• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changing Airbending

Should Airspout Be Changed?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No.

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

promancer

Verified Member
I don't believe there has ever been a time limit in the series, this also prevents air from using airspout for long distance travel. By doing this you also nerf it's mobility and utility abilities.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't believe there has ever been a time limit in the series, this also prevents air from using airspout for long distance travel. By doing this you also nerf it's mobility and utility abilities.
There weren't cooldowns either.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I feel like airspout isn't the problem here most of the times, though I do feel like it needs a time limit on airspout... maybe... 15 - 20 seconds? (This is for chi's sake)
What I think that makes air OP in some cases as people are saying is the airjet that they can do that goes FIFTY BLOCKS. Airjet + Airswipe spam + Airsweep + Wall damage is very overwhelming to people who are facing a true master airbender. It gets to the point where you can't even land a hit on people because of airswipe's low cooldown and it's wide range that can deny any move, and counter attack. Airjet doesn't help at all, either. Imo, Airjet needs a major nerf, but that isn't what this thread is about.

promancer

Verified Member
A
[QUOTliterallt wer118, post: 44902, member: 488"]I feel like airspout isn't the problem here most of the times, though I do feel like it needs a time limit on airspout... maybe... 15 - 20 seconds? (This is for chi's sake)
What I think that makes air OP in some cases as people are saying is the airjet that they can do that goes FIFTY BLOCKS. Airjet + Airswipe spam + Airsweep + Wall damage is very overwhelming to people who are facing a true master airbender. It gets to the point where you can't even land a hit on people because of airswipe's low cooldown and it's wide range that can deny any move, and counter attack. Airjet doesn't help at all, either. Imo, Airjet needs a major nerf, but that isn't what this thread is about.[/QUOTE]
Air is literally one of the weakest elements. Ask anyone, it's got less damaging moves than any other element. Every element should have a bane. Unfortunately for chi, it doesn't have as much mobility as air. This is ofc Canon. Chi was literally developed while air wasn't around.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
A
[QUOTliterallt wer118, post: 44902, member: 488"]I feel like airspout isn't the problem here most of the times, though I do feel like it needs a time limit on airspout... maybe... 15 - 20 seconds? (This is for chi's sake)
What I think that makes air OP in some cases as people are saying is the airjet that they can do that goes FIFTY BLOCKS. Airjet + Airswipe spam + Airsweep + Wall damage is very overwhelming to people who are facing a true master airbender. It gets to the point where you can't even land a hit on people because of airswipe's low cooldown and it's wide range that can deny any move, and counter attack. Airjet doesn't help at all, either. Imo, Airjet needs a major nerf, but that isn't what this thread is about.
Air is literally one of the weakest elements. Ask anyone, it's got less damaging moves than any other element. Every element should have a bane. Unfortunately for chi, it doesn't have as much mobility as air. This is ofc Canon. Chi was literally developed while air wasn't around.[/QUOTE]
Less damaging moves doesn't really mean anything when the damage all adds up due to the spam which also blocks 90% of your own moves.

promancer

Verified Member
Air is literally one of the weakest elements. Ask anyone, it's got less damaging moves than any other element. Every element should have a bane. Unfortunately for chi, it doesn't have as much mobility as air. This is ofc Canon. Chi was literally developed while air wasn't around.
Less damaging moves doesn't really mean anything when the damage all adds up due to the spam which also blocks 90% of your own moves.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe that an argument is actually being made that air should be nerfed.

owlcool

Verified Member
Less damaging moves doesn't really mean anything when the damage all adds up due to the spam which also blocks 90% of your own moves./quote
I can't believe that an argument is actually being made that air should be nerfed.
Then that just shows your bias.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
Honestly, I read all of your threads @owlcool and I just shake my head. You are asking the Project Korra Staff to modify an ability that has been incorporated into Project Korra from the beginning. If you look at some of the other elements, most of their abilities do not have a timer, such as waterspout, and if they do (like firejet), its because they can not be severed (by this I mean destroyed) by an outside force, such as a fireblast or airswipe. Airspout can be delt with by simply using a basic attack anywhere the air particles are shown (from the airbender to the ground). Please tell me, where is your logic? I am having a hard time understanding the way you think. I swear, you only post suggestions to make the Project Korra Staff waste their time and so you can see your face appear in the Suggestion thread feed. If you are not going to truely put thought into your suggestions to benefit the Project Korra community, why post anything at all. This is why we can not have nice things. Rant over.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
So then again, non of the elements are OP or UP.
Just wanted to get my say in ;p. And as an air main, I find that people that camp on air spout are pretty dumb, and that it has literally no usage in battle other than pissing people off, and moving over slopes like mountains or hills. But let's be honest, this goes for:

1) Waterbenders camping with waterspout, no matter if they get decapitated or not
2) Earthbenders that spam Catapult
3) Firebenders that charge moves while using Fire Jet.

Yes, Chiblocking does have an disadvantage against high up places, especially with high jump being weak and all. But, it does make sense for Chi to have a general weakness for benders everywhere, considering THEY are the normal ones. In another aspect, Chiblocking can be seen as a self-defense martial art against benders taught to non-benders for their own protection. Logically, we are talking about Martial Artists vs. People that can manipulate their very surroundings, so that's automatically a disadvantage at hand :p (Personally I only use chi-blocking to sadistically chase after weak benders ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.