• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
If you assume the purpose of AirBlast is to launch yourself, you're going to have a bad time. The purpose of the variable direction of AirBlast is to ensure that the move can be used to create columns of air that aren't limited to running parallel to you.

Green

Verified Member
If you assume the purpose of AirBlast is to launch yourself, you're going to have a bad time. The purpose of the variable direction of AirBlast is to ensure that the move can be used to create columns of air that aren't limited to running parallel to you.
But was that actually possible in the show? I'm not sure.... But I am sure they couldn't launch like they do with airblast...

BryanPlays

Verified Member
THATS WHY I SAID THEY NEED TO MAKE IT SO THAT YOU CANT SOURCE ANOTHER AIRBLAST IN THE AIR TO GO UP AGAIN AND AGAIN!!! You need to work on you're listening skills.

Green

Verified Member
Oh my god. I said this a thousand time Bryan you don't listen to anything on this thread and I'm not explaining it either.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I am saying they need to make limits to airblast affecting the user not removing it completely. You obviously don't get that.

Green

Verified Member
The limits to airblast need to be were you can't launch at all!!!! It makes no sense and having a main air damage move and a main air mobility move is really OP. So make this move and delete airblast launch, done. Problem solved, you can still use other moves to go distances too. Just not bouncing around in the air, which was never seen in the show......

Green

Verified Member
I know it doesn't inflict damage but it does when you hit someone against a wall like it was in the show.

runefist

Verified Member
I know it doesn't inflict damage but it does when you hit someone against a wall like it was in the show.
Stop, I agree with you, some others do as well but this is just a point of view, you can't change their view they can't change ours.

Let it rest.

Machi

Verified Member
Airblast is terrible as the base dodging move because of the delay it has. It is the same fault of old earth and water in combat, having a delay between selecting and attacking. The shift and click mechanic works fine as a concept, but bending has changed dramatically, whilst air has not. Airblast in the show was almost entirely to block and push people around, not to send yourself flying around. Airjump, which does exist yes, is exclusive as an addon and is also entirely opposite of what the intention of this is for. Airjump and airblast being a thing at the same time as they are will only allow airbenders to fly around easier. The idea is to give air unpredictable mobility that they can use fast and easily rather than to fly, similar to how dynamic sourcing was created to make things easier for earth and waterbenders. Not to mention that the almost required low cooldown of airblast has resulted in most servers nerfing it to a point where it barely works in the dodging method intended because of the amount of fast low cooldown damage output that the other elements can inflict upon airbenders. I stand to say that airdodge/jump should just work like catapult, but enhanced. Let it launch them in any direction and work each time they touch a wall or the ground. Flight should be reserved to the move called flight, not to the most skilled airblaster :p

Machi

Verified Member
(also low cooldown strong default airblast IS overpowered in combat because of the ability to completely leave combat combined with the fact that air is no longer extremely low damage output, thats why so many people have nerfed it really hard)

BryanPlays

Verified Member
(also low cooldown strong default airblast IS overpowered in combat because of the ability to completely leave combat combined with the fact that air is no longer extremely low damage output, thats why so many people have nerfed it really hard)
So you're saying that air is no longer low damage output. But that is not necessarily because of PK it is because of jedcore.

Green

Verified Member

Watch this video at 1:00 and you will see that they use it a lot and it is really useful, if airblast launch was possible one of them would have launched wayyyy up.......

Airblast is ment to be a offensive move not mobility.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I see it this way. Your move is just a waste of a slot. You can literally do this stuff with airblast. Airblast just needs limits. SMH

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
if this change to airblast is made you might aswell also :
-remove watermanip redirecting, shown in show but raises skill ceiling
-remove heatcontrol, no firebender was ever on fire in show, no proof it works when the user is on fire
-make earthbenders take fall damage
-remove fireblast charging, there was never shown a firebender in the show that had to crouch over to charge fireblast, make fireblast work without holding shift
-remove tornado, shown in show that multiple benders are required to make a tornado
-remove waterbending fast swim because waterbenders are human and humans all swim at the same speed
-make it so firebending requires coal in your inventory to use any of the moves
-nerf airbubble because it is too op, now it requires you hold shift and spam click, you must do 10 clicks per second to keep the bubble going
-make it so airbubble requires a bottle of air in your inventory
-remove chiblocking because once someone died to chi and then he got salty
-remove airbending because it was never shown in show besides aang, hes the last airbender
-remove earthbending because this is an alternate universe where badger moles never existed
-remove firebending because firejet is too strong it should only go 3 blocks far
-remove waterbending and rename it to tearbending, so when people cry when they die to airbenders they get a +50% power boost
-remove the command /bending bind because in the show they did not use commands to bend
-remove bending itself because of all the changes that ruin the plugin and make it incredibly boring

-realize that these changes are not neccesary and that the plugin was fine how it was
-realize that these changes will probably eventually happen, because after all it is pk. feelsbadman

-remove pk from your server and cry at night

Green

Verified Member
-remove heatcontrol, no firebender was ever on fire in show, no proof it works when the user is on fire
-remove fireblast charging, there was never shown a firebender in the show that had to crouch over to charge fireblast, make fireblast work without holding shift
-remove tornado, shown in show that multiple benders are required to make a tornado
-remove waterbending fast swim because waterbenders are human and humans all swim at the same speed
-nerf airbubble because it is too op, now it requires you hold shift and spam click, you must do 10 clicks per second to keep the bubble going
-remove airbending because it was never shown in show besides aang, hes the last airbender
-remove earthbending because this is an alternate universe where badger moles never existed
-remove firebending because firejet is too strong it should only go 3 blocks far
-remove waterbending and rename it to tearbending, so when people cry when they die to airbenders they get a +50% power boost
-remove the command /bending bind because in the show they did not use commands to bend
-remove bending itself because of all the changes that ruin the plugin and make it incredibly boring

-realize that these changes are not neccesary and that the plugin was fine how it was
-realize that these changes will probably eventually happen, because after all it is pk. feelsbadman

At first I was like "this guy is salty" and then I started dying laughing. :D

But for real airblast launch is actually OP and also tornado doesn't make any sense AT ALL. And heat control I never really got how it worked but at the same time it always made sense, I think in the show firebenders didn't really have the need to melt ice, nor had any practice with the skill. So you actually had really good points here lol.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member

I'm no trying to support this "airblast rant" or anything like that, but I think there are some invalid facts in your reply and just for fu I'm gonna give my response to that :p
- HeatControl: an actual thing, performed numerious of times. Read about it in wikia, m8.
- NoFallPassive: R.I.P catapulters
- Charge Fireblast: ya, they were crouching
- Tornado: In Aang v Sozin fight, Aang did it alone (obviously, since there were no other airbenders in that time)
- Removal of FastSwim: that would be a good bless thig to me.
- AirBubble: I don't mind that nerf
- AirBubble#2: why?
- I do not approve of that :mad::mad::mad:
- I seen a lot of Aang skin people in random bending servers, so no, airbending should still exist
- There are, in ATLA mod :p
- No, it isn't. HeatControl is the only op move and that's the reason FBending shuld be removed
- YAS, WE TOTALLY NEED THIS!
- FALSE. Every person that was born entered a command to become bender, and therefor it is canon. Even if what ur saying is true, how would know what command they execute since you can't see their chat box? (unless u r hacker er smth then I'm gonna report u 2 mojang
- The Plugin is optional, so you can simple uninstall it or not play it, if that's what you wish :p

Last edited:

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Tornado makes complete sense. The only way airblast is op is because it has no limits and server owners buff it to do 4x what is should be doing. So I see "AirDodge" as pointless to make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.