• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important An open and honest discussion on the state of our community

SuperBower118

Verified Member
The state of the community is also not so good. People are growing up and leaving. I think it'd be best if PK actually used their PK channel, or someone else made some videos on a couple of things. Maybe some tutorials, and ratings of moves (this was done in the past with some earth and lava moves by a PKer, I don't see why it can't be done again). What would make this unique is that the community could even help, such as writing scripts or laying out designs for said tutorials and ratings.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There needs to be some sort of way to bring back old threads that have just gotten lost in time. Bumping is technically illegal (not that anyone seems to moderate bumping anyways lmao), but it's the only way to bring back good ideas.
CDs need to actually look into the glorious library of Looking Intos, and do something with it. I reckon there's a lot of good ideas that have been abandoned.

Also, I do feel like threads are being denied a bit too easily. I'm not saying that players should grab their pitchforks, but there should generally be a section for the PK forums that's dedicated for (heated) debates about certain ideas being brought back from either Denied or Looking Into, or even perhaps removing a feature. Forum User v. Forum User. No staff ranks (CDs) to hold anyone back by locking threads, expect obviously Moderators who have to do their jobs. This would let some good communication, and take some of edge off of a whole Staff vs Community scenario.
To add to this, frequent checking of staff applications, so more applications could possibly be accepted and therefore adding more people who can implement the lovely ideas, more people to moderate the community, and people who help these things become reality.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hey everyone -- I've done some catching up and compiled a list of some of the ideas shared so far. Here's a brief synopsis.

I encourage discussion continuing, this is only the beginning. It does provide a nice framework for some things that may need to be worked on.

Keep in mind, me listing ideas here isn't necessarily my approval -- it's just collecting them in one spot so that I can refer back to them easily.

Without further ado:
  • Change the Staff Secrecy Policy
  • New rules for add-on developers and add-on software
  • Better restrictions on content plagiarism
  • Faster updates
  • Ideas being shot down too quickly / change (and clearly define) the Concept Design process
  • Hire more developers
  • Cleaner / Better Managed Resource Section
  • Downloadable Items for the Items plugin
  • Pay more attention to the sub plugins (RPG, Spirits, Probending)
  • Some way to bring back old threads that have been lost in time (without punishment) that may still have some value to them
  • Concept Designers should look into old "Looking Into" threads for ideas, mark them as such.
  • Sections of the ProjectKorra forums dedicated for debates without fear of staff locking the thread immediately
  • Utilize the ProjectKorra YouTube Channel (Tutorials, Ratings of Abilities, Release Teasers, etc) -- Bring the community in when possible.
  • Check staff applications more frequently, make the hiring process clearer

I told you I would read all of the stuff posted here -- please keep it coming!

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would love to see some theme options for the forums (the ability to change themes) along with some actual new themes. I'm also happy to help with that if necessary as well, if needed ;)

Another big change I think there should be is the reoraginzation of the navbar (forums, bug reports, staff apps, etc. sections) as well as more updates to the update banner as well. The last update we had for it was about Probending and it feels like it has been forgotten about, yet it still takes up quite a bit of space.

One final thing I'd like to suggest is a reorganization or some additions to the current "forums". Right now, the only place new members can ask for help is the Shoutbox, Bug reports or General Discussion. I honestly think there should at least be a "Support" sub-category for all of our plugins so things are more organized.

Just my opinion though :)

Edit: I also think our forums could use with an update to pinned discussions. An updated FAQ would be nice, but I think stuff that is outdated from 2 years ago should also be unpinned. A lot of it isn't really valid anymore.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Make an mobile compatible supported site. There are some issues floating around when using from here - the smartphone, and I'm pretty decent is not my browser doing it. One of the examples, whenever I click to pop me my profile panel (via the bubble on the right), it is left blank white with invisible clickies.

Nokorbis

I'm not a real member of the community (you may notice that this is my first post), but a Discord Server (or any voice chat server) may be a good idea ? (But perhaps there is one that I do not know about?)
Could provide stronger bonds and help to develop an idea before suggesting it.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm not a real member of the community (you may notice that this is my first post), but a Discord Server (or any voice chat server) may be a good idea ? (But perhaps there is one that I do not know about?)
Could provide stronger bonds and help to develop an idea before suggesting it.
I kind of like this. Some way members of the community can come together and talk to each other and toss ideas back and forth verbally, and not text. However and idea like this would need a bit of support, because there isn't much point setting it up if no one would use it.

Also, as for giving more attention to the side plugins. I'm in full support of this, however with not very many active developers it's not like we can allocate developers to specific plugins. If we were to do that then no one would be left to work on Core. I suppose this ties back to the "hire more developers" point.

spiritsspiritsspirits

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Another idea would be to make an actual official ProjectKorra server- with a spawn, arena, maybe a wilderness and if a good amount of people join, tournaments. Perhaps it could be a Bungee server that could link to a world where we'd do Youtube Videos (maybe add a whitelist?) and the test server, and a build world, where people could build community made arenas or areas for the spawn, or even props for the PK videos.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I can see potential positives and negatives with the idea, and personally I'm not 100% sure on it. It is certainly something that should be discussed. Thank you for your input.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
  • Some way to bring back old threads that have been lost in time (without punishment) that may still have some value to them
Concept developers by simply looking into those post (not referring as the tag) would be enough, If they aren't doing it already. There tons of suggestion without any tag changes or responses to threads that have a few and especelly non replies at all. You (or I) can't know If they are paying any attention to old threads or not. Feels like they are skipping from others. Not asking to do anything about it, but just letting that I never seen a concept developers giving any sign that they are looking back at old threads. They only do with the most recent ones, like somewhere from page 1 to page 5. Just wanna know if a quarter of those threads aren't left out unseen by our Concept Designers.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also, tweak the shoutbox chat or make a new one, that allows us to trace all the messages from the starting and end point which is the hour you came to there (basically, 24 hours). It would make a little bit easier as the message might be gone n a few hours (depending if the chat is super active) which happen to be important to you but you cannot recall it.

Sorry for typing this in a second reply in a row, but I had to. Otherwise, nobody might have picked it since my edit.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would like a clear explanation of what it takes to be a dev, or a concept designer, or a moderator or etc

Matt

Verified Member
Also, tweak the shoutbox chat or make a new one, that allows us to trace all the messages from the starting and end point which is the hour you came to there (basically, 24 hours). It would make a little bit easier as the message might be gone n a few hours (depending if the chat is super active) which happen to be important to you but you cannot recall it.

Sorry for typing this in a second reply in a row, but I had to. Otherwise, nobody might have picked it since my edit.
That'd be kind of cool, like a viewable chat log or something.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
maybe a progress bar, something like
1.9.0 Beta 1 - (60% complete)

er somthin....;)
At the moment, we're going to be releasing betas bi-weekly; and what goes into each beta and the amount that goes into each beta will varry completely between each beta. It'd kinda be hard to gauge that, sadly. It is a nice idea though :)

Perhaps after each beta, we get the banner up the top updated though...?

Matt

Verified Member
maybe a progress bar, something like
1.9.0 Beta 1 - (60% complete)

er somthin....;)
Wouldn't work because we can never be sure how many more bugs there are that we are not aware of, this bar would fluctuate a lot if it did exist.

Jack_08

Verified Member
At the moment, we're going to be releasing betas bi-weekly; and what goes into each beta and the amount that goes into each beta will varry completely between each beta. It'd kinda be hard to gauge that, sadly. It is a nice idea though :)

Perhaps after each beta, we get the banner up the top updated though...?
Wouldn't work because we can never be sure how many more bugs there are that we are not aware of, this bar would fluctuate a lot if it did exist.
well ok :)

star2wars3

Verified Member
I have 2 main ideas:

1. I'm not sure whether or not this would be a stupid idea or not(and I don't know enough about how project korra is implemented to figure it out, especially since I'm typing this out at 11pm) but I was thinking that a possible way to increase the frequency of updates would be to divide the actual plugin into 2 separate parts.

The first part would serve almost as a master list/permissions giver for all moves but would not in itself, necessarily contain any moves. The idea of this is to get out least a basic support frame for project korra so that those who code addons (whether official or unofficial) will get tat least a base version of project korra to start building addons and bending moves for.

The second part would be the actual bending moves which depending of the file system of the project korra could be added into different folders.
ex. various bending moves in a folder which contains all the moves available on a server
other ex. possibly an addon folder for addons.

2. A built in bending board (similar to the one in jedcore)