• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important An open and honest discussion on the state of our community

Hero

Verified Member
The problem with Project Korra right now is that there is not enough staff to cover the amount of people suggesting. When I joined, suggestions were appropriately judged and looked into. Nowadays, too many people are suggesting from a ratio of 5:2 (2 being the amount of CD's and 5 being the amount of suggestions). And those suggestions are being looked into or denied all because that particular CD believes that if they don't use it, who else would.

But the problem doesn't stop there. The staff has been growing and shrinking so fast and spontaneously, it's like people who ask to be staff have a 100% chance of getting in, regardless of if they have been staff already or how many times they violate the rules. I am not saying the current staff members need to let go of their personal lives; I am saying that the hiring and moderation of staff members needs to be stricter.

Stricter as in acting professional when in the eyes of the public. Not as in secrecy or in more complicated terms, scheming. Another reason why there're so many denied suggestions are because we are in the dark while CD's and Developers are scheming about what they are including. You say that we are essentially your life line but many other website forums let their members know what they are looking for.

I love Project Korra so I would love to see it in a better state.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The problem with Project Korra right now is that there is not enough staff to cover the amount of people suggesting. When I joined, suggestions were appropriately judged and looked into. Nowadays, too many people are suggesting from a ratio of 5:2 (2 being the amount of CD's and 5 being the amount of suggestions). And those suggestions are being looked into or denied all because that particular CD believes that if they don't use it, who else would.
I was about to post a rand adding to yours that staff don't really post personal work annoucements. I would like to know who is currently busy with real life stuff/taking vacations from the forum and who is doing work? I wish staff would be more open to that and at least a few words of 4 or 5 in their wall if they are working on something or out for a week. I'm been sending to one staff member many pm's but not have them being response, knowing latter on that the developer hasn't been active on the forum and with the plugin for over a decade. Another option would be implant to the forum some sort of system, that deactivates the channel temporarily when asked to adminstrator by the account's user, which let's us know with a text message that she or he won't come to the forum until x day, unallowing us to bother the channel and spam it with many conversations.

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hey all -- as promised I'm continuing to read through every single post. Keep ideas coming. We will be acting on some (and have already acted on some) in the near future. Here's a summary of suggestions for easy-read that have been posted since I last posted a summary (Link here)

Here goes part 2:
  • Options for multiple forum themes (with a theme chooser)
  • Reorganize the navigation bar / news alerts banner
  • Dedicated support forums for each project
  • Updated FAQ / pinned threads
  • Mobile friendly browsing
  • Voice Server
  • Official ProjectKorra Server
  • Tweak the Shoutbox (be able to read all unread messages, etc)
  • Clear explanation of what it takes to be a staff member
  • Development Progress Bar
    • I'll post a quick update here (will be expanded upon later). Because of the fluidity of each update / uncertainty in the amount of bugs that exist in a given update, we can't give "progress bars". We have, however, opened up the development process a bit. You can now view the official ProjectKorra Trello to see which staff members are working on what features, what has been done, etc. Worth noting that until something is actually released, things here are subject to change. Link: https://trello.com/b/df60DRGP/projectkorra-development
  • Include more abilities (like in JedCore is what the suggestion said specifically)
  • Divide plugin into two separate parts (First part: master list / permissions giver, second part: the bending moves)
  • Built in Bending board
  • There aren't enough staff members to cover the number of suggestions we receive (hire more Concept Designers)
  • Hiring process needs to be stricter
  • Community should know which staff members are present and which are not (staff should post "off days" publicly)

PhanaticD

Verified Member
my suggestion is try to not make changes that break addons, so even if they go inactive they can still be used

paliate

Verified Member
I disagree that
there is not enough staff to cover the amount of people suggesting
I feel as though half the staff just aren't putting in their fair share.
It's quite something to see staff members going days without even so much as logging into the forum, it shows lack of dedication.
There really should be a team evaluation for demotion. Personal friendships put aside and just deal with the actual work environment.

Again, I understand everyone has their own lives but going days without logging in is just unacceptable in my eyes.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Again, I understand everyone has their own lives but going days without logging in is just unacceptable in my eyes.
I thought nobody to that only but me. Concept Developers hop in sometimes in server, but for what reason do they? They might as well take their time while they are in here to filter out suggestions. Suggestions need filtering, and the number of unlooked threads right now is absurd. This is time in where mostly CD's priority should be focused on these tasks than any other. Yeah, you guys always say "I have a life too you know", but what can be more important than not doing what you suppose to while you're signed in online in the forum? "It's a volunterring thing" Yeah? Well... look on it these way: 7 threads in total having a response from you and looking/denial/review set throught the YeAr. That doesn't seem right to me. Funny, this example might as well be a fact if you continue "volunterring" through out this year with that kind of attidude.

Matt

Verified Member
I thought nobody to that only but me. Concept Developers hop in sometimes in server, but for what reason do they? They might as well take their time while they are in here to filter out suggestions. Suggestions need filtering, and the number of unlooked threads right now is absurd. This is time in where mostly CD's priority should be focused on these tasks than any other. Yeah, you guys always say "I have a life too you know", but what can be more important than not doing what you suppose to while you're signed in online in the forum? "It's a volunterring thing" Yeah? Well... look on it these way: 7 threads in total having a response from you and looking/denial/review set throught the YeAr. That doesn't seem right to me. Funny, this example might as well be a fact if you continue "volunterring" through out this year with that kind of attidude.
While a lot of suggestions do get denied most of them get denied for good reason. Some of them aren't descriptive enough and some of them are rushed with little thought put into them. I still however, do agree we need a larger variety of concept designers and not just one or two people approving or denying suggestions.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While a lot of suggestions do get denied most of them get denied for good reason. Some of them aren't descriptive enough and some of them are rushed with little thought put into them. I still however, do agree we need a larger variety of concept designers and not just one or two people approving or denying suggestions.
I'm not talking about denied suggestions. I'm talking about the suggestions, mostly important the nowadays we have, are being left to the the abyss of ignorance with a tag of "Suggestions". I can confidently say that our beloved Concept Designers didn't put much effort into taking a look of them before and after the release of the stable, showing no dedication this year for their role as @paliate claimed above my comment. You can see it yourself by just going to the very first page of the Core Suggestions. I would appreciate if Apparently it isn't like that as how I imagine - there are ignored suggestions than how I envision. You could say I was blind and too stubborn to check myself twice to confirm my claim as a fact. Although, I'm still am right about it regarding with the past-- cds didn't really filtered them out sufficently often on daily schedule, but since I can understand how hard for them to keep mainting this task while being over-carried with other stuff (e.g. gathering ideas into making a whole to-do list for devs) so I don't have anything to complain about that.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I am not saying the current staff members need to let go of their personal lives; I am saying that the hiring and moderation of staff members needs to be stricter.
Just saying, I really like this.

my suggestion is try to not make changes that break addons, so even if they go inactive they can still be used
This wouldn't be possible and changes to the game and general improvements to the features could do this. Unfortunately it is not our responsibility to make sure other developers keep their addons updated. If an old author goes inactive the only work around would to give the code to another developer to keep the addon updated.

I was about to post a rand adding to yours that staff don't really post personal work annoucements. I would like to know who is currently busy with real life stuff/taking vacations from the forum and who is doing work? I wish staff would be more open to that and at least a few words of 4 or 5 in their wall if they are working on something or out for a week. I'm been sending to one staff member many pm's but not have them being response, knowing latter on that the developer hasn't been active on the forum and with the plugin for over a decade. Another option would be implant to the forum some sort of system, that deactivates the channel temporarily when asked to adminstrator by the account's user, which let's us know with a text message that she or he won't come to the forum until x day, unallowing us to bother the channel and spam it with many conversations.
I like this, and from now on will post stuff on my wall, so follow me! ;) (shamelessselfpromotion)
In Mist's post, he provided a link to our Trello page so all users can view the current cards. You can see what's "To-Do", "In Progress", "Completed", and "Merged". There you can see who completes what and who's currently working on what! :)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Since I have been moderating and keeping the community clean for a while, I have noticed some threads can become slightly hostile in responses. That is one thing I feel is downright wrong, what I would like to see is the community getting along and being happy - being cooperative makes developing a plugin with community input a whole lot easier.

That's my main issue with the community, and it's the first problem I feel could be fixed. But don't get me wrong, ProjectKorra's community is amazing as it is already.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Since I have been moderating and keeping the community clean for a while, I have noticed some threads can become slightly hostile in responses. That is one thing I feel is downright wrong, what I would like to see is the community getting along and being happy - being cooperative makes developing a plugin with community input a whole lot easier.

That's my main issue with the community, and it's the first problem I feel could be fixed. But don't get me wrong, ProjectKorra's community is amazing as it is already.
Hostile in what way? Hostile to the staff, hostile towards players, or both? Either way, being hostile on here isn't right, but you can't say you expect the players to be 100% happy with how things were going before Mist came back from the dead if you think people have been hostile towards staff.