• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changing Airbending

Should Airspout Be Changed?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No.

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

Verified Member
A big reason why I posted this is that it is actually cannon. You never seen a airbender airspouting for hours on cannon, have you now? The few times it was shown it was either avatarstate roku who was in avatar state, and the one time a airbender went up into the air for ten seconds to collect an apple.
Seems to me like you over-use 'cannon'. Not everything has to be cannon. There are moves that are shown in some of the LoK episodes, but I feel that this plugin was made so that we could come up with moves that make sense, but haven't been displayed in the show. The only reason people include where it happened in the show when they suggest a move is so they don't get yelled at by the cannon-nazis.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I vote yes. I hate those air benders who camp on airspout and spam airswipe or even airblast >,<
It's almost impossible to hit them... So I vote yes. Maybe in avatar state, it could be a toggle. Or it could be a toggle in the config perhaps?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Air is just so underpowered.
Air is actually about attacking your enemy until they get tired.
That is ABSOLUTELY not true. Air is NOT underpowered. I've seen some air benders who are pretty damn op. You can't even plan a single hit on them. Give them some fall damage with airstream, hit them with airswipe and finish it with an airsweep.

Hero

Verified Member
That is ABSOLUTELY not true. Air is NOT underpowered. I've seen some air benders who are pretty damn op. You can't even plan a single hit on them. Give them some fall damage with airstream, hit them with airswipe and finish it with an airsweep.
Every element can do something to avoid fall damage :/

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I personally don't see the problem here, if you use any basic move such as airswipe, watermanipulation, earthblast or fireblast in an air/water spout it destroys it.
I still think that air has a little disadvantage, now it has 3 attack moves: airsweep (a combo with a relative large cooldown), airswipe (wich should have a charge time config) and suffocate. I never saw an airbender use suffocate because of it's range, warm up, and the fact that it makes you very vulnerable.
Now the thing behind this is that the large majority of airbenders have learned or at least tried to cause indirect fall damage with air blast/suction. No other element had to learn to do this and for that airbenders have my respect.
Also you can use wall of fire/ raise earth to block them or torrent to freeze them and give you some time to think of a strategy.
Remember that air is the element of freedom You just want to make them less agile so it is easy for you to hit them.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I personally don't see the problem here, if you use any basic move such as airswipe, watermanipulation, earthblast or fireblast in an air/water spout it destroys it.
I still think that air has a little disadvantage, now it has 3 attack moves: airsweep (a combo with a relative large cooldown), airswipe (wich should have a charge time config) and suffocate. I never saw an airbender use suffocate because of it's range, warm up, and the fact that it makes you very vulnerable.

Now the thing behind this is that the large majority of airbenders have learned or at least tried to cause indirect fall damage with air blast/suction. No other element had to learn to do this and for that airbenders have my respect.
Also you can use wall of fire/ raise earth to block them or torrent to freeze them and give you some time to think of a strategy.
Remember that air is the element of freedom You just want to make them less agile so it is easy for you to hit them.
You can't break an airspout I believe

Kwesi

Verified Member
A big reason why I posted this is that it is actually cannon. You never seen a airbender airspouting for hours on cannon, have you now? The few times it was shown it was either avatarstate roku who was in avatar state, and the one time a airbender went up into the air for ten seconds to collect an apple.
I feel like that's only speculation. Those airbenders only use airspout for as long as they wish to; once they have done whatever task and the ability has fulfilled its purpose they will cease using it, so I don't think your point serves as solid evidence (unless you can show me something that would suggest otherwise).

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Perhaps as an option in the configuration, but as it stands, no. Airspout can be broken easily using any of the element's primary damaging moves, and if the opponent is using his time to reenable Airspout that's more gained time for you. Most Airbenders I fight are clever enough not to use Airspout for extended periods of time.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I vote yes. I hate those air benders who camp on airspout and spam airswipe or even airblast >,<
It's almost impossible to hit them... So I vote yes. Maybe in avatar state, it could be a toggle. Or it could be a toggle in the config perhaps?
"Almost impossible to hit" Are you perhaps using the wrong moves? Airspout "campers" are like sitting ducks around me. I fail to see the legit reason on removing one of airs few strategies, newbie as it is. I am only seeing rage and hate for air in the creators thread.

owlcool

Verified Member
"Almost impossible to hit" Are you perhaps using the wrong moves? Airspout "campers" are like sitting ducks around me. I fail to see the legit reason on removing one of airs few strategies, newbie as it is. I am only seeing rage and hate for air in the creators thread.
I believe fin is talking about air benders that run, jump, and air scooter dodging attacks. Airspout is just annoying now days, making the noise of a creeper hissing in a bending arena that has creepers can get confusing. Air is the element of speed, not sitting around in a slow airspout all day, and I think we would hear something about a airbender flying across a ocean without a glider if it was not just speculation.

owlcool

Verified Member
Perhaps as an option in the configuration, but as it stands, no. Airspout can be broken easily using any of the element's primary damaging moves, and if the opponent is using his time to reenable Airspout that's more gained time for you. Most Airbenders I fight are clever enough not to use Airspout for extended periods of time.
Chiblocking. Boring fights.

owlcool

Verified Member
Chi is underpowered as it is, I'm not denying that. But the problem isn't air. If you feel like chi should have more of a chance against air, make a thread about buffing chi instead of nerfing air.
I honestly don't think chi is underpowered. The one instance in which it is is when they are fighting airbender a high up In airspout immune to them even if they use high jump and are airswiping them. How boring does that make fights? Very. Has aang done that? Most likely not unless In avatar state. Has Korra done that? We have seen her fall when using waterspout, so we know there are limitations to that and similar moves. Does this match airbender's elemental style at all? Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.