• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthSpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Element: Earth
Ability: EarthSpike

What it does:

When you click at an entity a large spike will appear under them doing 1.5 hearts of damage and knocking them into the air. The entity has to, at the most, 15 blocks away from you. This will go back into the ground right after it goes up. This will have a 6 second cooldown, so that means wait 6 seconds to use any earthspike move!

output_baoFhd.gif

When you click at an earth bendable block you will source it and when you tap shift in any direction a spike of earth will jut up in the direction your crosshairs were pointing, doing 2 hearts of damage. This will have a 5% chance for the hit target to get blindness for 2 seconds. This will go back into the ground when any earth bender shifts at the spike with earthspike. This will have a 3 second cooldown, so that means wait 3 seconds to use any earthspike move!

157d8g.gif

When you click at an earth bendable block you will source it and then hold shift for 3 seconds. When you let go of shift a HUGE spike of earth will jut up in the direction your crosshairs were pointing, doing 3 hearts. This will have a 10% chance for the hit entity to get blindness for 3 seconds. This will go back into the ground when any earth bender shifts at it with earthspike. Also this has the potential to hit multiple people, if your in the way of the spike you will take the damage. This will have a 6 second cooldown, so that means wait 6 seconds to use any earthspike move!

Use it as a utility move:

- Make a bridge across a ravine to bring your non-bending friends across.
- Use it to block off a cave without using Raiseearth, risking that you could collapse the whole cave.

157e23.gif

All of these can be activated in water and can go through water.

Attachments

Last edited:
]I find the shift+click a better worth take than with the additional unnecessary only click variation of this ability. Why? Because the second one deals more damage and stays longer, which I can't see any reason why earthbenders would prefer to use "click only" variation too when it doesn't have much potential use.

Here how I would go suggestion on occupying both of this ability controls:
First off, delete the crouch feature and move the damage and duration values as a replacement for click feature. For a new crouch control's feature, your other thread's concept would be the thing for it. It would deal less damage and have short duration, but it would longer rage depending on how long the user is sneaking (longer he's sneaking - further rage). Of course, if you like, we can make both of these techniques universal, by just giving the left click move bigger damage, but smaller knockback, and giving the shift move smaller damage, but bigger knockback. This makes the second technique of this ability interested to have and a worth for it to be in the arsenal for his move.

Edit:

The longer you hold shift the farther the spikes will travel.

Examples:

View attachment 2195

Tap shift - 5 blocks
View attachment 2196
Holding Shift (2 seconds) and releasing - 14 blocks
View attachment 2193
Holding Shift (4 seconds) and releasing - 21 blocks
View attachment 2194
Holding Shift (6 seconds) and releasing - 33 blocks

Edited your quote from the post a little bit, for the sake of it to follow my idea and match to what I'm talking about. And yes, while the images aren't exactly shown of the distances that I described should be in, just pretend that they aren't.

Last edited:

Green

Oh and a lot of people are lazy and don't want to aim sometimes

(*raises hand)

And the left click on an entity spike would be perfect.

Oh btw anyone tell me if i should change any cooldowns, damage, or the effects (blindness). Please and thanks.

Green

The damage and cool downs will be editable in config. For a default cool down I think yours is fine.
How about the blindness thing, I kind of just wanted something cool added so it's not like every other move. I would curtainly black out for a few seconds if I got hit with a giant earth spike xD.

xNuminousx

I don't think the blindness would really make sense... I can see how any earth move would blind you cause little rocky particles are flying everywhere. But the plugin sort of assumes that the earth being bent is solid. With this they would probably assume the same thing. Sand is a loose earth so that's why blindness takes effect there. But the actual dirt/stone bending is considered a solid. I think it's very creative though.

EDIT
I would also like to bring attention this could fall under @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris post about chances. There could be a 10% chance every earth move will bling you.

Green

I don't think the blindness would really make sense... I can see how any earth move would blind you cause little rocky particles are flying everywhere. But the plugin sort of assumes that the earth being bent is solid. With this they would probably assume the same thing. Sand is a loose earth so that's why blindness takes effect there. But the actual dirt/stone bending is considered a solid. I think it's very creative though.

EDIT
I would also like to bring attention this could fall under @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris post about chances. There could be a 10% chance every earth move will bling you.
Good idea!!

Green

It launches the player up in the air..... With a water bender or chi blocker that could mean DEATH MUAHAHAHHAHA!!! But for real I can see many reasons to have the click variation of this move.

I'm talking about that all three triggers do exact same thing but with different values. Majority of people would use the charging variation, then the simple only click required. In my opinion it just occupies the available control options a waste. Is there even a reason to left click an entity rather then click+tapshift a block? I don't see a benefit of that. You don't see shockwave click and shift+click doing exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.