• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Ability: AirDodge

Airblast in the show was one of air's main attack move, but in the plugin it is used as an OP mobility move. So something needs to replace this add on to airblast, which should be taken off of it. The move will be called AirDodge or AirJump and it will be an ability added to airblast. YES AIRBLAST LAUNCH NOW WILL BE GOTTEN RID OF.

First of you can tap shift in any direction and you will be launched 8 blocks in that direction, then while still in the air you can tap shift in any direction again and be launch 3 blocks in the direction looking. YOU CANNOT LAUNCH STRAIGHT FORWARDS YOU HAVE TO ATLEAST BE LOOKING AT A 20 DEGREE ANGLE OR MORE, IF ITS ANY LESS YOU WILL BE LAUNCHED STRAIGHT UP. You can use this on a wall if you are falling or something, this can launch you any direction but straight up or down. This will have a 3 second cooldown.

Also hold shift for 3 seconds and let go to be launched 15 b
locks, if you are not looking at an angle more than 70 degrees then you will be launched straight up. Then you can tap shift in any direction while in the air to be launched 3 blocks. This will have a 10 second cooldown.

THIS DOES MEAN THE SHIFT FOR AIRBLAST AND AIRSUCTION WILL BE DELETED BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It feels like you stole this from another suggestion. I might be wrong, because I don't remember how it went on the other thread and I'll have to check it out again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against that (otherwise it would be hypocritical of me) and I would love this ability over that overpowered airblast :)

Sosy13

Verified Member
First of you can click in any direction and you will be launched 10 blocks, then while still in the air you can click in any direction again and be launch 6 blocks. This will have a 6 second cooldown.
You can still launch yourself up while in Air with Airblast with no problem if you are good at using it correctly. The difference may be only blocks in this.
Also hold shift for 3 seconds and let go to be launched 20 blocks straight up, then you can left click in any direction while in the air to be launched 6 blocks. This will have a 12 second cooldown.
I see this to be really needless, because you can do the same action with AirBlast by clicking it twice when being launched.
What you're suggesting is AirBlast, but with a different name. They're both like same to me.

Green

Verified Member
They are not the same at all airblast launch is just an add on and honestly it is way to OP. This isn't the same as airblast at all. Airblast is used to get far distances and this is to quickly dodge in a fight which is what air is about. AND it is cannon I have seen it many times, like when Tensin climbed the mountain with the new air benders early in the mourning. And besides never in the show was it shown that an airbender can launch them selves that far like airblast does, so get rid of airblast launch!!!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Probably what he doesn't like about airblast is that it has some flaws that doesn't relate his standarts. While I'm not that of a good experience airbender, so I have no clue about airblast and I can't list the flaws it contains. From the other person that posted a rent similar to this one, here his/her claims over it. Take this into consideration when reading this quote, it has the information that might be false:

Airblast: Airblast is the primary function of air, and I think it is long since time that we move forward from it being the high mobility for air. My suggestion is to remove the ability to use airblast on the user. This has been a long standing issue and has resulted in airbenders being able to fly using certain methods to use the move midair. The only airbenders that should have limitless flight such as this are those with the actual flight move!

On top of this, I feel that in place airblast should cancel out moves and travel faster by default. It should do stern knockback and have easy thresholds for velocity to be enacted upon. Airblast is supposed to be a major forward move in defense and pushing, not a method for airbenders to fly!
Airbenders in the show were shown to be capable of quick short dodges, not high speed jetting around! I suggest ...
Click here to read more about it

Green

Verified Member
Ok here is my main point.

In the show they had those wing suits and staffs to fly right? Never did they use just air to get very far distances as like in the show. If they had this ability to launch this far why would they have these tools to "fly". So basically what I am saying is that it is impossible for airblast to work the way that it does now.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Too back up your point, here's an example of Aang, when he tried to use his glider to save the throw from the terrorized attack by Jet, but his glider wings was gliders wings prevented him to reach the town. He would have airblast to the town, but didn't, where we could confidently theorized that he couldn't because otherwise he wouldn't leave the helpless locals from there to die.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
The only reason airblast is "op" is because you can source it while in the air yourself, you can launch yourself in the air then repeatedly do so to go up infinitely. Another reason is because bending server owners make airblast too op. You cannot fix this by adding a cooldown because airblast is needed, its just that you can source it so high in the air after airblasting already.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Airblast would need to be recoded, so that it restricts the player to place its puff ball other than in front of him (shifting where placement standards don't meet would automatically place it in front the bender). And/Or if the player tried to airblast themselves, the blast would reach and end at where it meets the player, it would disappear immediately wthout affecting the user ,or the check could be made before it is blasted to see if the gust would get a contact with the user, so if it detects that it will, the ball would processed to disappear without being blasted.

Green

Verified Member
Should I change it to shift in any direction and then click in air? Because in the show they bent there knees a little.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure if aang can go a hundred feet into the air by sneezing, he can go twice as high or more by using a proper blast of air. Just saying, it is definitely canon for airbenders to be able to launch themselves into the air.

Green

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure if aang can go a hundred feet into the air by sneezing, he can go twice as high or more by using a proper blast of air. Just saying, it is definitely canon for airbenders to be able to launch themselves into the air.
And where is your evidence? If any air bender could do that they would do it more often.... In the show they basically relied on there gliders soooo.....

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't ever recall seeing an airbender use a blast of air that is near what is known as "airblast" I remember them using blasts of air from their feet and airspouts. That's about it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure if aang can go a hundred feet into the r by sneezing, he can go twice as high or more by using a proper blast of air. Just saying, it is definitely canon for airbenders to be able to launch themselves into the air.
Ten feet, not hundred. At least, that was what Sokka stated. @Green wasn't claiming that it is not canon, nor he wasn't suggesting different except nerfed version of launching one self like airblast and removing the existing mechanic from airblast.

I'm not of an experienced airbending player, so I can't judge anything about this ability. However, I can say I don't airbenders needed to focus on a source to be pushed from, they seem to just.. do it. I do think airbenders needs an launching ability that allows to jump without needing to select angles and stuff, just straight over from bat.

Last edited:

runefist

Verified Member
Just to mention, do not remove Airblast, I've done this, I even tried a power system, a cooldown system and new moves for movement, if you change airblast, people start cryin like little babies.

The idea of airbenders who will simply hop around with an ability selected would be lovely tho.
Something like: when you walk right, with the ability selected you will automatically hop 4 blocks to the right, this way they can simply hop from left to right with only pressing A or D.

Green

Verified Member
I think you guys are missing the point of this. Airblast is very non cannon AND it wouldn't even be possible in the Avatar world. So yes it should get deleted if this move or any replaces it, and if people complain about it getting removed they can get over themselves because it is and OP move that doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.