• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending properties

Joeri

Verified Member
You cannot clearly see anything. Sorry, but it's an animated TV show. Those few frames aren't enough to say toph could lavabend
It looks more like lava then it does not look like lava.
Just look at it yourself, unless you can prove its something else than lava you have no valid standpoint

It's giving off light, looks just like lava and is under a boiling pot. Now explain how it could be anything different

Joeri

Verified Member
Also, your removing things from context, bloodbending is as sub whether you like it or not, you can't just remove that. Waterbenders can bend multiple subs

SeismicSense is also a sub element, toph could seismicsense and metalbend

Astral Projection and Flight are sub elements aswell, zaheer could do both.

Lightning Redirection, and Generation - Iroh could do both

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It looks more like lava then it does not look like lava.
Just look at it yourself, unless you can prove its something else than lava you have no valid standpoint

It's giving off light, looks just like lava and is under a boiling pot. Now explain how it could be anything different
Saying it looks like lava means nothing, unless you can prove it is lava, I have no reason to believe it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Also, your removing things from context, bloodbending is as sub whether you like it or not, you can't just remove that. Waterbenders can bend multiple subs

SeismicSense is also a sub element, toph could seismicsense and metalbend

Astral Projection and Flight are sub elements aswell, zaheer could do both.

Lightning Redirection, and Generation - Iroh could do both
Bloodbending, while counted as a subelement here, really isnt anything different than normal waterbending, there's just a type of shell to enclose it. The human body is 70% ~ water for pete's sake, if you couldn't bend the water inside I'd be surprised.

SeismicSense isn't a subelement because there's no chemical change to the earth, as I proved before, subelements are a chemical change in the main element.

Zaheer couldn't spiritually project himself into the normal world, which is what spiritual projection is.

The lightning subelement is both of those yes, but they are based on training. Any firebender could learn to lightning bend, as shown by zuko. All zuko was ever taught was Redirection.

Joeri

Verified Member
Bloodbending, while counted as a subelement here, really isnt anything different than normal waterbending, there's just a type of shell to enclose it. The human body is 70% ~ water for pete's sake, if you couldn't bend the water inside I'd be surprised.

SeismicSense isn't a subelement because there's no chemical change to the earth, as I proved before, subelements are a chemical change in the main element.

Zaheer couldn't spiritually project himself into the normal world, which is what spiritual projection is.

The lightning subelement is both of those yes, but they are based on training. Any firebender could learn to lightning bend, as shown by zuko. All zuko was ever taught was Redirection.
Blood is still a sub-element, whether you like it or not. You cant just change that depending on the fact its still bending water, the term sub element was never even clarified and it's the whole point they bend the same. How do they bend metal? by bending the litte bits of EARTH inside. techniqually they are still bending the same but using the earth bits to manipulate the metal

Just how bloodbenders are using water to manipulate the body.

Iroh could do 2 sub elements, redirection and generation. Zuko isnt involved in this

Joeri

Verified Member
Saying it looks like lava means nothing, unless you can prove it is lava, I have no reason to believe it.
No, you prove that it isn't lava, so far i got more evidence that it's lava then you got evidence it's not

- It has the colours as lava
- Looks flat like lava would, so possibility of it being coals is lowered.
- It's giving of light - meaning it's a heat source
- It's boiling the pot

And you got?
- huh durrr those few frames not enugh

thats the best proof ever.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Blood is still a sub-element, whether you like it or not. You cant just change that depending on the fact its still bending water, the term sub element was never even clarified and it's the whole point they bend the same. How do they bend metal? by bending the litte bits of EARTH inside. techniqually they are still bending the same but using the earth bits to manipulate the metal

Just how bloodbenders are using water to manipulate the body.

Iroh could do 2 sub elements, redirection and generation. Zuko isnt involved in this
But there is a chemical change in earth to metal, there is not chemical change in the water stored in your body.

And lightning itself is a subelement, whether you can create and redirect or not depends on your skill.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, you prove that it isn't lava, so far i got more evidence that it's lava then you got evidence it's not

- It has the colours as lava
- Looks flat like lava would, so possibility of it being coals is lowered.
- It's giving of light - meaning it's a heat source
- It's boiling the pot

And you got?
- huh durrr those few frames not enugh

thats the best proof ever.
First off, if you're going to quote me, don't insult me while doing so.

Looking like lava doesn't mean it is lava. I don't need anymore proof than what I already have, because what proof I have is better than your's. Unless you have some clip where she actually bent the lava, or bryke saying so, then you have no good proof.

Joeri

Verified Member
But there is a chemical change in earth to metal, there is not chemical change in the water stored in your body.

And lightning itself is a subelement, whether you can create and redirect or not depends on your skill.
Lightning itself is not a sub element. Lightning Generation is one and Lightning Redirection is one

First off, if you're going to quote me, don't insult me while doing so.

Looking like lava doesn't mean it is lava. I don't need anymore proof than what I already have, because what proof I have is better than your's. Unless you have some clip where she actually bent the lava, or bryke saying so, then you have no good proof.
Just because she doesnt bend in the scene doesn't explain how she got a substance that looks 99.9% like lava thats giving off heat. I still got more points on this then you, you so far only have stated that "she doesnt bend it"

But there is a chemical change in earth to metal, there is not chemical change in the water stored in your body
Since when does something have to chemically change to be a sub element?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lightning itself is not a sub element. Lightning Generation is one and Lightning Redirection is one

Just because she doesnt bend in the scene doesn't explain how she got a substance that looks 99.9% like lava thats giving off heat. I still got more points on this then you, you so far only have stated that "she doesnt bend it"

Since when does something have to chemically change to be a sub element?
We could go all day arguing about lightning. Either of us could be right.

I bet there are a lot of substances that look like lava and give off light and heat.

It's part of my theory. And it makes sense, but you could be right.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You're basicly saying that pith plant and bloodbending arent sub elements, which is simply broken logic. Then lava isnt a sub element either, because it is just molten earth.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You're basicly saying that pith plant and bloodbending arent sub elements, which is simply broken logic. Then lava isnt a sub element either, because it is just molten earth.
I gave reason as to why they aren't. And why lava is.

Joeri

Verified Member
It was never stated you would have to bend a different substance, because that's quite literally impossible.
With that logic, sub elements don't exist entirely. expect for lightning and astral.
With metal, and lava you're still bending the earth. Same with plant and ice

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It was never stated you would have to bend a different substance, because that's quite literally impossible.
With that logic, sub elements don't exist entirely. expect for lightning and astral.
With metal, and lava you're still bending the earth. Same with plant and ice
I'm going to state this as simply as I can.
I do not believe that some subelements are actually subelements. I believe actual subelements occur when a chemical change literally changes the original substance they are able to bend. This would be lava, metal, lightning, Healing, breath/asphyxiation, combustion. Things like plant, ice, blood, sand, mud, etc. are not true subelements because there is no chemical change.

Joeri

Verified Member
I'm going to state this as simply as I can.
I do not believe that some subelements are actually subelements. I believe actual subelements occur when a chemical change literally changes the original substance they are able to bend. This would be lava, metal, lightning, Healing, breath/asphyxiation, combustion. Things like plant, ice, blood, sand, mud, etc. are not true subelements because there is no chemical change.
Nobody ever stated there needed to be a chemical change.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nobody ever stated there needed to be a chemical change.
Exactly. That's why this is a hypothesis. Because nothing is confirmed. It's just what I personally see makes the most sense. If you'd like to try to find flaws in my logic, go ahead. But I wish you good luck.