• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
And like Green mentioned, they in the gif didn't create the puff air blast to launch themselves, and I
think that's unrealistic way to launch themselfs. To further this point, I have also not seen airbenders ever pushing themselfs from a side, they just ran instead when needed to make a quick-move away. All they did was airblast up from the surface (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be capable to do that in mid-air, but you can correct me on that).
I changed the numbers so have a look. And I changed the second shift to make it more realistic like they are only propelling them selves a few more blocks.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also hold shift for 3 seconds and let go to be launched 15 blocks straight up, then you can tap shift in any direction while in the air to be launched 4 blocks. This will
Is that a vertical, diagonal or a horizontal jump? Or would it depended by the bender's camera position?

Green

Verified Member
But when you hold shift for 3 seconds it is straight up prof you are looking at a slight angle like how it is with earthlaunch. Like nothing less than a 70 degree angle.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
And like Green mentioned, they in the gif didn't create the puff air blast to launch themselves, and I
think that's unrealistic way to launch themselfs. To further this point, I have also not seen airbenders ever pushing themselfs from a side, they just ran instead when needed to make a quick-move away. All they did was airblast up from the surface (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be capable to do that in mid-air, but you can correct me on that).
In the gifs its the same mechanic, not completely the same animation. Thats up to whoever can change the animation.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Lol I am an airbender xD and I use air all the time, thanks. And your blinded by wanting to keep airblast launch that you clearly don't see that him jumping isn't 100 feet into the air and he doesn't have to make a weird source thing stand on top of it and then launch like airblast launch. The mechanic on how airblast launch is, is totally not how it was in the show and would probably be impossible to do.....

And I have never said that it was impossible to be launched with air! Where do you get these things from?!?!
I am saying that its pointless to add you're move for a few reasons: This is already possible with airblast. You are just sourcing where the blast will come from. You saying "you clearly don't see that him jumping isn't 100 feet into the air" is complete bull. The power of airblast is up to the server owners so don't take out you're frustration on the move itself.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
In the gifs its the same mechanic, not completely the same animation. Thats up to whoever can change the animation.
Still, my point still stands that they cannot push themselves from the side, unless someone can proof me otherwise. I'm not requesting for the sourcing part to be remove completely, but it should be tweaked so that pushing is not doable or unefective (/inefective?).

Green

Verified Member
so you want to remove airblast affecting the user?
YES CANT YOU READ I FEEL LIKE YOU DIDNT EVEN READ THE POST!!!

Airblast makes no sense! Let's put it this way, 1 minecraft block = 3 feet and airblast probably launches you more than 50 blocks up!!!! Do you notice how high that is?!?!? And btw the airblast lauch mechanic absolutely could not be done in the show. You literally showed a gif on how my ability would work not airblast launch......

Last edited:

BryanPlays

Verified Member
This is what im saying. You're "AirDodge" is pointless when you can do it with airblast. The gifs show both because they're the same thing. The only difference is the airblast animation.

Green

Verified Member
And I'm also guessing your not that old, because you don't know what the mechanics of something means.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I can't judge how op is or not airblast, because I haven't played as an airbender for a while. However, I do agree with Green on the part that airblast shouldn't blast the user around from sides. I find it unrealistic, as airbenders can't push themselves with air, unless someone can be prove me otherwise. Yes, I want airblast to not affect the user or the blast should not go and reach her/his back. A new ability would serve the function of it, except the bender wouldn't need to source at different angles and like Green said. Airbenders usually used their super speedy run (we have that in the plugin as a passive) to get around their surroundings/area.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
*FacePalm

I'm not even going to try to explain this to you, just stop please.
You aren't listening to me.
I can't judge how op is or not airblast, because I haven't played as an airbender for a while. However, I do agree with Green on the part that airblast shouldn't blast the user around from sides. I find it unrealistic, as airbenders can't push themselves with air, unless someone can be prove me otherwise. Yes, I want airblast to not affect the user or the blast should not go and reach her/his back. A new ability would serve the function of it, except the bender wouldn't need to source at different angles and like Green said. Airbenders usually used their super speedy run (we have that in the plugin as a passive) to get around their surroundings/area.
That depends on how you use airblast and as shown in yhe gifs then launched themselves using airbending.
And I'm also guessing your not that old, because you don't know what the mechanics of something means.
This is not a "toasting session" this is an argument, stop acting like to win you need to talk shit to me.

The point is airblast is basically you're move and there is not point to make your move just to edit airblast.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
I think you guys are missing the point of this. Airblast is very non cannon AND it wouldn't even be possible in the Avatar world. So yes it should get deleted if this move or any replaces it, and if people complain about it getting removed they can get over themselves because it is and OP move that doesn't make any sense.
How is it op ? All it is, is a mobility move. And if you think it is op, you can change the config on your server, or contact your server owner.

Exoblade

I'm sorry Green, but your idea is worthless.
Airblast as it is; just works, you can dodge, you can change positions, that's what it is supposed to do.
Besides, if you are going to look at the anime and say it didn't happen there, then we should remove way more moves than just airblast, now think about that.

Green

Verified Member
If the move wasn't preformed in the show the mechanic has to atleast be possible, airblast launch how it is now would not be possible on the show! I just seems like it was something that was thrown onto airblast, which it shouldn't have been. Airblast in the show was used as one of air's main attack moves and making it an air mobility move makes no sense. We should be focusing on making airblast into a really good air offensive move instead of a mobility move.

Status
Not open for further replies.