• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthTent

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Was just messing around with Sorin, and was wondering if anyone would ACTUALLY use this ability if we made it. Pretty much, you hold shift & somehow ( we haven't decided how source blocks will work ) you make a tent out of earth looking something like this:

I understand this is probably the best & most useful ability for any element, so tbh I don't know why I'm even asking this but who would actually want this as an ability?

paliate

I could see this being used as a defense tactic.
Aswell as if you're in survival and you need to survive the first night.

Don't know if it would have any other use other than that but it's canon right? :)

Mstivland89

I would use this a LOT in fights and in survival, especially if I could use it like earthgrab and target another player.

paliate

I would use this a LOT in fights and in survival, especially if I could use it like earthgrab and target another player.
That wouldn't make alot of sense to be able to earth-tent another player.
Especially in a pvp aspect, that just sounds silly.

paliate

Do you mean it's not realistic or do you mean that it's not useful?
It's realistic in terms of the show, but my problem was that if it was like earthgrab when it comes to other players then there wouldn't be an introduction of a new mechanic or a reason to do this.

It would just be earthgrab in a different shape.
But I don't think it would be too useful other than in that odd survival moment.

It would probably end up just being a filler move by that point.

Mstivland89

The t
It's realistic in terms of the show, but my problem was that if it was like earthgrab when it comes to other players then there wouldn't be an introduction of a new mechanic or a reason to do this.

It would just be earthgrab in a different shape.
But I don't think it would be too useful other than in that odd survival moment.

It would probably end up just being a filler move by that point.
The trick is when you use collapse after using tent on an enemy to crush them, or raiseearth or earthgrab to close off the "doors" and trap them. IMO it might even be a bit OP, but failing that, it's be a nice defensive move. The difference is that earthgrab doesn't close the top.

The trick is when you use collapse after using tent on an enemy to crush them, or raiseearth or earthgrab to close off the "doors" and trap them. IMO it might even be a bit OP, but failing that, it's be a nice defensive move. The difference is that earthgrab doesn't close the top.
It is unnecessary non the less. Things like this causes /b d earth to fill-up all the chat screen full with listed abilities, and people have the nervours to complain that "earth has too many moves; no need for more". You just can't create 5 earthgrabs variations in seperate stock abilities, which each individual of them leave a gap for a different side: earthgrab that gives no celling, grab#2 w/o at north side, #3 no at west, #4 no at south, #5 no at east.

Further move - op against airbending and waterbending if it doesn't include balance. Having a cheap move - no fun gameplay experience. Same goes for trapping.