• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changing Airbending

Should Airspout Be Changed?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No.

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Ok, first of all. Air is the element of freedom. Nerfing it would just be a downside. Secondly. Nobody forces you to kill that camper, AirSpout is slow so they probably wont hunt after you.

Air is by far means not OP, it's the person that is using it that is OP

owlcool

Verified Member
Ok, first of all. Air is the element of freedom. Nerfing it would just be a downside. Secondly. Nobody forces you to kill that camper, AirSpout is slow so they probably wont hunt after you.

Air is by far means not OP, it's the person that is using it that is OP
Unless you are a chiblocker without any cover fighting a airspout camper.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I honestly don't think chi is underpowered. The one instance in which it is is when they are fighting airbender a high up In airspout immune to them even if they use high jump and are airswiping them. How boring does that make fights? Very. Has aang done that? Most likely not unless In avatar state. Has Korra done that? We have seen her fall when using waterspout, so we know there are limitations to that and similar moves. Does this match airbender's elemental style at all? Not at all.
In the show, no, perhaps it wasn't shown. That doesn't mean they aren't capable of doing such a thing. If they can sustain a giant tornado for a long time, a spout should be child's play. Not to mention, not everything in the plugin has to be canon. I don't think some air circulating around an airbender's body should be able to stop a giant boulder coming at them. Besides, not everything has to be appropriate for pvp. Plenty of people use it for building too.

The move isn't unbalanced, isn't unfair against other elements (except perhaps chi, but that's a rant for another time) and doesn't have to be canon. It's a video game. Not everything has to be canon. In the tlok video game water didn't require a resource at all. As far as accuracy concerned, this plugin'd be better.

Also, if you don't think chi is underpowered, stop using it as an argument. If Airbenders are as godlike against chiblockers as you seem to claim, then they blatantly are underpowered. Some elements have advantages over others like that. It's the point of having different elements.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Unless you are a chiblocker without any cover fighting a airspout camper.
You can hit them with smokescreen to deactivate their spout i believe. Tho i do like your idea to add the limit as a duration for air ,so i vote yes. I have doubt that this might balance waterspout as it would make it op'er.

Hero

Verified Member
Element: Air
Move: Airspout
Details: This change would make it so that you can only airspout for a certain amount of time. This would be configurable of course, and would make airbenders that just airspout airswipe less op, and the reason why we would want that is because, 1. It is boring to fight airbenders that do that 2. It is boring to be an airbender that does that 3. lots of people thing that it is a "little" op for airbenders to just airspout and airswipe from above dodging moves like fireblast, watermanipulation, things like that.
The only reason why I would think airspout is op is because of the fact chiblockers cant hit them. Other than that I really couldn't care any less about what happens to airspout.

promancer

Verified Member
So, let me get this straight. Your strategy is to cripple air so it's easier for you to win? Have you been in a fight with chi? If they paralyze you once, your pretty much done.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So, let me get this straight. Your strategy is to cripple air so it's easier for you to win? Have you been in a fight with chi? If they paralyze you once, your pretty much done.
By paralyzing them, you take away it's greatest strength; mobility.
If this is implemented then a thread will most likely immediately be put up revoking the change.
No need for the hate dude.
And also AirSpout =/= mobility.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Earthblast breaks airspout, watermanipulation breaks airspout, fireblast breaks airspout, c'mon guys

promancer

Verified Member
To me this just seems to be a way to make it easier for you to battle airbenders. There is already a way to break the spout of ALL benders. (P.S. Mobility isnt just speed, it also includes the ability to go over multiple terrains.)

Status
Not open for further replies.