• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironraptor3

Verified Member
Airblast has more uses to it than just mobility. You can use it to throw people into walls, you can use it to push people away to give your self some space. If you really only use AirBlast for mobility, you must be one of the airbenders that constantly run, Sorry, not sorry. The fact that so many people need it for mobility WHEN there are two other forms of mobility(More than that if you want to count Addons that most servers have) is honestly sad.

^ This here bub, is a balanced version of the AirBlast launch function. The only possible reason you could be against this is because you wont be able to adapt your fighting style, and that my friend, is un-skillful. If this suggestion really cripples you as an airbender, you should look for a new element, because airbending is not for you.
Again, you did not read my other post, where I wrote a paragraph on the other uses of airblast. The problem is, its MORE valuable for its mobility, and many will not bind it. Why do you keep not reading my responses then arguing with things I already covered? . _ . You even used this as a reason to discount MY posts, when you were the one guilty of it all along...

Also, insulting my abilities as an airbender as an ad hominem attack is kinda bad, considering thats a major logical fallacy. Moreover, do you really think an airbender could win WITHOUT airblast vs fire/earth?

"Bub" lmao

"Airbending is not for you"-

Clearly, as I have, once again, stated before: the point of this thread is to cripple air itself, and not individual players. Even you are pushing this on people, saying people should stop playing air because you think you can force them to do so. You clearly just want air nerfed to the ground rather than being interested in balance, and therefore, your argument is biased and full of holes.

Look at catapult it can be used as mobility, besides it was never show them launching like that all the time or they would get places a lot faster..... Use airscooter and use this to dodge and get high places.
The first part of your post agrees with me and contradicts the second part. I have no idea what you even mean.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Air is not op what so ever on balanced servers. It is so easy to defend against them and kill them. I can beat good airbenders as fire, air, earth, water, and chi. This thread is put to effect would make air useless. It would make it so boring and not as fun.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I really hope you don't mean removing the shift ability would cripple airbenders... Because that is not the case for any resourceful bender.

Air is my main element and I am pretty good at it. I would not mind if the shift ability was taken from airblast or airsuction. Yes, it would take a bit of getting used to. But I happen to love a challenge. Airblast may be "fun" to use but it is hardly realistic and it's hard to get the authentic bending battle while an airbender is blasting themselves in the air whenever they may choose. This thread has opened my eyes to what airblast actually is, and I don't agree with having the shift option for airblast or airsuction anymore.

Basically the people who simply just want to PvP want to keep the Shift option but those who want a realistic or authentic, balanced battle want it removed.

Last edited:

Ironraptor3

Verified Member
I really hope you don't mean removing the shift ability would cripple airbenders... Because that is not the case for any resourceful bender.

Air is my main element and I am pretty good at it. I would not mind if the shift ability was taken from airblast or airsuction. Yes, it would take a bit of getting used to. But I happen to love a challenge. Airblast may be "fun" to use but it is hardly realistic and it's hard to get the authentic bending battle while an airbender is blasting themselves in the air whenever they may choose. This thread has opened my eyes to what airblast actually is, and I don't agree with having the shift option for airblast or airsuction anymore.

Basically the people who simply just want to PvP want to keep the Shift option but those who want a realistic or authentic, balanced battle want it removed.
Do you intend to pve with it though? If so thats fine, but the pvp aspect of the plugin is just as important. Balanced battle tho? No one on this thread has even acknowledged that other moves have the same problem, its not a "balanced fight" if someone can rely on something op while the airbender sits there watching his hp go down from his lack of ability to vex his/her opponent via manipulation and speed.

Any resourceful bender tho? In tla, would waterbenders still be able to kill others without watermanip? Or if they did not, would you just call them bad for not being resourceful enough?

"airblast may be fun to use" , and people play minecraft for the competition?

The whole point is, air CAN have airblast removed without consequences if done correctly, however, this is not feasible, as it would involve complete rebalances of a majority of the plugin. And if resourcefulness means spamming airblade/punch and airshield, then the concept of air being mobile is out the window.

Air needs an ability to make up for its lack of damage and lack of defense (or supposed lack of defense, i have no idea why airshield blocks nearly everything right now), through movement. If one can do that without relying on the new air shield or the new left click-instant damage moves, fine by me. However, none of these exist at the moment.

I understand the need to fix airblast, as even I feel its somewhat overpowered in conjunction with the new air abilities. However, in summary, there is really nothing to be done unless one completely revamps air, along with the other elements to compensate.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Air is completely mobile. By resourceful I mean, look at other moves you can use rather than always depending on a move like Airblast. Airbenders get speed. They have airscooter to get somewhere quickly. Most servers offer Air Breath which will help you get to a higher level quickly. If there is Airbreath, sometimes there is AirGlide. You can gliidddeeee away. Airblast will still exist, so push your enemy away. You will have Airsuction to pull them behind you quickly so you can get away. You will have airsweep to push them away. You will have airburst to push people away. There is no need to limit yourself to airblast when you have so many other moves that you can use as an alternative.

Sorin

Verified Member
Again, you did not read my other post, where I wrote a paragraph on the other uses of airblast. The problem is, its MORE valuable for its mobility, and many will not bind it. Why do you keep not reading my responses then arguing with things I already covered? . _ . You even used this as a reason to discount MY posts, when you were the one guilty of it all along...

Also, insulting my abilities as an airbender as an ad hominem attack is kinda bad, considering thats a major logical fallacy. Moreover, do you really think an airbender could win WITHOUT airblast vs fire/earth?

"Bub" lmao

"Airbending is not for you"-

Clearly, as I have, once again, stated before: the point of this thread is to cripple air itself, and not individual players. Even you are pushing this on people, saying people should stop playing air because you think you can force them to do so. You clearly just want air nerfed to the ground rather than being interested in balance, and therefore, your argument is biased and full of holes.

The first part of your post agrees with me and contradicts the second part. I have no idea what you even mean.
I don't agree with you in any way at all, and i'm not gonna go through the thread trying to find posts you have made just to disagree with you in the end anyways. And in my opinion this would be a really good re-balance, and I hope this does happen, and if it doesn't i'll be releasing an Airblast+ based completely off of this suggestion, so if its added or not doesn't affect me in any way at all, but I would like it added to core.

Moving along to you thinking my opinion is bias. I legit play air 50% of the time when I bend, and I really enjoy the element, but trying to fight another airbender that just runs away with airblast is silly, and most of the time makes for an endless battle, and if me wanting people not to have that kind of crazy mobility is bias, then fine, i'm bias. And to answer your question, yes, I do think an airbender can win any fight without the mobility function within airblast, as you have a jump and speed passive, as well as AirScooter and AirSpout, and if the server has JedCore, AirBreath. Plenty of mobility.

Sidenote, you really think my "argument" is full of holes? No, its my opinion, and opinions are usually "full of holes" if you disagree with said opinion, be honest with your self, this isn't debate class, this a forum where you can state your opinion, and people will either agree with it or not agree with it. In the end, it really doesn't even matter what our opinion is on this, as it will never affect if it is added to core or not, as that is completely up to the pk team, and I highly doubt that our "arguments" are gonna change their mind in any way at all.

But, let's just agree to disagree.

And since you are probably gonna respond with another paragraph about how this will "break" airbending, i'm just gonna block you to save myself the time of reading a redundant opinion that I disagree with, that has very little chance of changing.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This is comparable to the Firejet Nerfing thread.
If you had to ask me, I disagree with airblast propelling users. I do think that airbenders should be able to propel themselves with airbending to a certain extent. However, when it gets to the point when airbenders can jump 30 blocks, land, and then jump 30 blocks AGAIN, as soon as they land, it gets to the point where air's too mobile. It doesn't represent the show and it's the pretty ridiculous.

Sorin

Verified Member
If you had to ask me, I disagree with airblast propelling users. I do think that airbenders should be able to propel themselves with airbending to a certain extent. However, when it gets to the point when airbenders can jump 30 blocks, land, and then jump 30 blocks AGAIN, as soon as they land, it gets to the point where air's too mobile. It doesn't represent the show and it's the pretty ridiculous.
If only I could give you both the like and agree rating on the same post.

Green

Verified Member
Ok people please stop arguing. There is no point in arguing that airblast is isn't OP! And if you really can't fight a fight without airblast launch, then i got to really actually be honest, you should not be air. I am a almost full time airbender and I hardly use airblast..... You hold it for 3 seconds you can get to high ground, but it has a cooldown. Airblast's mechanic doesn't make sense and it is way to OP.

It is not a fight when two air benders are chasing each other around on airblast.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This is what I agree with. This is why I think Air Jump is a perfect alternative. It's realistic, canon, and balanced depending on how the server owner or developer configured it. Air Jump all the way

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
However, when it gets to the point when airbenders can jump 30 blocks, land, and then jump 30 blocks AGAIN, as soon as they land, it gets to the point where air's too mobile. It doesn't represent the show and it's the pretty ridiculous.
Even I don't play and fight airbenders that often, I see your argument as a valid point. They aren't airbenders, airblast makes them superman-s.

Someone should make a comparing a video, where in one side we see the canon footage, on the other right/left we see in-game clip. That might stop people whining about these negative fuss.

promancer

Verified Member
Its been awhile pk... I see you've been bus- oh another air nerf. Back to psn then...

On a more serious note, airblast sourcing is very usefull to airbenders. Although not realistic (not by a long shot) it needs to be there. Each element has its poison, and as @Ironraptor3 said, with this change in air, other elements should be treated the same by your logic. Firejet wasn't used in lok or tla to propell firebenders directly off the ground. Catapult wasn't used as high as it currently is set by default, unless they were caught, they died. Waterbending's pretty good, if not for plant sourcing/fluidity.

I don't really like this suggestion since it removed a part of air thats been in it since the original plugin. Airbenders getting to the point where they can use airblast mid air just shows how extensively applied it is into the plugin.

I wouldn't mind if airblast was nerfed, which it actually can be in config, but when talking about realism in the plugin, there has been alot of exceptions that impact their elements hugely. Take for example fire's ability to catch people on fire. It was stated that it wouldn't be removed, even though it isn't part of the show, at all. That extra one to two hearts of damage minimum *I play as fire so I appreciate it alot* when hitting someone, they have to run, or deal with the disorientation and extra damage.

At some point cannon has to be given up to feasibility to the bending user. Creativity can reach far but mc just isn't interactive enough to counteract the op moves with creativity of the bender. That is not to excuse op moves, but just saying in general.

(please excuse any grammar errors i may have or things i may have gotten wrong, ive had very little sleep in the past few days)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Nerfing other mobility abilities - I'm okay with that. By default comfig, sourcing should be set to off.

While Mist rejected the antiburning firebending, there was a thread that got set to look into, so maybe there is a chance for a config option to appear that allows moderators to set this feature on.

Green

Verified Member
Dude you can still go high with this move, it is cannon, and you can dodge a lot quicker. Just because it has been in the plugin since the begging doesn't mean we should keep it, that is not a valid argument. And also you shouldn't rely on one move as a bender, if you rely on airblast to win a fight / keep you alive then we definitely shouldn't have it because it's OP.

Green

Verified Member
And also if you nerf airblast launch to the point were you only go this height, what is the point? I'm pretty sure people would rather just tap shift to go 8 blocks up then tap shift get on it jump and click. That makes air bending slow and there would be no point of using a move with too complicated of a mechanic to perform a simple move.

promancer

Verified Member
Dude you can still go high with this move, it is cannon, and you can dodge a lot quicker. Just because it has been in the plugin since the begging doesn't mean we should keep it, that is not a valid argument. And also you shouldn't rely on one move as a bender, if you rely on airblast to win a fight / keep you alive then we definitely shouldn't have it because it's OP.
My point is that the move is as Ironraptor3 said already accomplished by airblast/airjump with a bit of edit from config. It is true that just because we have had it since the beginning doesn't mean we should keep it, however it's effect was what I was most concerned about. Most elements can vastly change with one move, especially air, since its arsenal of damaging moves is small and limited.

And also if you nerf airblast launch to the point were you only go this height, what is the point? I'm pretty sure people would rather just tap shift to go 8 blocks up then tap shift get on it jump and click. That makes air bending slow and there would be no point of using a move with too complicated of a mechanic to perform a simple move.
It doesn't sound very complicated to me to tap shift, jump and click. Especially since as you said, that people have even learned to use it mid air.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Let's be real here: what about catapult? How EXACTLY high did those users get with that ability? To what extent?

For the @promancer firejet argument, didn't Azule propelled herself onto another gondola from the one that was about to be dropped?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I still think that the shift ability in Airblast should be taken away and an airbender should rely on AirJump if they want that function. Airjump is JUST like the Shift+click feature of Airblast and it's realistic. I suggest AirJump is moved to Core and the shift feature is taken away from Airblast. Also, FireJet has been displayed several times by both Azula and Korra. I don't see a problem with making a move more realistic when there are multiple alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.