• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important An open and honest discussion on the state of our community

Cheeze_Itz

As a long time avatar fan with no computer experience, having someone available to help teach the move making process would be cool. I understand the developers cant make every move we come up with but if more people knew how to create their own moves I think it would keep everyone's interest relevant, plus nothing is more exciting then new moves being added to the list. I know there are lots of instructional videos out there but for someone who gets caught up and confused when something doesnt go exactly as its depicted in the instructions, some kind of one on one lesson based thing could be cool if thats possible (even payed lessons maybe to bring money to the site?)

Sorin

I wish I had more input to provide, but people have already said a lot of what I was thinking. Anyways, what I personally would like is being able to keep the community more in the loop with development, like a thread where devs can post screenshots and gifs of new things that are being implemented, talk of bugs that have been fixed, etc.
I'm not a real member of the community (you may notice that this is my first post), but a Discord Server (or any voice chat server) may be a good idea ? (But perhaps there is one that I do not know about?)
Could provide stronger bonds and help to develop an idea before suggesting it.
^ I honestly would love something like this, not sure how many people would use it, but I think it would be really fun to try out.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
As a long time avatar fan with no computer experience, having someone available to help teach the move making process would be cool. I understand the developers cant make every move we come up with but if more people knew how to create their own moves I think it would keep everyone's interest relevant, plus nothing is more exciting then new moves being added to the list. I know there are lots of instructional videos out there but for someone who gets caught up and confused when something doesnt go exactly as its depicted in the instructions, some kind of one on one lesson based thing could be cool if thats possible (even payed lessons maybe to bring money to the site?)
I believe we're currently having an official tutorial written up explaining how the ProjectKorra API works so other developers can easily follow the process of creating abilities, or using it for other plugins. If you have questions about it, before or after it's been published, feel free to send me a message. I wouldn't mind explaining a few things. :)

I wish I had more input to provide, but people have already said a lot of what I was thinking. Anyways, what I personally would like is being able to keep the community more in the loop with development, like a thread where devs can post screenshots and gifs of new things that are being implemented, talk of bugs that have been fixed, etc.

^ I honestly would love something like this, not sure how many people would use it, but I think it would be really fun to try out.
yesyesyesyesyes

For the Core updates, whenever a pull request gets merged chuck some gifs and screenies of what's changed. I'm sure people would like to see that.

Cheeze_Itz

I believe we're currently having an official tutorial written up explaining how the ProjectKorra API works so other developers can easily follow the process of creating abilities, or using it for other plugins. If you have questions about it, before or after it's been published, feel free to send me a message. I wouldn't mind explaining a few things. :)

yesyesyesyesyes

For the Core updates, whenever a pull request gets merged chuck some gifs and screenies of what's changed. I'm sure people would like to see that.
Ill be taking you up on that for sure thanks so much!

The updates aren't coming fast enough.
Minecraft is currently in it's 1.10.2 and the update for 1.8 just came out. People don't want to wait for a plugin to make a new version so that they can enjoy the new features being constantly added into the game. A big concern for me is that Project Korra is starting to fall behind, and I honestly don't understand how this is happening.

There are 10 developers at your fingertips, I don't know if they're just not putting the effort in to bring updates as the game progresses or if there are bigger issues that need to be addressed. Think about it, after a while you're going to get tired of having to restart Minecraft and go into a later version of the game to play. It's not worth it to the players, it gives off the impression that the plugin is slowly dying.

This is just the lonesome opinion of a former staff member and long time player.

I agree With this I used this plugin for the longest time and due to the demand from players wanting updates i was forced shut down my server that had been entirely built themed off of the bending and avatar.

I'm not a real member of the community (you may notice that this is my first post), but a Discord Server (or any voice chat server) may be a good idea ? (But perhaps there is one that I do not know about?)
Could provide stronger bonds and help to develop an idea before suggesting it.
Might turn out to be an interesting thing.