the water blade itself. Like so same animation. It would travel in the blockline you are standing, vertically facing forward, for diagonally purposes is better to use the horizontal version (just by pressing shift while it travels).
Can you aim towards something flying? yes the upper-torrent animation would stop in the right place and moment.

For technical reasons the water blade cannot be bigger than 4 blocks, due to possible Op and servers with not enough Ram.
It would deal half a heart with a slowness debuff of 1 second to recreate the cutting sensation that someone would suffer. it is a move that could work in sticky situations with the benefit to the other bender, that it couldn't be used so quickly like water manipulation.
During the night it would deal 1 heart damage and the blade would grow 2 blocks more. (6 in total)

During a full moon there is no cooldown and the slowness debuff is change for a poison debuff that lasts 1-2 seconds (bleeding)(up to debate due to possible OP, though a waterbender is suppossed to be stronger during a full mooon).
Possible add-on: if the user shifts when the water blade is moving, it switches to a horizontal position, to hit multiple targets.

This move adds more variety to the waterbender's offensive arsenal XD.

PS: Sorry for my crappy editing, I don't have Photoshop in my computer

INSPIRATION:

NOTE: I didn't mean to copy someone else's job, but I do think this is one is original, dk like I said still reading. Hope you like it. Do leave comments. :)

- Tarrloq/Kyakara
That game was everything :D love this maybe a different appearance though, or maybe this could be a cool combo.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
So what makes this different from generic water addon number one? This just seems to be a combination of icespike and water, only in a different formation and with a cool warm-up
Pls this is nothing like either I hate it when ppl try to justify a moves denial based on oh well it's kinda like something we already have. So what if it is why can't ppl have multiple ways to do one thing.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
Well we don't need water move 1, 2, and 3 just doing damage. We don't need the jedcore syndrome in which we have 4 different moves that do one thing: damage the person and you just spam them using your 3 - 4 moves that do damage while looking slightly different
Didn't quite get it, can you explain it please ? :)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Pls this is nothing like either I hate it when ppl try to justify a moves denial based on oh well it's kinda like something we already have. So what if it is why can't ppl have multiple ways to do one thing.
ProjectKorra doesn't need two to three moves that all do the same thing. It's pointless.
Didn't quite get it, can you explain it please ? :)
This move is simply a damaging move that doesn't really bring anything new to the table. I don't see why this should be added.

NickC1211

Verified Member
ProjectKorra doesn't need two to three moves that all do the same thing. It's pointless.

This move is simply a damaging move that doesn't really bring anything new to the table. I don't see why this should be added.
I think it does tbh the more moves we have the more individuality benders have which is realistic. If all benders in the show bent the same moves in the exact same way it'd be pretty boring. Plus water is the element of change and versatility meaning different ways of doing everything.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I think it does tbh the more moves we have the more individuality benders have which is realistic. If all benders in the show bent the same moves in the exact same way it'd be pretty boring. Plus water is the element of change and versatility meaning different ways of doing everything.
Expect here's the thing
With Offensive Move 1, 2, and 3, they all do the same thing: do damage. So all you really need to do is just do the minimal requirement (I'll use JedCore's air addons for this example) which is just left click (here it's shift + left click. Oh wow, such a big difference). The fights will boil down to who can dodge the best because all you do is just move around and spam moves 1, 2, and 3 because they're all separate moves and they all have different, but small cooldowns. WaterBlade isn't any different, and I can hardly consider it a new move: it's just a addon y move that does damage, and apparently had a bleeding feature. (Bleeding will probably never get implemented if you had to ask me because that's just not how PK rolls). To boil it down, moves that just do generic things such as dealing damage or shielding honestly shouldn't be added or even considered because like I said, they don't bring anything new to the table.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Expect here's the thing
With Offensive Move 1, 2, and 3, they all do the same thing: do damage. So all you really need to do is just do the minimal requirement (I'll use JedCore's air addons for this example) which is just left click (here it's shift + left click. Oh wow, such a big difference). The fights will boil down to who can dodge the best because all you do is just move around and spam moves 1, 2, and 3 because they're all separate moves and they all have different, but small cooldowns. WaterBlade isn't any different, and I can hardly consider it a new move: it's just a addon y move that does damage, and apparently had a bleeding feature. (Bleeding will probably never get implemented if you had to ask me because that's just not how PK rolls). To boil it down, moves that just do generic things such as dealing damage or shielding honestly shouldn't be added or even considered because like I said, they don't bring anything new to the table.
It adds diversity, you may see it as oh well we already have a way to do this we don't need another. Well if the developers thought like that we wouldn't have waterwave because we have fast swim or we wouldn't have water arms grapple because we have waterwave. So what's wrong with having different ways to do things it's not like it's hurting you in any way. Plus like I said gives ppl a chance to individualize their binds as opposed to every water bender having the exact same moves.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
Expect here's the thing
what would be new then ? we forget bending and return to swords and axes ? PK is suppossed to recreate bending fights like in the series not just attacking someone with the same move again and again.
If that's the case then we should remove all fire moves and keep fire burst, because they all do the same thing, burn the ground and the target. nothing new to the table if you ask me. XD lol

It adds diversity, you may see it as oh well we already have a way to do this we don't need another. Well if the developers thought like that we wouldn't have waterwave because we have fast swim or we wouldn't have water arms grapple because we have waterwave. So what's wrong with having different ways to do things it's not like it's hurting you in any way. Plus like I said gives ppl a chance to individualize their binds as opposed to every water bender having the exact same moves.
like @NickC1211 said, it adds diversity to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.