• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthSpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
The click at an entity one, the range is 15 blocks. And you don't have to aim AND it launches the target into the air.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
There is a move in the water arsenal that is exactly like this. It's thing called Ice Spike. When on ice, you click an entity to hit them with a spike, shift on ice to create multiple spikes, shift-click to shoot a blast of ice. Each attack slows and does damage. Yea, the majority of people COULD play a part. But we should be looking at the realistic and aesthetic aspects of the move rather than what a play would and would not use. That does play a part to a degree. But if that's what we focus on then we should be removing so many moves from the plugin. Not to mention every player, or bender, has a different style of bending that may differ from yours. For all we know a lot of players could love this ability idea like I do.

Green

Verified Member
Edited some things.

And some battles btw ain't nobody got time for holding shift for that long lol and if someone is coming at you but not close enough for you to hit them with the small earthspike click at them, it will give you time to run because they got thrown up in the air.

Green

Verified Member
Not to mention every player, or bender, has a different style of bending that may differ from yours. For all we know a lot of players could love this ability idea like I do.
Thanks for saying that because I totally agree!! Every bender has a different play style. Think of it this way, bloodbending is not waters actually "play style", sand/metal bending is not earths "play style", and moves like suffocation are definitely not air "play style". So may be if some people can open there minds that everyone plays an element a different wa that would be great! :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There is a move in the water arsenal that is exactly like this. It's thing called Ice Spike. When on ice, you click an entity to hit them with a spike, shift on ice to create multiple spikes, shift-click to shoot a blast of ice. Each attack slows and does damage. Yea, the majority of people COULD play a part. But we should be looking at the realistic and aesthetic aspects of the move rather than what a play would and would not use. That does play a part to a degree. But if that's what we focus on then we should be removing so many moves from the plugin. Not to mention every player, or bender, has a different style of bending that may differ from yours. For all we know a lot of players could love this ability idea like I do.
If that is rant towards my approach, I could argue that each icespike's technique has some unique in them that makes it a worth of having i the plugin. Icespike can: a) attack one person at a time b) attack multiple without specifying which c) attack someone that isn't on ice (ok, maybe with this #a variation might be un-needed). EarthSpike: a) attack with a spike b) attack with a spike c) attack with a spike. Ok, I probably shouldn't complain since uncharge and charge does the same stuff in between but different values, but for that I think it needs a change too (unless those techniques have difference apart from each other that makes them unique in some way, that I haven't notice for not using a very long time).

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Earthspike:

A) Don't have to aim, hits one person, knocking them up

B) Hits one person, has a chance to give blindness

C) Possible to hit multiple people, has a chance to give blindness.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Fair enough. Blindness percentage it's too big, it should be 9% or below (if the blindness is dealt by the dust flying into one's eye, it is a require occurrence for such a thing like this to happen).

Green

Verified Member
I kind of ment for the blindness to be because of you getting hit hard...

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Blindness happens when you get hit? Welp that doesn't make sense. It's even less possible to damage someone's eye by just hitting with a rock, because they are on very low odds to have that happen to them.

Green

Verified Member
Have you ever got punched in the face or gut REALLY hard you atleast black out for a couple seconds....

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I haven't, but I do know that incident does happen, but it isn't a usual occurrence to happen (your number makes it look like that it is so). Even so, with only blindness you would still be able to walk around in places - which I wouldn't describe it as a black out then, would it? This effect shouldn't be only exclusively to this ability, because you can caused black out with other abilities too, such as with raiseearth and iceblast.

With this chance taking place at 30% of the time, I feel that it would turn out to be a thing that happens between rarely and usual time frame (sometimes is it called), which would probably results in making your fights with every (close to) 5th earthbender fight resulting in you getting a black out, and in my opinion that would make these fights more ridiculous. Thus, I propose it should be 9% or lower chance.

Green

Verified Member
Ok I don't mind lowering the percentage, i just wanted to explain why you get blindness.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Finn's IceSpike goes through ice. That makes the move annoying and op af. You are basically making finn's icespike with earth. Going through blocks. Knocking people in the air.

Green

Verified Member
Ok then it's won't go through earth then, gosh. I didn't copy his move by the way, I didn't even know icespike existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.