• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending properties

Joeri

Verified Member
Exactly. That's why this is a hypothesis. Because nothing is confirmed. It's just what I personally see makes the most sense. If you'd like to try to find flaws in my logic, go ahead. But I wish you good luck.
No, there are things confirmed

Plant, blood, ice, metal are infact confirmed sub-elements. This is why your logic is flawed. You can't just say "well now those aren't a sub-element anymore"

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, there are things confirmed

Plant, blood, ice, metal are infact confirmed sub-elements. This is why your logic is flawed. You can't just say "well now those aren't a sub-element anymore"
I didn't say that. I'm saying what I personally believe that best explains certain phenomenon in the avatar world.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think there's an explanation that makes sense. Just like how you can't find logic behind spongebob
Well I believe my suggestion while not perfect does a great job at it. And SpongeBob is a sponge underwater, actually not as uncommon as you'd think.

Joeri

Verified Member
Well I believe my suggestion while not perfect does a great job at it. And SpongeBob is a sponge underwater, actually not as uncommon as you'd think.
Expect Spongebob has oceans underwater, burgers that can still be hot and nobody is swimming around (and how dafuq do they even fall off cliffs UNDERWATER?). cars underwater and an ananas house.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Expect Spongebob has oceans underwater, burgers that can still be hot and is swimming around (and how dafuq do they even fall off cliffs UNDERWATER?). cars underwater and an ananas house.
Some things aren't meant to have logic

Joeri

Verified Member
I know this. But it exists and I'll put logic where I can
I agree with your theory untill you started talking about subs, simply because benders have been proven to have more than one sub.

The amount of subs IMO is skill based

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
So...
Imo, something was really strange about bending and Raava... We all know that Raava was given the power of the Elements by the Lion Turtles. Raava was destroyed by the Dark Avatar Unalaq. She was still carring the Elements AFTER her death and reborning through Vaatu. Shouldn't the power of the Elements have desappear? Oh well.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So...
Imo, something was really strange about bending and Raava... We all know that Raava was given the power of the Elements by the Lion Turtles. Raava was destroyed by the Dark Avatar Unalaq. She was still carring the Elements AFTER her death and reborning through Vaatu. Shouldn't the power of the Elements have desappear? Oh well.
She wasn't gone.
One cannot exist without the other.

V

Vidcom

So...
Korra had the physical chi paths to all elements there, which Raava needed to be there for at birth to provide. When Raava left, those links didn't just disappear. We know the chi paths for bending are physical, as bloodbending can sever it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Does anybody have any theories they'd like to present or questions for me to answer?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Is woodbending possible? If so, when? Only to prodigies?
What about freezing someone's blood? Too dark? Too difficult?
Woodbending: yes, it's canon. Hama did it in the fight with katara.
Freezing someone's blood would be hard as blood doesnt have too much water in it itself, bloodbending aslo involves bending a lot of the body besides blood.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Woodbending: yes, it's canon. Hama did it in the fight with katara.
Freezing someone's blood would be hard as blood doesnt have too much water in it itself, bloodbending aslo involves bending a lot of the body besides blood.
I never said that bloodbending was just about blood xD
I think Hama didn't really woodbent, she just ripped water from the tree... That is the same calling plantbending destroying the plant by extracting its water... You aren't bending the water inside the plant in order to bend the plant, just to use the water by itself.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I never said that bloodbending was just about blood xD
I think Hama didn't really woodbent, she just ripped water from the tree... That is the same calling plantbending destroying the plant by extracting its water... You aren't bending the water inside the plant in order to bend the plant, just to use the water by itself.
Still the problem with freezing water inside the human body is that you'd have to freeze the body itself also. The body heat from the person would counteract trying to freeze it.
And that is still technically woodbending, as wood = plant. So it's really just Plantbending, not it's own subelement