• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending properties

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@Vidcom I have the answers, don't you worry.

Energybending: We've seen this very few times in the avatar series, Aang taking away Ozai's bending, Korra creating the spirit portal. But is there an explanation? Time to find out.

Definition: the ability to bend another person's life energy.

Basically that means bending external chi to your will, only shown able to be done by Lion Turtles and the Avatar. The reason this is, is because think of chi like your fingerprint, it's unique to only you (twins excluded). Well the only way you'd be able to bend external chi is if some of that chi can be found in your own, and since The Avatar has all four elements and the spirit of Raava inside them, they have the power to do this ultimate ability. Lion turtles you ask, how can they do it? Because like Raava, they too are spirits. Spirits seem to, in the show, be more connected to all types of chi, all the unique differences. Since they are attuned to this, they can control it. That's just my theory on that topic though :)

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I love this thread! I can't believe someone actually finally made a thread for this.

V

Vidcom

I don't see how Lion Turtles are spirits, though. They don't come from the Spirit World, and Raava, joint highest spirit in the universe, gives great respect to Lion Turtles, calling the one we see her interact with "Great One".

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't see how Lion Turtles are spirits, though. They don't come from the Spirit World, and Raava, joint highest spirit in the universe, gives great respect to Lion Turtles, calling the one we see her interact with "Great One".
:eek: I overlooked this, could it be possible that lion turtles are essentially gods of the avatar universe? Ooooooo theories :3

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Thanks to @Vidcom, I now have to rethink part of my last theory. I was wrong, Lion Turtles are not spirits. They are something different. Let's get down to business (ha, business... no? ok sir laughsanot)

What are the Lion Turtles? Well, after a lot of research, I found they are animals. Here is my theory as to why they can energybend:

They have their own chi like all animals, but theirs is different. Think of it like blood, the different types and how their is a universal donor. Well, the lion turtle's chi is a lot like that universal donor, in the aspect that they can energybend other people's (and maybe animals and spirits) chi. That would explain why they can energybend. But that's just my very very short theory on this :)

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Thanks to @Vidcom, I now have to rethink part of my last theory. I was wrong, Lion Turtles are not spirits. They are something different. Let's get down to business (ha, business... no? ok sir laughsanot)

What are the Lion Turtles? Well, after a lot of research, I found they are animals. Here is my theory as to why they can energybend:

They have their own chi like all animals, but theirs is different. Think of it like blood, the different types and how their is a universal donor. Well, the lion turtle's chi is a lot like that universal donor, in the aspect that they can energybend other people's (and maybe animals and spirits) chi. That would explain why they can energybend. But that's just my very very short theory on this :)
How much time have you spent on this... xD

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
That's little time.. I am guessing most of your thoughts happened while watching the show right?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
He did this with bloodbending though, not through energybending. Still really interesting on how he actually did that though. Theory, @Simplicitee? :O
Amon probably severed the links between the bender's body and their chi. Kinda like how chi-blockers usually do (outside the body), but Amon did it from the inside. We all have seen the position Amon puts his hands on the bender's head, like the Lion Turtles.
Amon wasn't the only human besides the Avatar able to take out bending. Hundun, Korra's nemesis in the videogame, also had this capacity. Plus, he said that he would remove Korra's chi in order to reconstruct his body. Korra in the videogame has to relearn how to bend by thinking in the Elements' philosofy. Could other people, victims of Amon, do the same?

V

Vidcom

Amon used bloodbending to shatter chi pathways beyond repair, hence why Katara was unable to repair it. If you think of chi pathways being like a bridge road, Amon basically used the river underneath to totally shatter the bridge, so Katara bending that same "river" was unable to fix anything. An energybender, however, is more like bending the "bridge", so Korra was able to restore bending this way. All of that is from Bryke :)

Hero

Verified Member
Amon probably severed the links between the bender's body and their chi. Kinda like how chi-blockers usually do (outside the body), but Amon did it from the inside. We all have seen the position Amon puts his hands on the bender's head, like the Lion Turtles.
Amon wasn't the only human besides the Avatar able to take out bending. Hundun, Korra's nemesis in the videogame, also had this capacity. Plus, he said that he would remove Korra's chi in order to reconstruct his body. Korra in the videogame has to relearn how to bend by thinking in the Elements' philosofy. Could other people, victims of Amon, do the same?
Im not sure I would take that game as a source considering you dont even need water to waterbend....

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Amon used bloodbending to shatter chi pathways beyond repair, hence why Katara was unable to repair it. If you think of chi pathways being like a bridge road, Amon basically used the river underneath to totally shatter the bridge, so Katara bending that same "river" was unable to fix anything. An energybender, however, is more like bending the "bridge", so Korra was able to restore bending this way. All of that is from Bryke :)
Can't argue with bryke.