• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changing Airbending

Should Airspout Be Changed?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No.

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprrow26

Verified Member
Personally, I agree with this. Mainly because fighting an Airbender who actually uses skill and all the moves they have is a very enjoyable fight, and Airspout just robs me of this fight.

Verified Member
Element: Air
Move: Airspout
Details: This change would make it so that you can only airspout for a certain amount of time. This would be configurable of course, and would make airbenders that just airspout airswipe less op, and the reason why we would want that is because, 1. It is boring to fight airbenders that do that 2. It is boring to be an airbender that does that 3. lots of people thing that it is a "little" op for airbenders to just airspout and airswipe from above dodging moves like fireblast, watermanipulation, things like that.
yes i think that its a bit trolley but why not just put a limit to how may moves you can use wile ridding the air spout like say you can only use 3 air swipes before the spout collapses then theirs a small 3 second cool down then you can get back up again.

Beygirl

Verified Member
As the others have said, just keep breaking the spout with basic moves (EarthBlast/WaterManipulation/FireBlast/AirSwipe). As for chi, well, just stay away from the AirSpout camper. Don't fight him if he's boring. Besides, he might get bored of waiting for you to come near and he might get off the AirSpout (idk).

If you wanted a way to fight AirSpout with chi, go post a thread about buffing HighJump or something like that to make you reach the AirSpout. Nerfing air for the sake of one element is not the way to go.

I've never seen anyone camp on an AirSpout. Who does that? It's a pretty slow move, and it makes you vulnerable to most attacks.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
It is actually hard to fight on an airspout. If you think it is "overpowered" just make it shorter. I personally made it higher, and it is normally used as an utility move. You never saw anyone use it a lot in the show because it is hard to fight on..

promancer

Verified Member
3 Reasons This Shouldn't be Added
  • There is already a way to knock airbenders off airspout. Airswipe, watermanip, fireblast, and earthsmash all cancel out the spout. Also, fireburst does the trick aswell. Just because you don't want to break a spout shouldn't be means for air to be needed.
  • Air is already ridiculously UP. But now you also want to nerf it's mobility? And, mobility doesn't necessarily mean speed, it also means the ability to move at a constant speed in all terrains. Air is a mobility element
  • This thread seems to be just a big opinionated conversation. What you may think is drawn out and boring may be fun and exhilarating to another.

owlcool

Verified Member
3 Reasons This Shouldn't be Added
  • There is already a way to knock airbenders off airspout. Airswipe, watermanip, fireblast, and earthsmash all cancel out the spout. Also, fireburst does the trick aswell. Just because you don't want to break a spout shouldn't be means for air to be needed.
  • Air is already ridiculously UP. But now you also want to nerf it's mobility? And, mobility doesn't necessarily mean speed, it also means the ability to move at a constant speed in all terrains. Air is a mobility element
  • This thread seems to be just a big opinionated conversation. What you may think is drawn out and boring may be fun and exhilarating to another.
(Gawd this thread is old)
•The purpose of airspout in this case would be to simply move from a disadvantageous location, air scooter would be used on water.
• You say Airbending is Underpowered, and then say this is mostly an opinionated conversation. That second point is an opinion and you should realize that.
•Lets give airspout a new use.
How about when not airspouting you can eliminate the status effect of blindness by shifting with airspout. This would be a counter to smokescreen.

promancer

Verified Member
(Gawd this thread is old)
•The purpose of airspout in this case would be to simply move from a disadvantageous location, air scooter would be used on water.
• You say Airbending is Underpowered, and then say this is mostly an opinionated conversation. That second point is an opinion and you should realize that.
•Lets give airspout a new use.
How about when not airspouting you can eliminate the status effect of blindness by shifting with airspout. This would be a counter to smokescreen.
So you want to give a small buff for a big nerf?

Janny

Verified Member
I'm sorry, but did you say airswipe + airspout is... op..?
PLEASE ENDERSHADOWS OR ANYONE ELSE, PLEASE GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE ANIME IN THE PICTURE UNDER WHAT ENDERSHADOWS SAID ;-;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I vote no. Airbending might overpowered if you know how to use it, but most people don't, making it one of the most underpowered element. And if you DO make this change to airspout, it would be unfair if you didn't do it to waterspout as well.

promancer

Verified Member
I don't know where you play, but air isn't UP. In fact, if used right, it is deadly.
How good do you have to be with fire to do serious damage? I've seen people get on and just immediately start to own by just using fireblast. Also, compare airs dmg to fire, water, earth and chi. It's not great in damage, but excels in mobility and utility. Airspout is useful for travelling over sea, on land and even over lava. I can name countless times I've been about to fall in lava and saved by airspout. Air is weak enough, if this keeps going eventually someone will nerf air because it runs faster than other elements.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How good do you have to be with fire to do serious damage? I've seen people get on and just immediately start to own by just using fireblast. Also, compare airs dmg to fire, water, earth and chi. It's not great in damage, but excels in mobility and utility. Airspout is useful for travelling over sea, on land and even over lava. I can name countless times I've been about to fall in lava and saved by airspout. Air is weak enough, if this keeps going eventually someone will nerf air because it runs faster than other elements.
About air's damage, there is AirSwipe, which deals 1 or 1.5 hearts on most servers. Then there is AirSweep, which deals more than 2 hearts on most servers. AS well as the velocity damage AirBurst deals, whcih can be pretty OP.
Air's damaged compared to the other elements isn't too bad IMO.

owlcool

Verified Member
Air is weak enough, if this keeps going eventually someone will nerf air because it runs faster than other elements.
Slippery Slope Argument?
Like I haven't seen that before in Politics.
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/slippery-slope/
This wouldn't stop you from using airspout to save yourself, unless you are surrounded for thousands of blocks and their isn't a single block you can run off of and use air scooter.

Janny

Verified Member
PLEASE ENDERSHADOWS OR ANYONE ELSE, PLEASE GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE ANIME IN THE PICTURE UNDER WHAT ENDERSHADOWS SAID ;-;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I vote no. Airbending might overpowered if you know how to use it, but most people don't, making it one of the most underpowered element. And if you DO make this change to airspout, it would be unfair if you didn't do it to waterspout as well.
WHY ISN'T ANYONE TELLING ME THE NAME OF THAT ANIME! It looks good ;-;

promancer

Verified Member
Slippery Slope Argument?
Like I haven't seen that before in Politics.
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/slippery-slope/

This wouldn't stop you from using airspout to save yourself, unless you are surrounded for thousands of blocks and their isn't a single block you can run off of and use air scooter.
Give 3 reasons this benefits air, and canonness of it, aswell as other elements and battle. If this improves the plugin as a whole you should be able to, unless it doesn't ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.